The Magician's Burden

And TMB is back up to 4.3 again. Let’s hope it lasts longer than 2 days this time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Hey everyone, CoG has recently implemented a review system inside the HG Omnibus on Apple. I don’t have an Apple device, though, so I’m not able to look at any of TMB’s reviews on there. Would anyone be able to post a screenshot of TMB’s Omnibus rating here for me? Thanks in advance! :hugs:

3 Likes

Here you go! :grin:

3 Likes

Not bad at all. Thanks!

1 Like

Lol, I wonder how bad the reviews of my game are on Apple. I don’t have an Apple device either.

1 Like

What I like about the Omnibus is that people are only able to leave reviews if they finish the entire game. I think that’s how it should be on every platform.

7 Likes

(Quietly wonders if anyone has finished his game, except for the bad ending…)

Aw don’t say that! I can gladly check for you if you’d like friend. I will post it under your game’s thread. :grinning:

2 Likes

An update on TMB:

As of October, it has sold 3,500 copies. It also has pretty darn good ratings over all.

• 5.0 on Amazon
  • 4.4 on Apple
  • 4.3 on Android
  • Mixed reviews on Steam

Thanks to my fans!

17 Likes

Hey guys, looks like TMB is on sale on Steam for $3, which means you’d be saving $2 until the 11th. If you do happen to purchase it during the sale, please consider leaving a review, too. This platform is the only one where my rating is negative. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

How much of that money do you keep?

1 Like

HG authors get about 18% of the gross profits.

3 Likes

Another update:

In its first five months, The Magician’s Burden sold over 4,000 copies. It took Trial of the Demon Hunter a whole year to do that. Coupled with the fact that TMB is also $3 more expensive, it has turned out to be 6x as successful as my first HG, published five years ago. Thanks so much, guys!!

11 Likes

Awesome to hear it’s doing well! I know you’re doing your other projects first like The Twisted Village, but do you still plan on continuing this series?

3 Likes

Yeah, for sure. I’m kind of burnt out on it right now, but I’ve still been working on the outline and stuff for The Magician’s Enigma.

4 Likes

TMB has borderline, lol. It has been constantly oscillating between 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 on Android in the past few months.

2 Likes

Nooo. Isn’t that a good thing? :sob:

4 Likes

Uh…there’s been a disturbing trend of several reviewers who left really colorful written reviews all updating their reviews and rating TBH even worse to bring down its score and make all the most recent reviews really hateful and dramatic. Who the fuck is rallying these people?

Haven’t played the game, just googled it, seems for some reason people on that modding forum dislike you (as in, the first reply to someone who stole your game literally says “Death to Samuel”)

Actually that’s a pretty old thread, so maybe not.

Perhaps just random trolls

4 Likes

No, they don’t like him (though what sparked them to do this now I don’t know, if it is them doing it, since it’s been out a long time). He went over there and confronted them about the modding before and they held a grudge about it. They aren’t the most grounded individuals.

3 Likes