The Magician's Burden

war… war never changes

1 Like

After reading this again for like the 30th time this year I was reminded about how awesome the game is! Huge congratulations and can’t wait for the next ones! Didn’t you say you had an idea for a fourth aswell?

1 Like

Man, according to the play store reviews, people either love this or think it’s boring garbage, haha. :joy: But still, I’ve got a 4.8 rating and considering TotDH is only rated 3.9, I’ll take it!

@ElvesForTheWin
Thanks! Yes, I’ve got three sequels planned.

Also, it looks like HG has no plans of expanding the demo to where I wanted it to be. It’s a shame because it seems to me that’s just flushing more sales and better reviews down the toilet. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

One word: FUCK!

I just finished it. How could you let this happen to Mowbow!? I was tearing, no joke.
Beautifully written, man. The ending was the pièce de resistance.
Well done!

4 Likes

Because she was voted the most popular character in the beta stage. :grimacing:

Thanks! :grinning:

Btw, everyone, if you have TMB on Steam, please consider leaving a review. I only have 2 over there as opposed to 46 on Android.

Damn Mabelin is probably top 5 best RO’s i have ever played and it’s just getting started, i hope she gets more depth in the next game, also this game was really easy to follow as english is not my mothertongue i have trouble keeping up with the books sometimes, but this one was REALLY good, cant wait for the next one!

3 Likes

Glad to hear it! Rest assured that all 4 ROs will get just as much development in the next installment.

oww, he murdered Mowbow because she was popular… so… Guys, please, stop showing your love for Mabelin!!! I beg :cry:

… I hate that character anyway… I bet that nobody gives a shit about her …

3 Likes

That was just a bad joke. :sweat_smile:

@Hostage
Btw, remember to use spoiler tags, please. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations on your new game!

I found two little critters crawling through the game!
You can’t pick Keano even if you have over 60 percent relationship with him.

During the “lets get new clothes for the party” scene, after you review a choice, it disappears.

TMB is such a great game! Honestly, I replayed it like over 5 times already just because of all the choices. Even though I can’t seem to go the evil route, I love this game! I know everyone seem to love Mabelin the most, but I… actually… like Killian and Petre the most??? pls don’t kill me but I actually laughed every time Petre said ‘perverted’ to even the most innocent comebacks. I honestly just felt a lil ‘opposites attract’ vibe from Killian which is why I didn’t romance anyone in the first playthrough because I thought we were going to have a lil one-on-one scene that didn’t involve him in a prison.

HONESTLY, I need to replay this game one (did i say one? i meant 4) more times just to be Zaleth’s friend! I tried like two times but I can’t continuously play pranks or attempt at murder to save my life! :sweat_smile:

Anyways, I am pretty sure I said this already, but I love the game and I literally can’t wait for more. I am biting my nails just thinking about the sequel!

2 Likes

Wow, thanks so much! That really means a lot.

It’s funny because a lot of people find Petre unbareably annoying but that’s the goal with him, haha.

I’m actually not so surprised that a number of people have wanted Killian as an RO, but I don’t think I’ll be doing that. Not that I’m against the idea. It could actually be really interesting, it’s just that I’ve already got 4 other ROs planned.

It might be difficult to choose the “go along with Zaleth” options at first, but I think you’ll find them really entertaining.

I’ll investigate that Keano bug. I’ve already fixed the clothes bug and sent CoG an update, but hopefully I can send them another one before they send that first one to the markets.

1 Like

Violet be like

7 Likes

What the actual fuck is wrong with Google? TMB has 42 positive reviews and 7 negative ones, yet they choose to display the three negative ones.

5 Likes

The better question is why does that last person think having only the first part of a series with the second one still being made make it worse.

7 Likes

Yeah, haha. I scratched my head at all of those. A 1 star just said “Another disappointment.” I guess he just thought TMB was as bad as Trial of the Demon Hunter. :man_shrugging:

A 4.5 is good but not good enough for me. But I’m still getting a lot of inspiration from all you guys giving positive feedback here on the forum.

6 Likes

It’s higher rated than your previous games look at the positive side. Don’t let the negative reviews get you down.

12 Likes

Yeah, I’m still happy! TMB is gonna be far more succesful than my previoius three books combined.

3 Likes

Nah, they are probably disappointed that it isn’t free. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Yeah, lemme just give my 460 page story away for nothing. :smirk:

4 Likes

Dream romance right there.

1 Like