The Magician's Burden

Hehe!

Hey, now you can finally finish your romance arc with Keano.

Lol, TMB is already being pirated and modded, and a bunch of people on the evil pirating site are congratulating the pirate for his hard work. I thought someone else worked hard on this…who could it be? :thinking:

13 Likes

Bleh. It’s definitely a sad, ugly little place. A good thing they require forum registration to download, as that likely cuts their numbers considerably. I think their site is where you go to get digital AIDS.

6 Likes

TMB is now available on Apple, Android, Amazon, and Steam! https://www.choiceofgames.com/user-contributed/magicians-burden/#utm_medium=web&utm_source=ourgames

5 Likes

I wouldn’t even link their site in your comment.

@Samuel_H_Young
In chapter 2.

You had better head home for dinner, or else your father and mother will have a tantrum. embarrassing, you know.

Capitalise the bolded word

In the option:
“You had better head home for dinner, or else your father and mother will have a tantrum. Embarrassing, you know.”

just as the sun is dipping over the horizon, you arrive at your house. It’s just a simple, wooden, one story building with a vegetable garden out front. It’s nothing special, but it’s home, at least. You open the gate and walk through, shutting it behind you and making your way across the dirt path that goes through the middle of the garden.

Capitalise the bolded word.

Edit
In the option:
"You roll your eyes and say, “Hello to you, too, father. Yes, I’ve had quite a day; how considerate of you for asking.”

just get your smart ass to the table and help your brother finish setting up.”

Capitalise the bolded word.

1 Like

Damn, it looks like those typos are because of a “search and replace” gone wrong. I’ll comb through the whole book and try to weed them out.

1 Like

For me, you sold me on the story at “By Samuel Young” and “demon in your head”. shrug

2 Likes

You know what’s up. :smile_cat:

1 Like

ooooow maan… i loved it!!! The ro’s are so amazing! Congratulations to the author!
I found a typo

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m glad you liked it! I’ll fix those typos and send in an update to CoG tonight.

1 Like

Congrats! I was captivated by the demo and I really enjoyed it and wanted to read more! I love all the aspects, magic, fantasy, and most importantly… Romance!!!

2 Likes

Congrats on the release @Samuel_H_Young :smiley:

And behold

Mabelin best waifu confirmed

IMG_20180817_003112_501
20180817_003644

8 Likes

By the way, did anyone get the email announcement about this coming out? I didn’t myself, so I’m a bit worried it was never sent.

3 Likes

Yup, got it as soon as it was available on the site.

2 Likes

I got a push notification on my iPhone, too.

1 Like

That bedroom scene; HOT!!!
Loved every single moment!!

3 Likes

Hooray. Which RO did you romance?

1 Like

Violet and Mabelin, for now :kissing::kissing_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Still nursing by wounds after Violet threw me out :sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

I think I found a bug :frowning: I’m playing on Steam if it matters. So I chose to be a thief and then I had to choose again, the thief option is greyed out and I’m forced to make another choice. I’m pasting the text if you want to take a look:

(+2 Stealth, +2 Deception, +2 Speed, +2 Avarice, Violet Increases, Gained Thief Job)
Most of the time, you’ll have to end up sneaking out of the house in the dead of night to meet up with your new employer, so it will be risky in that regard as well. But of course, you’re more than familiar with risk, and that’s part of why it’s so fulfilling. You shrug and tell your parents, “There aren’t many employers who are hiring right now, so I’m still looking.”

Your mother nods and says, “Well, I can understand that. We do live in a small village, after all. I’m sure you’ll find something soon.”

Your father grunts and says, “just make sure you can pay rent at the end of the month, boy. As long as you can do that, I don’t much care what you do.”

Your brother grins at you and says, “Hey, maybe since you only have one other job, that means we can spend more time together!”

Your mother asks, “So, were you able to find another job, too?”

Believe it or not, you found a job as a thief. You obviously can’t tell your parents that, but it’s how you’ll be getting a considerable amount of your income now. [Review]

You were hired as a village guard. [Review]

You found a job as a local scribe. [Review]

You were hired by a local farmer. [Review]

1 Like

Oh! Silly me. You actually get to choose two jobs. :joy:

3 Likes