The Magician's Burden

Yes, you’d be surprised how people tend to ‘not notice’ what is going on (smartphones have given a very handy excuse here). From mere beggars to far, far worse things. ‘Not my problem.’, ‘I’d just get hurt if I got involved.’, ‘I’d like to help, buuuuut…’ Some people won’t even call the police or anything, no idea what goes through their head (and bleeding glad I don’t understand them, to be honest).

It is quite sad indeed. :cry:

Interesting story, by the way, been tracking and playing, realised I had yet to post here. :grin: So many WIPs, so little time! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the unfortunate reality a lot of the time.

Thanks!

2 Likes

That seems really sad.
I don’t think I’ve seen anybody get hit in the middle of the street , but your point is right about animals. You see tons of stray cats in the street but almost nobody try to feed or help them. I’ve even seen a dead cat once yet everyone just ignored it and walked, or if there is a dead bird people just keep driving and run over it.

3 Likes

Exactly. It’s a mixture of apathy and the bystander effect. “Well, there are tons of people around so I don’t need to do anything about this. Someone else will.”

EDIT:

Just realized I posted about The Enchanter’s Misery on the wrong thread. XD

3 Likes

Just tell me which posts to move and I will when I see the request.

1 Like

Thanks! I just edited the comment and posted it again on TEM’s thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Is there a demo? I can’t find it

As you can see in the thread’s title, TMB was submitted for CoG’s contest.

Btw, everyone, I’ve decided to lower the Kihbok boss battle stat checks to 20 instead of 25. I certainly don’t want TMB to be a stat grinding game. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey everyone, some portraits of Keano, Rigel, and Mabelin have been made by the very talented Ragingmunkey. I’ve added the illustrations and some character bios to the stats screen.

22 Likes

I love the idea, but how can I actually play The Magicians Burden?

As you can see in the original post and the thread title, TMB is a CoG contest entry. It was submitted in January and is currently being judged.

4 Likes

Some bittersweet news about my newest interactive novel, The Magician’s Burden. (I’M not crying, YOU’RE crying!)

22 Likes

Fear not, my friend.
For the burden of this trial will surely strengthen the resolve of the magician, to evolve into an even greater being…!

6 Likes

Man, it looks like you were in the top third! That’s pretty damn impressive! I hope the sweet outweighs the bitter.

9 Likes

Well, I managed to stop ugly crying long enough to submit TMB to Hosted Games. If you’re part of this list and would like to give me your real name to credit as a beta tester, feel free to comment here!

EDIT: TMB is now on the Upcoming HG thread and pending submission to the markets!

11 Likes

Guess i am late already

A published game is much better than a demo, anyways. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

so im just wondering what dos pending assets mean? i remember there being an explanation long ago in the upcoming games but cant remember what it was.

2 Likes

@Hugana
Pending assets means that the CoG staff are waiting for the author to give them something they need to publish the game.

2 Likes

@Bugreporter
i see thanks for the info.

1 Like