The Magician's Burden

Hmmm…I’ll consider it.

4 Likes

@Samuel_H_Young is right. Great game. Like, mind blowingly great. imitates explosion near his head

7 Likes

Oh thank you my lord! I promise I won’t let ya down! On my word! Bows repeatedly

2 Likes

@FutbolDude21586 and @Spyder

Finally, some recognition. :innocent:

3 Likes

I was god damn ONE chapter off my Keane romance scene when it was taken down :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

6 Likes

Damn, sorry. T.T Hopefully it will be published sooner than later.

Though this just means it will be even sweeter when you read the published TMB. :slight_smile:

With a seemingly insurmountable lead in the polls, I wonder if Mowbow will continue to be the favorite non-RO even as the sequels come out. :thinking:

6 Likes

A little update on TMB while it’s in the publishing queue:

I’ve added an “extra salty” healing option in the Killian jail scene in Chapter 6 per advice from @jinx. I also put in several options to haggle with merchants using your Economics stat in Chapter 5. Lastly, I’ve finally decided on your village’s name, which I’ll now be implementing into the story: Orilon.

9 Likes

Legend has it that you can’t peal back the layers of Orilon without crying.

8 Likes

It also grows stinky and gross hairs if left in the sun too long.

8 Likes

Question: is it supposed to be pronounced like Orion, but with ‘l’?

1 Like

Yeah, like or-ih-lawn.

Also, just wrote in the part where you give Mowbow the treats you bought her in Chapter 5. There were a few things I didn’t get to add before the contest deadline.

4 Likes

Give… M-m-mowbow her… treats…
W-w-w-w-…

WAHHHHHHHHHHH :sob:

Oh oh, just remembered.

You know, the MC’s free days?
Maybe make it so that the game acknowledges the MC’s previous trip on the same day?

Like, if the MC visits chess, then arena on the same day, the opening scene with Mabeline is pretty much exactly the same. Maybe some variable there or something?

Or maybe just write them differently, to trick the reader into thinking there’s acknowledgement.

You might think it’s a weird time to mention this, but I actually thought about it a while ago. Kind of… forgot. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

T.T

I can do that! Little suggestions like this could help me tidy up TMB a lot before it’s published, which is super important. Thanks.

Also, some illustrations for Keano, Rigel, and Mabelin are underway!

8 Likes

Will we be able to get a wand like the demon huntress?

4 Likes

That’s an interesting idea. Normally, wands or magical staffs are used by non-magical people to store and channel magical energy, though there are people who use them to enhance their own magical abilities, like Callidus from DAM and Melithar. So it could be a possibility in future installments.

7 Likes

It would allow for player’s that don’t want to depend on the demon for power to have extra options.

4 Likes

That’s true, though your power will be doubling in The Magician’s Enigma.

4 Likes

Is the demo gone? I cant see it

Yeah, I submitted TMB to the CoG contest.

4 Likes

The game was submitted in the contest and was taken out of beta testing.

:ninjad by @Samuel_H_Young - you got an author response, congrats :slight_smile:

4 Likes