The Lost Heir Trilogy

Personally, I think its easiest to build a Strength/Charm Blades Wielder.

Re: Easiest playthrough:

Magic is definitely one of the best, if not the best, skills, just because it has out of combat utilities that let you save money on other stuff. You will never need a weapon if you can get it above 50.

Charm is stupidly useful, so is Stealth. Devices is very good even if you do have Gill/Gale, just because there are times (now and probably in the future) where you wonā€™t have them with you to pick locks. Of all the ā€œKnowledgesā€, Nature is the best one to specialize in for poisons/wilderness survival/geographical knowledge. Havenā€™t seen much practical use for the others besides Religion letting you nick the Cloak, which Peter/Petra can substitute for.

That said, none of the skills are completely useless, and itā€™s possible to succeed with most combinations (just not jack of all trades). And I have had a lot of fun on most of the builds without the above skills. They definitely do seem to make the game easier or more successful, though.

On another note, I liked that the romance interests had their own preferences: Theo/Thea wanted someone with high Strength, Peter/Petra someone who was strictly Good, and so on. It made sense that not everyone would fall at your characterā€™s feet because youā€™re So Special. You either had to be their type or be Charming enough to talk them into dating you anyway.

8 Likes

You can actually get the cloak if you picked up the Gem of Seeing, earlier.

It is possible to kill the main boss. I think I did it with a fighter / mage. You then get his belt and manage to leave the castle with two companions. The other two do get captured however.

1 Like

How do youbget the Gem of seeking?

You can only get the gem if you take it as your share from Theo/Thea.

@Lucid please add the new game+ feature iā€™ve read in the previous messagesā€¦ even if you make it an IAP, iā€™d still buy itā€¦ hahaā€¦ or atleast a chapter save system, for your patrons with OCD like me that need to restart from the very beginning if i screwed what was supposed to be the perfect RP runā€¦ hahaā€¦ still love the game, been playing since last night, still havenā€™t finished itā€¦

Wait can you die in this game? Itā€™s never happened to me??

Nope, you have ā€œplot immunityā€. You canā€™t die.

Iā€™ll consider a stat bump increase. Perhaps it would be neat, especially since those stats would carry through for the next games as well. :smile:

Top 3 hosted games and all 3 on the chartsā€¦ awesome. :smile:

10 Likes

@Lucid, youā€™re the man. I had noticed the tons of great reviews on App Store. And your new story is actually pulling up your older ones? Thatā€™s a sure sign of a growing following. Well done, sir.

Although I hope CCH bumps you off your mighty HG perch in May or so! Game on!

And I also support ā€œplot immunity.ā€ If you have a story to tell, you sort of need to ensure the continued existance of the protagonist/narrator.

2 Likes

@Lucid, your work deserves that spot and recognitionā€¦ heheā€¦ will look forward to any updates about the stat bump and the sequels, and the fixes too, like was it always intended that i can sleep with petra/jess and then sleeping with karla without negative effects?.. oh and what does training in riding add aside from petra +5?.. grady said it was needed for being a knight but i canā€™t see any stats related to it and my poorly trained tourney horse is still poorly trained after choosing that optionā€¦

I loved the game, a bit short for my taste but very high replay value.

A question, how to increase willpower to be able to control the green demon stone?

Is their a way to be able to control the red deamon with horns before the game ends?

This game is amazing! The game has great replay-ability value and fantastic writing. Also, can you overpower Tyborr (The Red Demon) within the game, as despite my best efforts the answer has eluded me.

1 Like

You can control Xiā€™atta, Brah and Zonā€™ch. You can probably control Daanā€™da since he is called ā€œweakā€ but you never get the chance. Oddly enough the merchant canā€™t help you translate his name either. But no, you canā€™t control Tybor this game.

Oh and you can only get Daanā€™da if you donā€™t get Tybor

1 Like

can someone tell me all the steps to get willpower,i know you can get 10 for picking you have a presence that makes the servents let you through and i know you get like 5 or so everytime you mess with the stones but i feel like im missing something

The best you can get is 50, start with 20 then +10 by forcing your presence with servents(you have to if you want to use demonstone in this game), after that get +5 twice from each time you practice demonstone. Before leaving last town, talk to foster parent get +5 and train with Jess +5.

1 Like

so i guess i cant use demons to fight the troll

ā€¦Iā€™m pretty sure you can use at least Xiā€™atta to fight the troll, but whether or not he actually hurts the troll is the question. I thinkā€¦

I would definitely like to see a stat bump we could buy. Perhaps you could even work it into the dream sequence choice in the very beginning. For example, it could add a choice for responding with ā€œoverwhelming powerā€ or the like, giving the stat boost, instead of a rune covered sword, catapults, etc. This would also conveniently allow folks who have purchased the stat boost to play without it, if they want a more challenging playthrough.

3 Likes