The Lost Heir Trilogy

like a semi boss battle thuja style… hehe… fingers crossed for more and satisfying petra moments in LH3…

Part of the problem with Petra’s quest lies, I’d say, with the fact that unless you let yourself get infected with vampirism (which may not be an entirely good thing either), you don’t really get anything out of it for succeeding, unlike the others - no Petra beign hailed as a hero for destroying the vampire (thus recovering some of her family’s reputation), no finding out that the vampire was carrying a big pile of gold and/or a powerful item or two - nothing, as I recall…

2 Likes

Petra is not unfit, but my childhood friend was Gale not Petra. And the MC says his parents might have approved Thea if she is named chieftain.

Finally got an account here after lurking for quiet some time… How exactly do I steal- I mean obtain or be invited to get some of those guides to breaking this- I mean guiding my way through this game? Also, I wonder if Gale reminds anyone of Imoen? Any BG fans out there who want to dual class Gale or Gill to mage, give Theo/Thea a pet hamster, and buy Jace/Jess red robes? No one… Okay then… I’ll just wait until a hamster is patched in as a potential ranger companion… And the patches come to IOS that would be nice to…

1 Like

Jess can get a Red Robe, it might not end well for her.

2 Likes

@EmperorHeartless Can I join your cult? :grin:

1 Like

@Sophia My power grows…
@Urban Nah… Red? Nothing wrong with that… Nothing could go wrong.

@Lucid I always wondered. What are the approximate stats of your companions? I always wondered just how strong is Theo(a). Are they like 90 strength? I know their endurance sucks. Probably 30-40.
Do you think it’d be possible for you to post what their stats are? (Ofc that would take a bit of time so if it’s too troublesome no worries.) Maybe just their relevant stats. No sense in posting that Theo(a) has 0 stealth.

Unless my ceazy theory with no supporting evidence that Theo(a) is actually the true Thieves Guild Master and has a sneak skill above 100, but just doesn’t show it. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Is there a guide to unlocking the different prestige classes and the different legendary mounts?

YOU’RE HORRIBLE. Too soon!

To add my two cents I do hope that the ramifications of their personal quests, especially that of your love interest, resounds through the third installment. Admittedly the Childhood Friend quests were pretty vanilla compared to the others. Let’s see now:

Karla: Saved her mom from brutal beatings by a steroid junkie. Now that I’m King, I have to track her down and offer her a much better lifestyle that she’s ever had. I am not the Jedi Council, I am not bloody going to leave my wife’s mother in poverty or possible slavery.

Petra: Now that the stain of the vampire is gone, its time to take back her ancestral lands and title. Naturally this is easier said than done. There are probably complications. Serious complications. Such as the deeds of her lands have fallen into the hands of the Church. Sure Petra’s a cleric but convincing people to abandon the cathedral they were building because the Royal Consort wants her old stomping grounds back could get a little awkward. Unless I am high priest in which case, I can just declare it a Personal Possession as head of the church AND state.

Thea: Okay she’s now a chieftain and all that entails. Unfortunately while being heir to Daria means I can declare her my Consort, it does not mean that the Tribes recognize me as Thea’s husband. I would have to prove myself worthy of her hand through a truly epic quest. Or have my undead hordes/dragon be my counter-argument.

Jess: Okay now she can use Soul Burning magic on a much greater scale if I am willing to make a few sacrifices along the way. I happen to have a dungeon full of traitors to the Realm and a lot of public improvement projects that could use a little demolition work… On a related note, watching Jess try to be a mother would be adorable. Personally I reckon that Jess does not actually have evil karma, more towards neutral really. However, experience has taught her that “evil” is the way people act and react to her. Fear and revulsion are the order of the day. An evil MC fits her world view perfectly, of a Byronic hero that’s mainly out for number one. An altruistic individual raises all of her red flags and puts her on guard. Either they want to betray her, rob her or bed her. Possibly all three. That person could actually be your MC. Way to go you bastard.

Kayle: Okay so we built the Arrow of Inescapable Doom. Time to present it to the Guild so that she can be recognized for her talents and made a Meister. What’s that you say? Someone stole the archived plans? Surely nothing to worry about… Say Archmage, do you happen to have any magic items that can prevent me from dying by arrow wounds?

Brin: Hello Ms Fanservice Vanilla, I am sure we’re going to get a lot of character development and backstory from you in LH3.

3 Likes

Supplicate yourself at the altar of Neo and the secrets of the universe shall be yours for the taking!

In all seriousness, Neoheartless has a guide. Request that he add you to it to gain access.

1 Like

Tell me what you desire. I can grant you the power of the great Neo :imp:

you confused gale/gill with karla/karl… gale/gill was the mother quest… karla/karl was the arrow quest…
and in regards with petra, duke bandar is dead, so giving petra her lands back wont be an issue, like i and lucid said, her family is a well loved one… so no awkwardness at all… besides, do you really think bandar the regicider gave the lands to the church?..

I stand corrected. Must have been a strange pair of crossed neurons in my skull. I did know that her lands fell into the purview of Duke Bandar but not that he had direct control of them. One notion I did entertain was that some of Petra’s old allies oversaw their donation to the Church to keep them out of Bandar’s filthy mitts. However that does raise the question why my own council thought that Petra was unsuitable as a consort if all of this is true. Sure she’s a dispossessed noble now but she would have been worth a lot of popular support since we are both fighting to reclaim our rightful inheritances. I recall something about disgrace haunting the family though.

On the plus side, it would mean that there is potential for a nice moment in LH3 when you manage to restore Petra’s lands to her with the accompanying title. Since there appears to be little contest, it would be a certainty (if she lives) rather than the culmination of a quest.

they do use bows sometimes… hehe… and well the council is predominantly from brightwater sans cumari, so maybe they were promoting their own nobles with brinn/bran?.. and about the lands i assume that’s the friendly route, her getting the lands back, since she’s my queen or consort, maybe giving the lands to the church or stays with the church would be one of the options since we already have the kingdom and tornassa…

1 Like

That does sound like a good idea. If we had the money, perhaps we could even start construction on Daria’s version of the Hagia Sophia in Petra’s old lands after they have been ceded to the Church.

1 Like

From what I’ve seem I don’t even think Petra cares about her land or titles. I can understand her need for revenge on her parents death, but she’s part of a particularly preachy clerical order so I can’t see her suddenly dropping it all to take up being an elite again.

remember that petra only joined the order to get revenge on the vampire, heck she even has sex with you, so theres no presidence that they cant hold titles, atleast not that we know of… now the vampires dead and vampirism is gone… or is it? wink2x… anyway, regardless of wanting it or not, returning it to her is the right thing to do, even if she ends up giving it up to the church because of personal reasons or her being my queen…

I think Petra/Peter has accepted things “the way they are” and like the aristocrats in post revolution France, Peter is looking to establish his place in the new world. Besides the quest thing.

1 Like

mom?.. lol… don’t confuse peter/petra with gill/gale… both are the childhood friend but only one can exist… besides, i hope the reformed kingdom of daria isn’t a useless constitutional monarchy or worse, a republic… haha…

2 Likes