The Lost Heir Trilogy

maybe he can add a new game plus+ like unnatural game to give us a boost like 10+ to all stats or something…

3 Likes

To afford the shield, you:

• Need to be evil (and steal the sheep)
  • Need to buy only the dagger, lock picks, holy symbol, and 2nd level horse
  • Need to be able to steal from the peddler (yes, the person selling the shield)
  • Need to sell the gloves of archery to the peddler

After all of that, you’ll have just enough money to buy the shield – but you won’t have enough money to get the feather of glibness later. And the only check (in this game) that the shield effects is the final confrontation, where you have a choice of using the shield OR the spider cloak to avoid an attack.

Yeah, not worth it at all. In my opinion, either stealing from the peddler should give you the shield outright, or it should give you ~600 gold so that you’ll have enough to buy it. The skill checks to steal from the peddler are… Rather high, given the current rewards.

I’ve gotten about halfway through the game (and restarted a few times) and I have to say I’m liking it allot. However, i feel like it has the same problem which lucids other games have; It just forces you to branch out and diversify, annoyingly so. I wanted to play a good, chatty swordsman. But in doing that I failed pretty much every stat check that didn’t reguire those things, which was an awful lot of them. Instead of just playing through the game I had to learn when the stat checks were and how to beat them.
Aside from that I’m having allot of fun though.

I have enjoyed this gamebook tremendously but it is really hard, it seems like I can never beat the boss at the end and always result in the dead of my foster parent and one of my companions? Can this be avoided?
Oh, and can I ask how to reset the game. I used to able to reset some old COG games such as Choice of Romance, Choice of Dragon or even Life of a Wizard but for the newer games, I can’t find the “Restart” button anymore? I am using an android phone to read the gamebooks.

You can prevent the death your companions. However, I think the death of the foster parent can’t be avoided.

1 Like

there is 3 dots top right or top down of your phone game like this : but with 3 dots, you press it and then you see achievement, restart,more games etc

Thank you, I kind of guess that you can’t avoid the death of your foster parent but I am glad to know that you can save your companions.
Do you know what kind of skills I need to build up in order to save all of them, I have tried some combinations but all of them ended up with blackout and then the dead of one of my companion. I mostly build a character who has high magic skill but should I pursuit another skill-building way instead.

1 Like

Thank you for answering but sadly, I can’t find the three dots you mentioned in my game at all. Here are the screenshots of my phone when I play “The Lost Heir”. There are the full screen, the top and the bottom of the stat screen and as you can see, there is no three dots that can be found.
full screen

stats screen (top)

stats screen (bottom)

can you slide your finger horizontally across the screen to the left or right, dunno why but you should have or 3 dots to the right of Show stats or a < to expand the options there like this screenshot —>
http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple3/v4/96/7e/e9/967ee917-a9b5-2ab2-eaeb-20b49b055c44/screen568x568.jpeg

sometimes those 3 dots are down to the right close to where you have your 3 phone keys

Back  Home Minimize/Maximize : and here the dots....

but i dont think you have missed it so… dunno

Do you mean Jace wanting to steal everything or you?

You should pm lucid with that idea… I would like being rewared with my 10 hours of playtime :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it really possible to not lose a companion to the boss? I just finished a playthrough as a monk with max Unarmed and about 50 Strength, and I still got KOd. This time Jace covered for my and Thea’s escape and died. :frowning:

I have finally manage to find that menu button. It doesn’t appear next to the “Show Stats” button, to be more precise, it doesn’t appear in the screen at all. I have to push outside the boundary of the screen for the menu to appear.
Thank you for taking time helping me with my trouble :smile:

haha i think he already read this, but you know my persuasión is pretty low :blush:

:clap: Gz, happy to know that xD

Myself, I didn’t see any other options to being evil. I don’t think I ever hesitated for any of the other “evil” options like demon summoning, but that wasn’t enough from what I can tell.

Double cross the shepherd early in the game. It’ll really sway your alignment.

Thanks, I’ll try that out and see what I get.

So, do we have a complete list of artifacts yet? I’ve gotten:

1. Nature Amulet-Retrieved from the sheep pit trap.

2. The Feather of Glibness-Put 200 gold on the Mischief God’s alter.

3. The Cloak of Spiders-Retrieved from the evil temple.

4. The Gem of Awareness-Take it as your share from the ruin.

5. The Belt of Speed-Taken from the final boss’s waist. I think you have to get it off of him to beat him one on one.

6. The Family Signet Ring-I think your guardian gives this to you if you don’t summon any demons.

7. The Shield?-I haven’t ever bought it, so I’m not sure.

What’s the last one?

2 Likes

Sorry I wasn’t clear with my previous comment. You can prevent the death of your companions but two will always be captured. As to how, there are several ways depending on your skills. The key is not to drag the boss battle for too long. You can also ambush/poison the boss before the actual battle to decrease his hp by 25.