The Lost Heir Trilogy

Hmm I’m actually not sure. I think so. I only used demonstones in one play through and when I came back my foster parent confronted me about it. I don’t remember gaining the ring so yeah I think you have to refuse to use demonstones. I’ll have to do another play through to check, but me personally I didn’t like demonstones. I did pretty well without them.

Does anyone know how to keep 4950 sheep out of the 5000 because all I can get is 4900?:confused:

I usually become a summoner because of the options it may open up in later games, I never really have to summon a demon.

Not sure how many I saved, but my best was always being an agile person with magic. Basically when you start succeed in one of the options like playing music or setting traps or any of that since I was a bard I played soothing music and the sheep stayed near and then in the battle with the troll I always struck it with magic, conjured fire, and then struck the troll with a fire brand. Basically during the whole thing make sure each decision succeeds and you should save majority of the sheep. If you fail at even one decision another guard dies and some sheep run away.

Yeah I tried using them, but it always failed for me. Not enough will I guess, but I found I can easily pass through the game without demon summoning so I didn’t really bother with them.

Well I pray over the sheep then use magic to take (-25) of the trolls health then I ignore thea and kill it with magic

The problem with demon summoning is it doesn’t do anything that the other
skills can’t handle, and unlike the other skills, use generally doesn’t up
your willpower, meaning you have to take every single opportunity you can
to up your willpower for demon summoning to be the least bit useful - and
frequently those opportunities are better used on more versatile skills.
Since for other skills, use increases them, versatility is key in this game.

For demon summoning to be more attractive, given its limited growth
potential, it would have to either offer uses, abilities, and rewards no
other stat offered, or it would need to be much more versatile (and thus
useful as a catch all skill) than the other stats. As it is, it pales in
comparison to most other stats and skills, but particularly so when
compared to magic and charm.

2 Likes

Exactly. One example for me is in the beginning where you had to figure out how to get past the servants I always opted for agility or charm rather than will. As agility and charm were more useful for me than will. Will would only be used on demon summoning while charm and agility are used for a variety of situations.

I play a demon summoner for a few of my characters. It can be used in plenty of situations and the more demonstones you acquire, presumably the more situations it will become useful. There is also that as the game progresses and your will is increased you will eventually summon stronger demons and (presumably) it will open up a whole bunch of story that we would otherwise miss.

Is there any point to dedicating the kill to your god if you have an icon and betray Master Jett?
EDIT: Also I usually choose squire as my class and in the end, none of the options (Including Tornassa) mention the Tournament, is that a bug or was it purposely left out?

Dedicating the kill to your god gets you a religion skill bonus, IIRC.

And that would likely be a bug at the end. The hunter class also doesn’t
get any little blurbs about what class-related thing might happen depending
on where they go.

Not a bug. :slight_smile: The squire will find the knighting tournament in all settings. Actually, all of the classes find unique opportunities in each of the four exiles. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Must have been a beast to write what essentially amount to four different chapters/games and all the possible party permutations. I think that if TLH 2 manages to not feel much shorter than TLH1 on any given play through I’d be very pleasantly surprised.

LH2 has a larger word count already and I still have more to write… :smile:

I think the beginning turned out well. I hope others like it too. :smile:

4 Likes

@Lucid is it possible for a demo old TLH2 to be out soon?

is talking about non cog games taboo?.. cuz i’ve been playing this android exclusive tales of illyria that kinda mixes oregon trail and cyoa and turn-based strategy and i wish this game had your story and setting, actually seeing your party of 6 travelling on horseback encountering random stuff on the way to defeating demons and such would have been awesome… anyway, just my thoughts… haha… cant wait to play part 2, still hoping the multiple partners would get implemented, gotta restart the royal family right?.. haha… Godspeed!

Gragh… Why did you have to tell me that. I already have a hard enough time waiting for the sequel and now I want it more…

I just want to go over the Artifacts. So far there is 8 Artifacts and they’re:

1. Necklace of Nature (+20 Nature)
  2. Gloves of Archery (+20 Archery)
  3. Gem of Seeing (+20 Perception)
  4. Feather of Glibness (+20 Charm)
  5. Signet Ring (+3 to everything)
  6. Spider Cloak thing (Special Option(s))
  7. Belt of Speed (Nothing so far)

What’s the last one? Also will there be more artifacts in TLH 2 or will the current ones just have more options?

The last one is a shield and just like the Spider Cloak, it gives special option’s. You get one you stop at your home town for the winter. But the real hard part is collecting money to get it.

@EmperorHeartless No demo, but for those willing to send feedback, I will be having a large Beta Test, but not for some time. I have to finish the first draft, proofread the whole thing and then Alpha Test it myself until its smooth enough for Beta. But, it’ll come… eventually. :smile:

@DanKiwi47 There will definitely be more uses of the artifacts. The quests from LH1 will have some interesting, big and ongoing effects as well. Also, some new prestige classes will show up. There won’t be as many artifacts though, but with everything else, you likely won’t need them. :smile:

3 Likes