The Lost Heir Trilogy

I think the key is to allow yourself to be called/summoned before you stab the K’Girr in demon realm, in the latest version you couldn’t ignore the pull when you’re talking to Zusak.

1 Like

Can’t you be a good level 1 necromancer?

One thing I have been wondering, is why did Naistalan stay when the others left?

I believe the child matches your sex, so that if you desire to: designate them your heir they will conform with the inheritance laws set forth in installment one.

1 Like

You should have found out throughout the middle and later chapters. It is outright stated by him and one of your companions.

Has anyone unlocked the Wanderer ending?

Also what was your favorite ending?

So what would be the best way to stay alive after allowing yourself to be summoned?

I think everyone favorite ending will be either the Hero or the Villain. All the others ending you just fail.

Personally liked The Martyr, but The Hero was nice too.

I’m starting to wonder what the story of the MC’s child/ward (if they had one) would be in The Martyr ending. Especially if it’s the ward.
(I like the idea of the king/queen’s adopted child inheriting the crown.)

1 Like

To become a level 1 necromancer, your max alignment is 30. So, no.

Speak for yourself, the martyr ending is beautiful, especially for an evil martyr. And on a personal note, the monster ending was also an acceptable outcome if done intentionally.

5 Likes

Well, that depends on your stats. Just pick the option based on whatever your stats are good at.

I found a typo in a play through where I sided with Sydnie against Poppy. I chose the unarmed option against the demon dog when I wasn’t skilled enough and go from “(Needed 50 Endurance or 3 Levels in 3)”

Well, this is my most satisfying playthrough so far (stat-wise) :grin::

Show Stats
Aragorn, the Demon King of Daria. 

DEMON TRAITS: 

Humanity: 85% 

- glowing demon eyes 
- unnaturally large, well-defined muscles 

Health: 80%

SPECIALIZED TRAINING: 
Squire Levels: 2 
Guard Levels: 1 
Knight Levels: 1 
Blade Master Levels: 1 
Catalyst Levels: 1 

MORALITY: 

Good: 100% Evil: 0%  

ABILITIES: 

Agility: 100%

Charm: 100%

Endurance: 100%

Perception: 100%

Strength: 100%

Willpower: 23%

SKILLS: 

Archery: 100%

Devices: 13%

Magic: 48%

Blades: 100%

Stealth: 26%

Unarmed: 5%

KNOWLEDGE: 

Arcana: 82%

Geography: 70%

History: 60%

Nature: 66%

Religion: 39%

RELATIONSHIPS: 

Jess: 100%

Petra: 100%

Theo: 100%

Bran: 100%

Raquel: 83%

Waltz: 100%

Poppy: 90%

Lord Vale: 75%

Archmage Cumari: 84%

Lord Tovor: 83%

YOUR MOUNT: a well-trained tournament horse named Brego. 

KINGDOM: 

Citizen Reputation: 100%

Citizen Fear: 0%

TATTOOS: 
- a white circle on your shoulderblade

INVENTORY: 
- a dirty pouch on your well-worn belt containing 94 gold 
- a tarnished wedding ring on your finger 
- a dented sword on your belt 
- Lacey's Glass Marble in your pocket 
- a dagger in your torn sleeve 
- a magical Enchanted Bow slung over your back (+15 Bonus to Archery) 

A tattered backpack containing: 
- a lockpick set 
- a cracked lantern 
- a waterskin 
- flint and steel 
- a hammer and a few iron spikes 
- a flask of holy water 
- torn sleeping roll 
- a thief harness for hands-free climbing 
- a children's book from Zusak's quarters 
- the Grand Tournament Champion trophy 

You are wearing: 
- your badly torn and ragged clothes 
- the Circlet of Daria rests upon your head 
- the Cape of Shadows over your back(+20 Bonus to Stealth) 
- the bone Necklace of Nature around your neck (+20 Bonus to Nature) 
- the Gem of Seeing in your pocket (+20 Bonus to Perception) 
- the Cloak of Spiders over your shoulders and down your back 
- Thuja's Belt of Speed around your waist 
- your family signet ring (+3 Bonus to All) 
- the Boots of Travel on your feet

I can’t get the game yet, so I was wondering.

I like the idea of the ward becoming a protector and future life companion of the MC’s child. Its nice thinking about the adventures they’ll have in the years to come, apparently becoming as famous as the MC themselves.

The Hero or Martyr endings fit well for the trilogy to be a prequel to Life of a Wizard.

The Villain or Failure endings seem suited for the trilogy to be a sequel to LoaW. Although its always possible the MC’s child grew up to save Daria from Zusak if the MC failed, thus restoring Daria to the demon-free version seen in LoaW.

Who else felt sad in the Martyr ending where the MC see’s their dead parents for the last time before being dragged to the Lucidverse equivalent of Hell? It was tragic really, I felt like trying to reach out to them, mentally reduced back to the child who must have been traumatized from witnessing their parent’s assassination all those years ago.

And it turns out both King Brandon and Queen Jade were both good people and (reasonably) good rulers, even being together forever in the afterlife. There’s a certain level of tragedy to the MC’s story in that regard, even if they became Evil perhaps it could have turned out differently had Zusak not assassinated their parents.

1 Like

Depending on the backstory I have in mind for a character, I usually ‘explain’ them following an ‘evil’ path more as willing to do whatever it takes to get vengeance on the one who caused her pain, and try to make sure others don’t suffer for it.

And if she is damned for it (dying in game) then it was a price worth paying. If nothing else, she might then try to lead a rebellion against the underworld…after all, even gods and goddesses can fall and die.

1 Like

Played as a Vampire (leveled up version) and a necromancer at the same time and I (SPOILERS) used vampirism to turn my companions. It did mention this at the end. Was very entertaining to say the least

1 Like

Technically you could kill the red companion. And later on use necromancy to bring them back. Although they aren’t fully there

I’m pretty sure you can only get the directions if you try to get food via Brightwater after the siege of Ludd.

@Dark_Stalker
What sword are you guys even talking about?

@Harian
Wanderer ending is hard, you have to lose the second battle of Brightwater. Also, you do know that if you are sufficiently Good you go with your parents to the good afterlife.

@Sylfaen
For anyone else who is looking for more NPC romances, add Poppy x Jace to the list. Not sure if it also goes for Syndie, but it should go if you have Poppy/Jess or any other variation of genders.