The Lost Heir Trilogy

So I checked my Dropbox today, and it has officially crapped out.

Many thanks to @dashingdon for his wonderful service: Dashingdon: Free ChoiceScript Game Hosting - #128 by dashingdon

I made an account and had my game running within seconds. It has a Private setting, so I can keep my beta restricted, as I like to do.

For those curious, here is how I run my Beta Tests:

1. It’s open to everyone. When Beta starts, I will post a thread in the forums asking people to email me. I’ll post a link here too, to get your attention. You email me, I email you the link to the game. You send all bugs/suggestions to the email. Once you join the beta, I hope that you continue to send me things as I refine/update the game.

2. It’s in waves. I’ll ask that only those with time to respond in the first few days request access. I’ll invite about 10 people. Once the bugs/suggestions stop coming and I’m caught up, I’ll invite more. This gives me fresh eyes, instead of 100 people spotting the same errors. :slight_smile: I’ll continue doing this until everyone who wishes to help me has been invited.

3. I encourage people to play with a document open. A quoted piece of text around the error or place for suggestion helps me find it. I don’t like screenshots, forum mail or forum-use for bugs. Text sent to my email address is best.

4. I’ll update the files frequently, giving each a version number. Although this breaks any games running when I update, it’s best to be playing with the most recent files instead of reporting errors I have already fixed.

5. Once everyone who wishes to help has been invited and the feedback stops flowing, I’ll end the beta test, however long that takes.

That’s it! My best guess is that Beta is still a month away.

11 Likes