The Lost Heir Trilogy

A certain level of Religion is required to become a Necromancer.The Priest class will help out with this.

The bonus in Magic is also nice,seeing as its the most versatile Skill in the game.

1 Like

Fair enough (Priest also reduces the Magic requirement.)

Iā€™m seeing if I can get the Religion needed as a straight wizard. Doing this with Petra as your companion is trivial, of course.

Actually,itā€™s the opposite:she is essential to this build.

If I donā€™t have her,I canā€™t accompany her on her quest to avenge her parents.If I canā€™t get the quest,I wonā€™t meet the vampire.If I donā€™t meet the vampire,I wonā€™t get bit,hence locking me out of the Vampire Lord class.

I know that - but having Petra along also means that getting the necessary Religion is easy even if youā€™re not a priest.

Yeah,Petra does make it a lot easier to get Religion.

So,do you have any recommendations for the starting item? Iā€™m leaning towards either the spellbook or the lute.

Spellbook, so you can start practicing magic immediately (and so you donā€™t have to buy one later).

I see.

If it doesnā€™t bother you,could you also give the choice to pick with the servants,with Petra and your favorite subjects?

Here, lots of options. If youā€™re going Thief-Priest-Wiz, then Agility, Arcana, Charm+Perception is a good combination.

(Iā€™m doing a two-wizard version of this now, and I went Agility, Nature, Academics.)

So anyone who chose Gale is immediately locked out of it? Iā€¦Donā€™t know if I like that. That means I canā€™t have the ā€œultimateā€ built Iā€™ve been envisioning.

Damn. That sucks.

Is there no other way, @Lucid?

If you talking about vampire classā€¦ itā€™s not just about Gale. Everyone, who didnā€™t go WITH Petra at the end of first game locked out of itā€¦ if Lucid didnā€™t gave another opportunity to get vampire bite at the beginning of third game.
ā€“addedā€“
Oups, looks like question about another opportunity was answered just in time below)

The vampirism occurred in the past. There wonā€™t be another opportunity to get infected. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wellā€¦That bites. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheat, itā€™s the answer to lifeā€¦ along with 42

5 Likes

Ah, blast it! Iā€™ll still play the Vampire Lord route, but itā€™s too bad he wonā€™t be my ā€œmain.ā€

Oh well. Necromancy is good enough. Iā€™m going to suffocate Zusak with a spell, then raise him from the dead and kill him again. Iā€™ll repeat this process at least 42 times, since that is indeed the answer to everything. :joy::japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

@Voldy Hereā€™s a little tidbit thatā€™ll possibly raise your spirits after the whole fiasco with the Vampire Lord:

In LH3, thereā€™s going to be a new prestige class called the Shadow Weaver.Itā€™s basically a prestige class for the Theif/Mage build, which Iā€™m assuming is what youā€™re going for. And unlike the Vampire Lord with its stingy requirements, the Shadow Weaver only requires you to have the Cloak Of Shadows.

So you can either be a Vampire Lord Necromancer or a Shadow Weaver Necromancer.At the end of the day,they both sound badass.

5 Likes

How do you know the requirements?

I remeber someone who was on the beta test posted it somewhere.

I finished LH2 being a Sage 2/Priest 1/Knight 1. Will there be a way to become a Paladin in LH3?

Impossible, you need a level in cleric. And thereā€™s only one training session in part 3.

1 Like

So Iā€™m going to need the opinion of you guys.

Which ā€˜personal questā€™ has the most useful reward?

• Peter/Petra
  • Gill/Gale
  • Karl/Karla
  • Theo/Thea
  • Jace/Jess

0 voters

3 Likes