The Lost Heir Trilogy

@Lucid give me a shout if you need me to make a debug mode real fast

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am just wondering if there is some form of guide or something for these games. It may be my ineptitude but I find the lost heir games harder to complete well than any other IF game :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I am struggling with both games but far more so the second. Additionally a more specific question , how the hell do you get the 70 good to heal Suna back in emvale?

2 Likes

Wow, you really are struggling if you canā€™t get 70 good for Suno/Suna.

@EmperorHeartless has a guide.You could go ask him to PM it to you if you want.

2 Likes

Wait how do we even get a dragon??? :astonished::astonished:

1 Like

Get 60 Arcana,History and Geography as well as a high relationship with Lord Tovor.

He will then show you a map which your character will study and say that they found a dragon.

Travel to said cave at your break in Ludd,and thatā€™s it.

3 Likes

Oh excellent, thanks buddy

@EmperorHeartless can you show me this guide please? I am pretty bad at this game

Try the polls: The Lost Heir Trilogy Poll :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Poll was not working for me so I answered manually.

For the multi choice ones you need to select vote now to complete.

1 Like

Zusakā€™s Demon Lord theory:

So I get the picture that demons reside within another plane of existence.

Similar to in Life of a Wizard where the MC had to deal with an entity called the ā€˜Fire Lordā€™ that seemed to rule the plane of fire. Theoretically this could imply the possibility that elemental magic is drawn from such extra-dimensional sources, there could even be planes of earth, air, water, etc - each with its own strange inhabitants.

I donā€™t think LoaW explicitly confirmed that the Fire Lord residing within was a demon, as heā€™s simply described as standing at 10 feet and being continuously engulfed in flames. This could suggest that he possessed an otherwise humanoid appearance and might not have been a demon at all.

If demons hail from their own individual plane of existence then they could similarly be ruled by a ā€˜Demon Lordā€™.

Demon-stones either forcefully summon their respective demons through the veil separating the physical world from the demon realm or they actually contain an imprisoned demon inside them (iā€™m more inclined to believe the former but this is just personal speculation). The nature of demon-summoning appears to suggest that names hold a special power with demons - knowing a demonā€™s name can allow you to summon it through a specific demon-stone and with a sufficiently strong willpower one can control them.

Zusak is presumably a master demon-summoner - maybe the demon he summons at the end of LH2 is a high-ranking demon (possibly even the leader, if demons actually have some kind of social hierarchy) - and control over a possible demon leader would grant him control of the demon army invading Daria.

It does look like that Zusak is playing puppet master, allowing demons to rule and overthrow a portion of humanity while he rules from behind the scenes, technically the most powerful individual in the land. Maybe he feels being a publicly known leader is more trouble than its worth so he rules in secret?

(Or maybe he will reveal his power over demons to the rest of Daria and establish a cult of personality.)

His endgame is still a puzzle - its not like heā€™s immortal and will rule through demons forever - could he actually intend for Daria to fall into complete chaos and disrepair after his death? Surely he has some long-term plan ahead.

Zusak probably could have still summoned such an especially powerful demon within the Consortium under the previous King and Queenā€™s rule - but he wanted others outside the Consortium to summon demons with free reign to bring in as many demons as possible.

More demons meant more minions on a nationwide scale to be controlled by this hypothetical ā€˜Demon Lordā€™ (one demon to rule them all) that he himself would control. That meant lifting the prohibition of demon-summoning outside the Consortium and having it open to general populace.

He tried to have this done by diplomatic means at first during his visit to the royal court but as we all know that didnā€™t work out successfully - so maybe the assassination was Plan-B, maybe his attack on the royal family wasnā€™t personal but simply a means to an end when talks failed.

Then again if the breakup of Daria into smaller duchies was always part of his plan that would indicate that he had always planned to eliminate the royal family. Then maybe he knew talks for unrestricted demon-summoning would fail but he did so anyway because it granted him and his co-conspirators personal access to the royal family, ensuring their assassination.

A united Daria would probably have a better chance repelling the Demon invasion but we know that each of Zusakā€™s co-conspirators were awarded leadership positions within each duchy. Surely they wouldnā€™t want to have their power and lands usurped by demons - so why did they help Zusak?

a). Zusak deceived them of his true intentions and they only allied with him because they wanted more power and genuinely thought restrictive demon-summoning was holding back potential knowledge and progress.

b). But I recall Thuja used himself as a human shield to protect Zusak from a elemental bolt fired by the MC. But what was his co-conspirators interest in keeping Zusak alive now that they controlled their own territories and made their own laws regarding demon-summoning? They couldnā€™t possibly support the idea of demons ruling over humans. Might just have been Thujaā€™s own personal loyalty to Zusak or it could have been done to protect the next phase of Zusakā€™s grand plan that his co-conspirators are aware of.

If so then maybe Zusak isnā€™t planning on overthrowing humanity and ruling them through a Demon Lord, maybe heā€™s planning something else that his co-conspirators approve of despite their already privileged positions that could be put in jeopardy.

Maybe its closer co-operation between humans and demons (kept under control by the demon lord controlled by Zusak) what they all want, we do know that magical creatures such as elves, dwarves, orcs, halflings etc left the human world at some point between LoaW and LH1 (and did so for a duration of time long enough for the MC to be skeptical of their existence).

Maybe Zusak and his followers want to reestablish some version of Daria that existed during the time of LoaW (when humans and magical creatures lived in the same physical world) but demons appear troublesome by nature so they are most likely tools to facilitate whatever Zusak plans next.

Maybe their overwhelming presence in the mortal world will trigger some mystical event yet to be disclosed. However from all build-up regarding Zusakā€™s actions and the effects of demon-summoning throughout LH1 and LH2 it is certain that Zusak intentionally divided the leadership of Daria and is now in control of a high ranking demon that might possibly hold an unknown degree of influence over lesser demons.

What do you guys think - is Zusak using demons as the ultimate power-grab to rule from the shadows or is he trying to bring about some world changing event that he genuinely believes is for the best?

2 Likes

Are LH and LoaW connected?

1 Like

Itā€™s vague, Lucid wanted to hint at it during the LH1 beta stage, but decided against it as it went on. It can go both ways, as while the settings are similar, there are details that donā€™t add up.

2 Likes

In LoaW your MC resided within the Kingdom of Daria, in LH your MC is the heir to the same Kingdom of Daria. Both games feature the Academy of Mages, both academies are headed by an archmage.

Thereā€™s a scene in LH2 which makes reference to a coven of necromancers having once secretly operated in the academy (though , which actually happened in LoaW if you chose to study Necromancy.

This would either suggest that TLH takes place half a century after LoaW, or the coven of necromancers themselves were expelled from the academy 50 years before the start of TLH but continued to exist for an undisclosed period of time after LoaW which didnā€™t mention eradicating the coven of necromancers.

Soulburners and demon-summoning, the Somreth and the Consortium however seem to be original to TLH. It is strange that the MC from LoaW knew neither about the ancient Somreth nor about demon-summoning (well technically summoning of magical creatures could still be done but there was no mention of demon-stones). Soulburners seem rare as Jess/Jace is the only one encountered so that explains why there werenā€™t seen or mentioned in LoaW.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s fair to say that LOAW and LH have the same setting. As to the order? I think itā€™s fun to keep it vague. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@Lucid So, what is the technicality reason behind why we wonā€™t have access to our saves during beta stage?
On an unrelated note, do you still plan to release a beginning +10 stat boost dlc for LH1? I am sure many people like myself would pay for it as long as itā€™s under 2 USDs.

I sincerely hope Lucid decides to go back and add that option once LH3 is out.

The technical reason is that CoG runs the saves and hosts them all on their site. In order to gain access to the saves, they would need to run the Beta and run it through their servers.

I plan to run the beta through my Dropbox, so that I can make updates as needed. There will be a lot of errors in the first weeks, so Iā€™ll be updating it a lot.

Near the end of the beta, Iā€™ll speak to CoG and get them to host it. That will mean that Beta Testers will have to have it purchased through the site. Since CoG will give Site Access to any game purchased and with a receipt shown, it might not be too bad. But, itā€™ll add several layers of confusion, for sure. :slight_smile:

In summary, Iā€™ll let everyone beta test LH3 (with my deepest thanks!), but a smaller number of testers will be given access to the saves during the end of the beta to fully test it. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

It sounds like the testing will be fun :grin:
Will the lost hier 3 have a special extra thing for people who play it after using their tlh2 save? Since in tlh2 if you continued from tlh1 with a relationship quest you could get some good stat bonuses.
And I imagine having a soulburning baby will be hard :blush:

2 Likes