The Lost Heir Trilogy

That sounds like a cool concept, this game is going to be great, I wonder what’s up with your child in the game​:baby::baby::baby::baby:

The dream walker sounds like a good concept, but you would need to establish a decent amount of lore of the dream land. Reminds me a bit of The Fade from the DA games, although without the demons… unless?? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

The dreamwalker can act like a traveler in the Amber series as well. Several different takes on it - even the WiP by @Dolphinzgirl does a unique take on a dreamwalker (although hers is the villain)

What exactly can a Dreamwalker do?

1 Like

I have a lot of ideas. There are a lot of different concepts. I liked how Robert Jordan did it in Wheel of Time and many others.

I’ll file it away for now while I finish LH3, but maybe that will be my next game. :slight_smile:

For now, Dreamwalker has officially been deleted from the game. It’s just too different too do properly.

Progress is going extremely well and the other new classes have fit in great. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Outstanding. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

LH2 Spoilers here, thanks @EmperorHeartless for reminding me that few may not have yet played LH2. :slight_smile:

I never did thank @Crax for this statement. :slight_smile: To be honest, I wasn’t thinking this until I heard it mentioned here. This was the inspiration for the Red Companion storyline. So if anyone ever wonders if stray comments in a WIP get heard, here’s your proof, they sure do! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So, @Crax is why [spoiler]I had to put my companion down.

…I have words for you, sirrah.

Fair play, though. That was a kick in the gut.[/spoiler]

1 Like

Might want to spoiler tag. Not everyone has read TLH 2 yet (if you haven’t than you should…)

4 Likes

@Lucid In LH3, do you plan to address the unfinished companion sidequests. I think the MC should have a chance to reassure his companions that he will help them fulfill their life goals or talk them out of it. Both could play out different result in the ending scene.
By the way, how do you plan to end the trilogy in a successful playthroughs?

1 Like

Companion side quests will continue, but if they were neglected in LH2, they won’t. You had to make a hard decision on which to follow.

The endings of the trilogy are top secret. :slight_smile: But yes, there will be multiple endings and some will be better than others. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, that’s a shame. I was hoping in my successful vampire lord playthrough ending I would be arranging my daughter to be married with the first son of Chief Theo as an assurance of a permanent alliance with the Norgans.

3 Likes

Do you think The Lost Heir might be Lucid’s final game set in the world of Daria?
(in my mind or head-canon, Life of a Wizard, TLH and even Life of a Mobster all take place in the same continuity, all make references to ‘Daria’)

But since LH3 will have multiple endings that could mean too many potential fates for the land of Daria to be tied into a singular new narrative in another game after LH3 concludes.

It could theoretically be revisited in a prequel set during the time of the Somreth (really curious to learn more about them) and their influence on what was presumably ancient Daria.

There’s also the desert empire of Jilal briefly featured in Life of a Wizard that I don’t see any mention of in TLH, which makes me wonder if it still exists or if it dissolved into smaller states.

I’ve really enjoyed experiencing the mythologies shared in the world of LoaW and TLH, this current series is proving to be my favorite interactive novel/game ever.

7 Likes

There could also be a significant future leap. Where the past Kingdoms no longer matter because nothing can overcome the flow of time.

6 Likes

I’m 90% positive @Lucid’s trilogy is actually a decadology with both a 3 part prequel and a 3 part sequel as well.

Also he has at least 10 other independent projects brewing as well - all of which will be top sellers and his fans will want at least two additional installments of Life of a Mobster … you’ll see :rose:

7 Likes

Aaaand now I’m jealous of your secret knowledge. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

A three part prequel with a three part sequel? Like Star Wars?

4 Likes

You’re mistaken. There are only four Star Wars movies.

2 Likes

Wait - isn’t a decadology a series of 10?

A series of 3 is a trilogy. A series of 6 is considered a saga. A series of 9 is apparently called a ‘ennealogy’. If TLH trilogy is canon to Life of a Wizard, that would make them collectively a quadrilogy of 4.

If Life of a Mobster is also canon in the same world then that would make a pentalogy. And if Paradox Factor takes place in a post-modern future in the same world - then all of Lucid’s games so far would be a Hexalogy.

7 Likes

Are we allowed to post our character builds here? Or does that count as clutter?

Cuz,I don’t want to sound like some egotistical asswipe,but I personally think that I have made the best character of all time.

1 Like