The Lost Heir Trilogy

Not even sorry.

6 Likes

Would Weapon Master be possible as a prestige class? Like say the requirements are heal Suno/Suna the recruit the Weapon Masters then something happens in the 3rd game.

2 Likes

How do you think the series will end?

LH2 ended with what looked like the start of the Demon War - which is presumably with what LH3 will begin with. Its outcome will probably determine the status of demons and demon summoning within the realm of Daria.

I do wonder if weā€™ll learn more about demons (their origins, their nature, etc) and if demons exist then do angels also exist? (think about it: Angel-Summoning) :innocent:

Any speculations as to Zusakā€™s intentions? Assassinating the MCā€™s parents was probably done out of strategic necessity since they were the law and opposed demon-summoning.

Zusak had the opportunity to take over the government of Daria but apparently chose to let it break apart and be ruled by his co-conspirators. So is he not your stereotypical power hungry bad guy?

The ending to LH2 seemed to indicate he wanted the Demon War to happen, but it doesnā€™t look like he wants demons to take over given how he commanded the demon he summoned at the end to protect him.

So if he still wants to control demons will he be able to control the demons invading Daria or will he let them ravage out of control? But what does he stand to gain from the inevitable chaos? To rule over Daria through the proxy of demons?

5 Likes

i think he is a typical power hungry villainā€¦ he just prefers a kingdom of demons that he has absolute control over than a kingdom of humans that could rise up/plot against him or whatnotā€¦ or maybe thru the chaos, heā€™s dreaming of ascension like the fallen primarchs of warhammer 40kā€¦
also regarding the demons, iā€™m sort of comparing them to the demons/spirits of dragon age universe, where not all are bad and some just want to escape thru the veil and explore/see the human worldā€¦ so we may see more types of demons in LH3 that may be ā€œgoodā€ but the wielders use them otherwiseā€¦ iā€™m more interested in the gods in this world like lucien and what they really areā€¦

I wonder if he actually has a long term plan for retaining control if power is indeed what heā€™s after. Out of control demons are bad news as evidenced through the irresponsible use of demon summoning and its doubtful that Zusak is aiming for the decimation of Daria if he wishes to rule it. Maybe he will find a way to control the demons or maybeā€¦

Or maybe he wants to sever the barrier between the mortal realm and the demon world (like Unalaq from Legend of Korra). Maybe its not necessarily about power but more to do with an ideology that demons and humans should co-exist and freely enter each otherā€™s worlds?

1 Like

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Can the mind of a demon be comprehended by a human?

Beings from another plane are totally foreign so it would beg the point that their minds do not work the same as ours in reasoning or satisfying needs.

Just saying.

I am loving this. :slight_smile: I know all the answers, and you will too, after LH3. :slight_smile:

Writing is going very well. I am about 1/3 of the way through the plot and currently coding/writing about the class specific upgrades. Iā€™ve advanced the 10 prestige classes and written 1 new one. I still have 13 classes to do and then the other new prestige classes, perhaps another 10?

There will be more to add into what Iā€™ve already done as well.

That puts me around the 70k mark, so it will likely be around the the same size as LH2, which was around the 240k mark or so. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Would you be kind enough to let us know what made the final cut, class wise, or do you want that to remain a surprise?

Nothing is final. :slight_smile: Iā€™ve only made 2 new ones so far. I may share later, but not just yet. I have to write the rest, then do some plot to see how itā€™s working, then Iā€™ll have a better idea.

1 Like

Fair enough. Nothing else, weā€™ll be able to see when the game comes out.

Okay, Iā€™ll spill the beans. I canā€™t say no to you guys. :slight_smile: This list is tentative and may change, but this is what Iā€™ve got so far. I wonā€™t be discussing requirements in detail, because they too will change.

In addition to the New Prestige classes, all of the other classes will advance too. Itā€™s a lot of work, but I think it gives the story a whole new feel each time you play it as something else.

4 Background: Monk, Bard, Knight, Assassin
9 Other: Wizard, Thief, Priest, Cleric, Ranger, Druid, Thug, Guard, Sage
10 Prestige Classes: Arcane Tattooist, War Master, Dragonrider, Necromancer, Paladin, Dark Knight, Seer, Alchemist, Elemental Archer, Blademaster
14 New Prestige Classes: Demon Master, Dream Walker, Vampire Lord, Berserker, Catalyst, Mimic, Tycoon, Fate Manipulator, Shadow Weaver, Dragon Knight, Rune Warrior, Artificer, Druid of Decay, Siren
37 Total

17 Likes

Well, I have to admit Iā€™m looking forward to this. Any chance we can poke for insights on how one locks in the new prestige classes? :smiley:

Edit: apparently Iā€™m dense and missed the line about the reqs. Hopefully insights is vague enough! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And now Iā€™m even MORE impatient with the release of LH3.

Good job,Lucid.Proud of you.

1 Like

Okay, I must say, out of all those new prestige classes itā€™s the ā€˜Sirenā€™ one that makes me raise my eyebrow :laughing: .

1 Like

Siren: A honey-tongued, magical persuader. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alternatively: an alluring mythological beastie thst dashes sailors on the rocks.

ā€¦I was kind of hoping thatā€™s where youā€™d go with this. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sounds nice :slight_smile: . Could fit the bard especially well, enabling him/her to further spellbind his/her audience :grin: .

1 Like

Is siren a gender specific prestige class? Also, I am curious what is a catalyst and a mimic?
In addition, what is the point to have a fate manipulator when we already have the chance to see the future as a seer, and having already manipulated odds and fates in our favors through countless playthroughs?

Edit: In terms of siren, I suggest a male alternative name should be in place.

1 Like

What is Dark Knight and Paladin, Iā€™ve never seen that before.