The Lost Heir Trilogy

i hope you have cruel twists for other companions too but i wonder what could possibly top petra becoming a vamp… i mean what could you do to jess?.. make her cumari’s successor as head of the academy?.. haha…

Honestly, I’d kinda like to see Jess find a way to lose soulburning and be stuck with conventional magecraft. Can’t think of a worse outcome for her.

[quote=“Lucid, post:2325, topic:2514, full:true”]
I am toying with many ways to pass things on to the companions. PeterPetra being made into a vamp is a nice twist on that story. We’ll see.[/quote]

Or semi-vampire. Or Demi-vampire. Whichever you call whatever the main character ended up as in the evil outcomes of the encounter with said vampire. Either way, I for one certainly think it an interesting and ironic twist in that particular part of the story indeed :+1:

Perhaps a Vampire PC turns his/her companions into vampires too… Creating a Vampire lair. Daria is replaced by demon tyranny by vampire tyranny!

I want make my lover and companions followers of my evil goddess Shadi. And do human sacrifices and create a vampiric empire…

The reason I choose to single out Dragon Paladin/Dark Knight is because the Dragon could be further empowered through divine magic, much like the holy horse in the case of paladin.
Also an Artifact Master does seem to tie in with the Karl/a sidequest perfectly, should require high knowledge stats, perception and some magic. And will enable the MC to craft a few artifacts, including the ones we missed from before and a few brand new ones.

Can we get a Lord High Chancellor class if we have all our stats equal to each other? Oops, wrong game :wink:

How about a Hypnotist or something? An extension of the bard that can control people, animals, etc through music? Not just the enemy or to bolster morale but also to control the MC’s army directly, like a hivemind, and orchestrate their actions perfectly (see what I did there?). It could be dependent of Bard and Wizard/Druid levels

Hmm…don’t know if this is original or not but:
Cardist
Enchant regular playing cards with ki and throws them out at incredible velocity,capable of harming someone/somedemon.
Prerequisites:
Monk(must go to the Eye of Heaven)
Charm:65(for gambling(?)and betting on something,eg: a round of blackjack with merchandiser for a set ofdecent armor)
Agility:80
Strength:60
Devices:30(this might have to do with sleight of hand)

Higher levels:
Cardmage
Able to seal a small portion of energy in a card(eg:Zon’ch’s cyclone)and unleashes them at will.
All of the above
Over 50 magic
Over 70 arcana
Edit:formatting

1 Like

So a class that makes us a little bit like Gambit, sounds cool to me

1 Like

Thinking about some more options that build on the existing classes-

Monk- Elemental monk for an Avatar like deal, or take inspiration from the animal inspired nature of several martial arts and make a totemic warrior- depending on the animal chosen perhaps they can fly like an eagle, pounce like a tiger, weave webs like a spider, that sort of thing.

Bard- The Dirge, who can summon the souls of the dead to fight for him through song, or the Musical Assassin, who can literally kill or maim with a song

Knight- Juggernaut, someone who uses their vast strength and endurance to put up with the burden of being heavily heavily heavily armored, so they can just outlast their opponents after tanking their attacks.

Assassin- The Infused, someone who has altered their own body so that they are a factory of poisons, able to kill with a touch or with a breath, or the Souleater, who consumes the souls of all he kills to enhance himself.

Wizard- A runic enchanter who can make temporary magic items, or a truenamer who can control people and things, perhaps even turn one thing into another.

Druid- Dark druid, someone who embraces that life and death are part of a cycle, making them masters of the rotting and the vile. Plagues and zombie bears for the win. Urban druid- People are animals, and cities are just another form of jungle, they can feel the cities through the souls of their feet, and the cities feel them too.

About the golemist, if golem armor for pseudo-mecha character doesn’t appeal, well who says that a golem has to be humanoid in shape? How about a golem horse or golem elephant to join the ranks of epic mounts?

Or perhaps the MC could lose an arm and build themselves a golem arm for an Army of Darkness like effect? Although I guess fireballs will have to substitute for a boomstick. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes in my Blades and Endurance based walkthroughs I picture my MC as Guts from Berserk.

I do wonder if the Demon War will have a darker or more intense tone than the previous two installments.

1 Like

A Hypnotist, or some other mind affecting class, perhaps.

The Gambit class would be interesting, but probably too much like Gambit. :slight_smile:

Dark Druid would be cool. Corrupter, or something. :slight_smile: The magic system is unexplained, so many types would feel the same, ie truenamer, rune enchanter (like the Artificer, perhaps), etc.

Upgraded Assassin, Knight, Bard with dirge, monk, etc… all great things, and will likely be explored in various ways, since all classes will get to go up one more.

3 Likes

I don’t like bard using songs like killing. I role playing as a bard most of times. And that could kill any enjoy of being a bard if I want using magic I woul go for a magician instead a bard. Emotional strength is what bards use NOT MANA THAT’S WHY IS CHARISMA BASED NOT MAGIC . The only way i could kill someone while singing is that I lute them to death in the head like a rock star. An Hybrid illusionist bard performance could have more sense and use some magic tricks to make that a fake army appeared for the enemy where is nothing or heard imaginary monsters in the night stuff like that

2 Likes

Well, Mara, what if your pipes were so powerful, you went full on Banshee on them? :smiley:

2 Likes

No if I wanted fully banshee I would read Asterix lol The bard was so bad … No human voice could kill people. voice or instruments doesn’t work like that it could cause mental pain used by other companions. A bard is a supporting role profession

3 Likes

Any a u guys know how to get the companions to tell me where to go at the end of tlh. Is there a percent i gotta get them at?

80 relation with most, 70 with Jace/Jess. Talk with them during your stay back home.

1 Like

Mara, hate to break it to you, but bards already use magic, a bard playthrough increases your magic trait twice in the first game alone, so no, bards aren’t limited by whats humanly possible.

1 Like

Ohhh :sob: I don’t want to be a bard anymore!

2 Likes

Different type of magic though. :slight_smile:

6 Likes