The Lost Heir Trilogy

And an enemy who controls what is likely one of the most powerful demons there is (who can also summon whole armies of demons, apparently) isn’t? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve got an idea for a prestige class, though it may be kinda too OP: Fate Manipulator. The Fate Manipulator would in essence be a small-scale reality warper who can alter events and the like to bring about a more favorable outcome to him/herself. The drawback is that it cannot be used too often, as the laws and/or fabric of reality - or the gods or whatever - do not allow for the power to be used too often or too casually, meaning the times a Fate Manipulator can make use of this power are limited and thus should be treated as and made with about as much consideration as you’d put in the three wishes you get from a genie. In addition, the more people the event the Fate Manipulator is trying to affect involves, the less likely it is to work out in his/her favor, for while it is one thing for reality to allow for the Fate Manipulator to make it so that not a single arrow in a hail of arrows will hit him/her, it’s MUCH harder to make it allow for it to be so that the same hail of arrows won’t hit a single one in a group/crowd of people…

2 Likes

Fate Manipulator sounds very similar to the Luck Master. I like it, we’ll see. Reminds me of the third book of The Magicians when Quentin’s trying to get hired on for that job and has to cheat at cards by manipulating odds. :slight_smile:

Not familiar with that one, alas :sweat_smile: . Though your example does remind me of one of Raymond E. Feist’s books, the one where Macros the Black and Nakor mention they meet once, played cards with each other… And ended up using magic to cheat against each other :laughing:

1 Like

The Riftwar Saga is probably my favourite series of all time. :slight_smile:

Some combination of Fate/Odds/Luck Manipulator may make a good class. I have a long list, so I may have to do some trimming, but it’s on there.

1 Like

Don’t we already have Odd/luck/fate manipulaters? It’s called veteran players.

3 Likes

Also in the case of vampire lord and the Everchosen equivalent, it might be best for the MC to have a chance to share their currupt powers with their companions, especially the romantic partner which can be singled out. Currupting Petra/Peter should be an achievement on its own.

1 Like

[quote=“Lucid, post:2310, topic:2514, full:true”]
The Riftwar Saga is probably my favourite series of all time. :slight_smile: [/quote]

:grinning:

[quote=“Lucid, post:2310, topic:2514, full:true”]
Some combination of Fate/Odds/Luck Manipulator may make a good class. I have a long list, so I may have to do some trimming, but it’s on there.[/quote]

Looking forward to the final result :slight_smile:

Lol… In a fashion, certainly, but that wasn’t quite what we had in mind :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’d still enjoy the deepening of the Dark Paladin(knight) into a multilayered Illrigger the best. I guess sometimes all the fancy things people come up with seem too complicated to really enjoy.

The only other D&D class that ever captured my imagination the same way was the “Acrobat” … an assassin with the agility of Mercury and the hunting skills of Artemis. Preferably with the strategic brains of Athena and the tactical genius of Apollo.

See, simple.

@Lucid Additional suggestions for prestige classes:
The Celestial Rider: essentially the combination of paladin and dragon rider;
The Black Wing: the combination of Dark Kight and Dragon rider.
The Great Champion: Require Theo/a to be the chief, can be gained after establishing a permanent alliance/union with the Norgans and have strong physical stats and combat skill. To fully embrace the ways of the Norgan Warriors and gain their absolute respect and loyalty.
The Blood Warrior: Require Jess/Jace to fully unlock their power and absolute loyalty. Since the MC can’t use soul burning, maybe Jess would be willing to steal souls to directly empower the MC. Needless to say this will be an evil route and can result in great sacrifice if not treat lightly.
We may also need to give Karl/a some crucial role to maintain their equal relevance when compared with the other companions. I have no idea what to do with Bran, any ideas?

1 Like

@Lucid, @TheDrake An idea for Bran/Brin: Court Cavalier, combining knigtly prowress with high social skills and a good standing with the establishment?

and petra’s just ignored because we already have the paladin?.. right… tsk2x…

What about a Holy Knight yall come up the stats for this

Edit: had this been said already

i think the paladin fills that role already…

Okay I be thinking of something else

How about Void magic

Actually Lucid is already adding a Petra/Peter related prestige class: Vampire Lord. Thus no need for extra suggestions.

i know that but seems like all the “companion specific” classes you suggested were all on their good side (sorry i can’t find the words i really wanted to say), while petra’s “vampire lord” is against her character… @Lucid, how about a crusader class or grand master (of the paladins) class for being max friends/loyalty for petra and the upgrade for the paladin class, maybe even get the chance to establish our own holy order… or… a vampire hunter maybe?..

How about, as a class for having Karla’s Infinity Arrow quest, the PC can become inspired to become something of a magical item creator? It can come with a unique magic item or two (that maybe they choose from a short list with skill requirements for certain items?) that they made themselves, and an increased bonus from magical items they already own, due to their increased knowledge and facility with magical items?

1 Like

I am toying with many ways to pass things on to the companions. PeterPetra being made into a vamp is a nice twist on that story. We’ll see.

Celestial Rider and Black Wing are both spins on the Dragon Knight. I have to be careful. Every class, with a dragon, would be kind of cool. :slight_smile:

Norgan Warrior would make a good achievement. Blood Warrior sounds interesting.

Crusader might be covered. Establishing your own holy order, perhaps.

Don’t worry, I have plans for PeterPetra.

@StarcraftJunkie An Artificer, I’ll think on that. Might be too open, but maybe. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Perhaps this is a spin on the Crusader, but Knight Commander- founding a chivalric order. Might be a solid way to prestige those who went straight up Knights.