The Lost Heir Trilogy

I wonder if the MC’s child will ever get competitive or antagonistic towards the MC’s adopted child, granted the former is still an infant but there might or might not be a time-skip after the conclusion of the Demon War.

Also I think I found some in-game evidence to suggest that TLH is in fact a sequel to Life of a Wizard when Archmage Cumari said that ‘‘About 50 years ago, a coven of Necromancers were found working in the Academy.’’

There was a secret society of Necromancers at the Academy in Life of a Wizard, Cumari’s statement suggests they were caught half a century before the events of LH2 - therefore it seems unlikely that they reestablished themselves in the same institution where they were exposed, which means…

King Norbert from LoaW might be the MC’s ancestor - maybe their great grandfather and if Princess Emily was romanced and Prince Travis became King, then from that perspective the Lost Heir MC is a determinant decedent of the LoaW MC, or could be completely unrelated at all.

2 Likes

So I became a Blademaster on some of my saves at the end of LH2
Does that mean in LH3 I would be able to buy a second sword ?

Having no patience! Must play nooooow! (Thanks for an amazing story)

2 Likes

This is such an amazing trilogy! I daresay it might be my favorite Co/HG experience… the depth, the character, the -classes-, the variety… It’s seriously amazing, and I can’t stop trying to shape my saves 100% how I want for the 3rd, while sunken in meta… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Been completely entrusted to it all day for the past week, haha, glued on mobile… Thanks for the great game! :ok_hand::100::laughing::sparkles:

Anxiously looking forward for LH3’s release! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Hey, it’s against community guidelines to ask for release dates. So be aware of that in the future.

Also I think @Lucid said testing might start around December.

4 Likes

Oh,sorry.

Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Attention LH Players! I’m thinking about Prestige Classes. :slight_smile: As you know, your chosen classes open up lots of interesting options. There will be one ‘level up’ in the finale. All of the existing classes from LH1 and LH2 will expand, so that’s a long list. But, I’m also looking at adding a few more.

So my question is, what new classes would you like to see? They have to fit the fantasy genre and not be a duplicate of any existing classes. I have a few in mind already, but the list isn’t set in stone yet.

1 Like

It might help if you listed the existing classes so people will know what’s been done.

1 Like

Demigod.

Requirements:
-100 Religion (for obvious reasons)
-100 in three Abilities (the gods won’t let any simple mortal achieve godhood-they must have at least some variety of abilities)
-100 in three Skills(same reason with the Abilities)
-100 Good or 100 Evil(Good Gods Or Evil Gods)

OPTIONAL:100 Charm and 100 relationship with any one of your friends if you want to convince the gods to have them ascend to godhood with you.

Event: I think it should be like that moment before the dragon fight in The Life of A Wizard.You pray to a certain type of god and ask them to aid you in your battle.One of them will swoop down from the heavens (or emerge from the depths of hell) and judge you to see if you are worthy of their aid.

They’ll think you’re worthy and give you aid no matter what.However,if you meet the requirements above,they’ll give you an offer of becoming one of them.At this point,it’s up to you if you want to accept it or not. (You can also convince them to bless one of your friends with godhood as well).

It would also be nice if we had this special conversation that varied between each god.

Good God:My child,you have done deeds that no man can dream of.When you could have used opportunities to gain more power,you shunned the thought and used it to benefit the people of this world.When people look at you,hope glimmers in their eyes.Hope that one day,they will receive a kind and fair ruler of the lands.We welcome you with open arms,child.

Evil God:I have to admit,human,you have been interesting to watch.Although,after the deeds you’ve done…I don’t even know if you are human.Surely a human would feel guilt and remorse for the crimes they committed. They would roll up in a ball and cry,as they begged for forgiveness.But you…you’re different,aren’t you?You didn’t hesitate even once at the thought of committing these crimes.And hearing the screams of the innocent,as their lives perish before you puts a smile to your face,does it not? Come.Join us.Together,we can rule the world.

8 Likes

Arcane Knight - Think DAI. Knight with the abilities with a mage or a Mage with the abilities of a Knight. Perhaps even a runed sword or a sword created from magic that can break through any other sword or weapon.

Dragon Knight - Maybe an upgraded version of Dragonrider. Armor up your Dragon, and ride as a glorious Knight with a fully armored beast of destruction. If a dragon with armor ridden by one of the fiercest knights in the realm doesn’t inspire fear in the enemy and morale in your allies I don’t know what will

Grand Summoner - Haven’t really seen summoning get too much love, but remember how the wizard in LoAW could summon hundreds of demons. Maybe the MC can do the same, except summoning Kobolds, goblins, etc etc.

Witch Doctor - Basically the shamanistic version of a Cleric. Instead of using Holy powers a Witch Doctor would use herbs and nature magic.

Templar - Holy persecutor of heresy for the Church. While Paladin seems more like a defensive class, Templar would be the more offensive version. Probably inspire fear as well. Perhaps the name could be Inquisitor instead?

Giant Rider/Commander - Kratog makes his return! Command him to eat your foes! Perhaps gain the loyalty of his fellow giants :o Imagine a battle between an army of demons vs your army supported by several giants.

Beastmaster - An army of loyally trained war beasts at your command for your army, and the alpha of your warbeasts as a personal animal companion or mount.

Werewolf - I mean if we have Vampires, why not a werewolf. Can be a curse from an evil God/Goddess

Hero King - Like the tales of old. The Hero King who reunites their Kingdom through outstanding power and leadership. Will you join their prestigious ranks and be known as a Hero King?

9 Likes

Speaking of vampires, why not go all the way with them too? Some kind of vampire lord or something.

1 Like

4 Background: Monk, Bard, Knight, Assassin
9 Other: Wizard, Thief, Priest, Cleric, Ranger, Druid, Thug, Guard, Sage
10 Prestige Classes: Arcane Tattooist, Warmaster, Dragonrider, Necromancer, Paladin, Dark Knight, Seer, Alchemist, Elemental Archer, Blademaster
1 Demon Summoner
24 Total

Here are some that I am currently toying with:
Rune Knight (or Arcane Knight, perhaps)
Dragon Knight
Shadow Walker
Shadow Weaver
Battle Mage

I like the Demi-God idea, or something similar. But I have something similar in mind already, so I need to avoid that. I can’t tell you what it is. :slight_smile:

I like Summoner, Beastmaster and Witch Doctor.

Templar is pretty close to Cleric and Paladin, so I may avoid it. I see the difference, but religious warriors are well covered. :slight_smile:

Hero King/Queen needs something more specific. Werewolf, well, we have vampires, but… :slight_smile:

Giant Rider… only if we can rename Kratog to Hodor. :wink:

Hmmm, I like the idea of advancing the vampire and perhaps Mazrim’s potion as well. I could add more to those, if they were fully embraced as a class. :slight_smile:

Great stuff!

4 Likes

Something akin to StarCraft’s Dark Templars would be cool :open_mouth: (maybe that’s the Shadow Walker?)

What about a Banisher? Like, a hard-counter to Demon Summoners? Would that be too OP?

Some sort of Blood Mage, perhaps? A spellcaster than can strengthen their spells by leeching someone’s life force? That’s pretty close to being a fantasy staple.

I’m also tempted to suggest a “Grey Warden” (lol) type of character that can only be accessed with a 60/40 or a 55/45 Good/Evil split. Druids are meant to be “neutral” but my druid didn’t get any penalties by going above 100 Good :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Dark Templer is like the Dark Knight. :slight_smile:

Banished would be handy, but it would break the plot. :slight_smile:

Yes, I didn’t hold to the neutrality of a Druid in this game. Hmmm, I like some of the Grey Warden idea, but I’m not sure if it has it’s own niche.

Blood Mage sounds like my Soulburner, which is something you are born with. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mazrim’s potion would be a good way to segue into a berserker class. Perhaps there’s even a culture or order of berserkers out there and that’s where the potion originally came from. They use the potion in their rites/rituals/initiation/etc.

What’d I’d like to see is a prestige class that combines arcane and divine magic to create something greater than the sum of its parts.

I also think it’d be neat to see some variation of being a necromancer and vampire at the same time resulting in an ultimate master of undeath kind of thing. A you don’t just practice death magic, you’ve become undead yourself too, and that results in greater understanding and facility with necromancy too, kind of thing.

4 Likes

My 1 Priest, 2 Druid Dragonrider would definitely appreciate this class. Or perhaps, a character that has 1 Priest, 1 Wizard, 1 Druid would be able to use this class?

2 Likes

Berserker is a good idea. I actually wrote it down when I put down Vampire Lord. :slight_smile:

Mystic Theurge is the D&D arcane/divine magic user. Hmmmm, I like the concept, but not sure how it would play out or where it would be special. I’ll think on it.

Undead Master is interesting, but we have a Necromancer and possibly a Vamprie Lord too, so it may end up with too much crossover.

1 Like

We can meet Kratog’s brother. Hodor the giant :stuck_out_tongue:

Spelllsword. Basically the blademaster version of a Arcane Knight perhaps? The Blademaster dual training with magically enhanced swords. Or maybe something like I saw in Dynasty Warriors. One of the characters levitated several swords using magic, and used them to attack people. Think of the blade magic from Fable series, except the swords are perpetual and can be used to attack and defend.

1 Like

loving all these suggestions… hehe… i have nothing to contribute though, since i think way back, i have always suggested a rune knight (blade/magic knight) as a LH3 class… hehe… anyway, is an expanded arsenal out of the question?.. i mean some of these other classes could have their own signature weapon, ie. that beast master with dual axe/ a great axe?.. but if that adds too much work can i just request a shield item that when used adds like +1 strength?.. the magic shield was too expensive and too OP when used and added nothing to the stats… haha… a paladin/knight should atleast have shields… please… :slight_smile: i won’t bother with asking for more sword types since i guess using “sword” let’s the user imagine what type of sword he’s using (short,long, one and half, great) and adding sword mechanics is more work… maybe in the next games?.. :wink:

If Banisher is no good.How about a Demon Hunter,a class specialized in fighting againts demon the requirement can be a high History and Religion and maybe require Geography or Magic for searching a demon hunter descendant.

By the way will there be a prestige class for Unknown God follower or are they just another evil god.If you will how about an Avenger or a Medium,A vessel of God.

A Shapeshifter might be interesting for the requirement maybe a combination of druid and wizard or druid and ranger.

It might sound weird but how about a Ninja,a class specialized in unarmed and sword maybe an upgrade class for Monk?

Edit:Oh here is another one a Puppeter,a mage class specialized in making and controlling an inanimate object like armor or golem…

and a question will there be another legendary mount?

1 Like