The Lost Heir 1: The Fall of Daria - Errors and Bugs

Yeah I finally got it should have said your a whole lot of man instead of just introducing yourself. Thanks

45 Endurance doesn’t work in recovering from the poison trApto acquire the Cloak of spiders

So my sword disappears when fighting the mages when you’re out adventuring. I know i bought one before we ventured off.

did you by chance fall into the quicksand?.. it takes your sword and sleeping roll if you don’t have a good horse…

Can also be avoided with good Perception too right?

This message is really for my own use. :slight_smile: I have fixed all of the bugs reported before this point. These new bug fixes will be included in the update that is required in order to link Lost Heir 3 to the other two.
(Thread Necromancy +1)

This thread is still handy, since future bugs can still be reported. I’m not sure when LH1 may get a new update, but you never know! :slight_smile:

3 Bugs Fixed:

• Fixed the “allowing you to retrieve your dagger” error. It actually retrieves it instead of losing it.

• Karl gingerly gets into bed and lays down beside you, pleased to be with you once more. After a few minutes, SHE falls into a gentle and peaceful sleep. - Fixed

• You aren’t sure just how you triggered the trap, whether from your foot or from the cloak, but suddenly you experience sharp pains all over your body. You can feel at least three darts in you, releasing their poison into your bloodstream. - Fixed: If you had exactly 45 Endurance, you failed, but now, you succeed.

1 Like

@h82xs @TheDrake @Sylfaen @StarcraftJunkie

When hitting on TheoThea with the “whole lotta” option, it doesn’t say that a stat check was failed.

Bring your dagger up between the two of you.
The large axeman crashes into you. The dagger drives deeply into him, but you feel the weight of the axes smashing down upon you.
*set health -50
*if (health<=50)
Darkness closes in as you lose consciousness.

Shouldn’t it be if (health<=0)? Because it’s impossible to pass this check.

2 Likes

Hello I’m having a problem with uploading my saves from the first game to the second

Could you send that to the support email address in the app with as many details about your system and platform as you can? This is one for CoG. Thanks, and I hope it fixes for you soon. @RETowers

I found something possibly a bug or an intentional trap, I’m not sure which. At the God of Mischief Shrine, if you try to donate less than 200 Gold but you have more than 200 it steals 200 from you with no apparent in game explanation. It just tells you “you can only put 200 Gold on the plate, and that’s what you do” as if you were donating more than 200. Have less than 200, you get away losing only the amount donated. This happens on both the iPhone and Steam versions of Lost Heir 1- Fall of Daria.

If it’s a bug, I hope it can be fixed. If it’s intentional because the Shrine belongs to the God of Mischief, I may be the first to discover this. Well-played if so.

Keep up the good work.

Ok Lucid just let me know. It is a bug! Glad to have finally caught it. :lollipop:

Been reading the code to write a FAQ for this game I hope to have up on GameFAQs this week or next at the latest. I found what I believe to be three more bugs-

• First, if you get to the absolute final round with Thuja, you always die no matter what you do. Even when I’ve gotten there with 75 Health (the max possible), I take 50 damage and die next round- but the game code lists stuff happening if I survive, including stat bonuses. So shouldn’t I survive with 25 Health left? Bug?

• Similar vein, you know the poison dart trap in the underground Evil Temple with the Cloak of Spiders? The text says it takes 45 Endurance to survive the trap with damage if you have the numbers on. Exactly 45, I die. More than that, I survive. Could be as simple as a typo on the greater than or equal to thread, but I’m not sure, not knowing code that well. I read the script for the story mostly and am able to understand what should happen with certain numbers but not why other stuff does if what should happen doesn’t.

• Big Bug. We can’t Summon and command the Demon Daan’da anywhere in the game. This is despite the game code listing options for Summoning him in Elmvale during Winter (the first time we should be able to Summon him), against the Skeletons and the Pillar in the Evil Temple, and three times during the fight against Thuja at the end. On the last occasion, he is actually useful! No, I’m not spoiling how, at least not here. But if we can’t Summon him, we never see that and he remains the “useless demon” he appears to be. :frowning:

I hope these bugs are corrected one day. Even with them, it’s still a great game.

I’ve fixed the following bugs for the next update:

• Lowered Devices requirement to get Gloves of Archery
  • Gives the “Needed 40 Strength” when hitting on TheoTHea
  • You can now win the Thuja fight in the last round, if you can make it that far, since you go unconscious at 0 health, not 50
  • God of Mischief doesn’t steal 200 gold without your permission.
  • When donating to the God of Mischief, it now takes the 200 gold you offered.
  • Messages during Poison Dart Trap and the Cloak of Spiders. Seemed to be an error with the amount of Endurance, but it was actually a bug with the trap searching messages. Fixed now.
  • Brahl Demonstone can now be decyphered with Arcana in Elmvale.
  • Daan’da can now be used! That opens many new options through all the games.

If you know of any more, let me know now so I can fix them too!

3 Likes

One thing, the fight outside the ruin, the first round after hostilities begin, attacking with sword doesn’t give plus 3 sword as indicates by the text.

Which ruins? Can you give me some more details? I’ve been scouring through three games and I don’t recall the fine details in a few spots. :slight_smile:

The one where you find tybor.

Found it! Thanks!

“You step confidently into the fray, twirling your blade about your head with ease.”

This scene informed you of Blades +3, but didn’t give you it. It will now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is Daan’da, and how can it be gained?

A weak demon. Don’t get Tyborr (abandon his stone) and Daan’da will come instead.