Project Legends: The Battlemage (WIP)

Oooooo! Update! Wish I was going into the office tonight instead of overseeing a job site so I could play it! :cry:

Don’t worry, more updates are to come. I’ve finally secured an hour or two each night that is pretty much guaranteed I can focus on writing without being disturbed.

5 Likes

I am seriously jealous that you have time to write, but happy for ya. :relaxed:

Good. Let the jealously burn you’re soul! Evil Laugh

1 Like

That’s awesome! Does that also mean that Across the Skies and Seas might have more sometime? :grinning:

It’s on my to do list. @Snowpanther is busy with school and @Knightstrike moved to a new country and has been settling there, and I have started a new semester at College as well, but it’s definitely not abandoned. I actually have some of it written down.

I work on specific WIPs on specific days (I have like 4 unseen that I haven’t posted. Two of which are actually getting up there in word count, but The Battlemage and Across are my main concerns at the moment.)

4 Likes

Super glad to hear that!! I really like both so I was hoping :smile:

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that you like them both! It means a lot to me and the others in team SNK when someone enjoys and remembers our work, despite our very sparse and random updates.

1 Like

Well you can also let @Snowpanther know I haven’t forgotten Outsiders either :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh and forgot to say when I played the update for Battle Mage you still can’t select your own house name, just keeps cycling back to the screen to choose a house name. Keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I’m sure she’ll be happy with the mention, and that is fixed in my version (finally). I had a random *goto that brought you back. I don’t know why it took so long to fix, but it’s fixed now and will be in the next minor update.

3 Likes

A minor update has gone out. Mostly grammar fixes in the prologue and fixed the house name bug.

3 Likes

Yay! House name works now…got to know, is the plan still to have your parents bring back the orphan to the house? I really liked how that worked, I’m kind of a sucker for the childhood sweetheart idea :heart:

3 Likes

The orphan will be specific to the Runic route. Each family will have their own childhood NPC that can be a love interest, or… not telling yet :wink:

3 Likes

Yay! I like runic best anyhow personally! :smile:

Oh…so no Max/Maxxie for the other families?

(Not even a really small chance to meet them later on? Not even as NPC with less importance as whoever becomes the new childhood appendage?)

…

…that…somewhat breaks my heart…just somewhat, but still…

…

:cry:

2 Likes

I chose the poison house, it seemed to fit for some reason.

As much as I don’t want to discourage NeoHeartless from tinkering with the introduction of his story until he’s happy with it, all of the previous iterations of the introduction were pretty good. Hence I would imagine there is fairly wide ranging curiosity as to where the story is heading.

1 Like

Part of the reason I did so was because I really can’t imagine the father of the Possession family to take in an orphan. Not with his personality type, or the Poison family either.

Although I hope that the other childhood friends would be appealing to you. Each of them will have their own Unique class and you can have a rather large influence on their future as well.

Poisonous? You? Never!

Yes, I do apologize about changing the introduction a lot. I just wasn’t very happy with it as it was before, but now I won’t be tinkering with the introduction too much unless it’s grammar and bug fixes, so that I can move on to chapter 2 (Finally.).

4 Likes

Well I can see that, however I like Max/Maxxie more because of what we saw of the character themself (no matter how little it was) instead of the childhood connection / dynamic with the MC…

…Just let me grieve okay? (Eh, also won’t change my main MC’s family…that wouldn’t fit…and I like Possession magic…shady but not so shady like poison magic…)

I will get over it, and I anyway want to know what the other childhood NPCs are like.:smirk: (Also it’s 4 a.m where I live and I wouldn’t trust my judgment anymore…, so I most likely will be over it as soon as I sleeped for a few hours :sweat_smile:)

…We will see :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: If not I will at least love to hate them…Sharpen the knives, brew some poison, lay out the deadly traps, steal their secrets to blackmail them and all that, you know? ( And considering you telling us in an ominously blurred way nothing (yet) about the possebilities beside them becoming a RO I somehow hope that making a deadly enemy will be as possible as making friends )

2 Likes

My answer to all of that is…
Heh.

7 Likes