Project Legends: The Battlemage (WIP)

Nice I knew I forgot something, but for the life of me couldn’t figure it out. (The constant all nighters really take their toll)
I’ll definitely be rewording A LOT of chapter 1 specifcially interactions with Helgi. I plan on expanding on your relationship a lot more.
Originally I wanted her more of a character that comes in and teaches you the basics only to have a tragic ending. Although admittedly after writing all this stuff with Helgi I decided to give a lot more depth. I hope to make everyone fall in love with Helgi. So I can have them terribly killed off to make everyone cry.
Why? Cause I’m terrible, er I mean cause plot developtment.

Also not steampunk since (to my understanding) steampunk is steam powered technology.
The way I picture technology is medieval times with the masses only knowing rumors and gossip that travels slowly and can be days old, most travel by foot or by carriages.
Instead of advancement being focused on technological advances, advancement is about magical studies in styles and combat and some part of that is relegated to magical studies for the advancement of l"ess" important endeavours like preventing sickness among the general populace and providing better transportation and educatiion amongst the non-mages.

Nobles are still “entitled” to their positions and rule over a certain area and each Noble paying taxes to the government/sending tribute.
Depending on which country a Noble hails from their “importance” varies greatly, depending on the government they have.

Also Mages are another social class all together and are higher up than Nobles themselves. Most Magi families are very influential and the magi social class itself has its members classified in order of importance by who are the highest “Ranking” Mages.

In the Theocracy of Uswein the leader must be a mage and that mage while being the “leader” of the country deals more with their Faith and Magical studies. This the leader of Uswein is always the Archmage of the Conjuration Style. Also in Uswein the Nobles are Mages. Essentially All Nobles are Mages, but not all Mages are Nobles. So the essential common-folk are people with little to no magical aptitude

The Queendom of Mitri is ofc ruled by a Queen. With the King always being more of a Royal-Consort and just there to make Heirs and for political marriages. Mages are not the highest in ranking, but are 2nd to the Queen’s power. Nobles here are more relegated to caretakers of areas that oversees the economic growth and taxes paid to the government. They have no real say politically.

Yawn. I’m gonna sleep now and make some major rehauls to chapter 1.
I’ll fix a few of those errors and update it, but nothing substantial.
I’m planning to do the next update next week hopefully by 11/16 or 11/18. My goal is at least 11k words by then. Wish me luck :wink:

New update. Expanded a bit more about your interactions with Helgi and adjusted the prologue some more.

3 Likes

May I just say that I am a huge fan of your work @EmperorHeartless and I can’t wait for this to the world your making to grow and evolve even further. Thanks for the update can’t wait for another :smiley:

1 Like

“Our baby” she murmurs. “Our darling baby”
Boy
girl

Put “our darling baby…” without that it seems like you’re ending the sentence at baby, not boy or girl.

1 Like

Very minuscule update, just fixed a few embarrassing things I saw (forgot to finish a sentence or two lol, sleep deprivation is my #1 problem right now) and adjusting paragraphs size to avoid incredibly giant walls of text on phones.

I keep getting an error during this part:

Fixed! Thanks. It should be fine now.

The part where we choose our name is awkward.

It won’t let me get past where you choose how the mc feels about how busy his/her parents feel…

1 Like

Can you post a screen shot of the problem?
Edit: @Reimi-Lyn I think I found the problem. Should be fixed now.

Found a bug:

1 Like

I’m getting the same bug as @sammysam

1 Like

For some reason, I did not encounter such errors, maybe writing them would help.

@sammysam @Reimi-Lyn try clearing your cookies? I know sometimes my browser didn’t update after I updated the game.

Alright so now that my school work is winding down (just those darn end of the semester presentations and exams…) I started on reworking on my WIP. The title has been currently changed to The Legend of The Battle Mage. I’m doing heavy revision of the game and changing up my writing somewhat.

Right now I’m looking for people that would be willing to do a private Alpha with me. I’m looking for around 5-10 people and I would prefer members experienced with CS, writing, or testing WIPs), but anyone is welcome to volunteer. If you’d like to volunteer please let me know here or pm me.

Thanks in Advance!

7 Likes

I would like to alpha test.

No experience whatsoever with CS, but if you got no one else, I volunteer as candidate (I couldn’t resist it).

I would love to test it for you. I’m not experienced with CS at all, but I like to consider my self well versed when it comes to story and word choice. Thanks!

I find errors

Your parents were coveted Battle Mages one of the highest positions a Magi could ever aspire to be. They were often invited first for the most prestigious of social gatherings, Nobles would make way for them out of pure deference, respect, and perhaps a touch a fear.

a touch a fear

You parents were often called upon to deal with threats no other could tame. Due to their busy schedule they were often not at home, but when they were they attempted to make as much time for you as possible.

The You next to parents should be Your

And the other error is They were they

Thanks to everyone that’s volunteered so far (On thread and pm!). You all are great! I’ve noted your forum names and will probably make definite selections either sometime tonight or tommorow afternoon (Using Eastern Time Zone)

Don’t worry even if you don’t make it this time. I’m planning on doing more private alpha groups and (hopefully!) later an open beta so if you don’t make it now, there’s always next time!

Anyone else that wants to volunteer is free to say
“Sign me up!”

2 Likes