The Lawless Ones (Previously "Villains") Completed! (Remake in the Works)

It’s definitely either boss or boobs. I can’t quite remember. :yum:

6 Likes

Really like this story thus far! I did have an issue that may be related to me choosing a custom alias. Anyway, during the first job Viper called my character by his birth name a couple of times. Then when it was time to pay the dues, Honey referred to him by his alias.

I do hope our character gets a chance to put that horrid wretch of a stepmother down at some point.

2 Likes

this WIP is great, have a good history and a great characters…and the step -mother give some fines ideas to make honor to the name of this game :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

1 Like

But that would be revenge against siblings not the srepmother. It would be better to kill siblings so all she have done will go to waste and then put her in dungeons. living her open in poverty will be no good since she seems like a social climber.

1 Like

You can be raised by wolves.

10/10 best game.

5 Likes

I really love the wolf start its great plus the warrior monk one was really cool as well.

1 Like

Oh, the slave origin doesn’t have a stepmother it has a half-brother who is very much used to getting everything on a silver platter and who is, I think, not very well suited to deal with a live of extreme poverty. It’s a pity we can’t make him the slave on account of the city’s laws and that my mc likely can’t ever leave the city without becoming a slave again.

Still first priority for my ex-slave is likely getting to know how to read, otherwise he’ll remain far too powerless.

I just hope my mc can be there to actually see it, like I said revenge having to be enacted by proxies in the outside world would lose a lot of its appeal.

1 Like

@Avery_Moore

When will we be able to see it?

1 Like

I thought you guys were talking about aristocrat background. I half read that at that time now I have found out that thare are no siblings in aristocrat background.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey.

Nice start. The slave and wolf ones are definitively my favorites.

Still one thing bothered me on the feral path. We are barely able to read words with 4 letters, we can act as a feral child and growl when the boy sit by, but then suddenly we re able to form complex lines. And no subsidiate choices. I would like to stay a bit more savage… At least the transition doesn’t feel right to me

9 Likes

Can slave mc read at all at this point?

1 Like

One thing I appreciate about this game is that it highlights some of the steampunk fashions that I find so silly. The Aristocrat’s father has purely decorative gears attached to his clothes, Celeste wears a teeny tiny hat that must be pinned to her head. We just need to find someone wearing a corset over their clothes instead of under them (maybe we do, I haven’t played through the other origins yet) and we’ll have the trifecta!

Edit - Another steampunk pet peeve: fine clothes that are brown. Victorians liked wearing bright colors, but you wouldn’t know it just from looking at period photographs because everything is brown in a sepia photo. You’d expect a working class person to wear brown because the color hides stains, but not a Victorian aristocrat!

4 Likes

Oh thanks, that’s definitely a mistake. The guild characters should only refer to the NPC by their alias. I’ll fix that. :blush:

@lokidemon007

Can’t really say. Still working on some of the earlier parts of the game right now. (Also there’s a lot of bugs in the demo which I should probably fix first.) :yum:

I found a little continuity error in the peasant backstory. Towards the end with the bandits, the baby brother is being called Charlie where at the start he was called George. It’s just a little thing I noticed

1 Like

Actually there’s an unborn half-sibiling. :yum:

@Antinomique

The child in the wolf origin can speak a lot better than they can read, but I do admit that it was very difficult coming up with lines for a character that fits all six of the background stories. As I go through the game I am making an effort to have a few lines that are specific to the character’s origin, but the majority of the lines do have to be compatible with all six backgrounds. The wolf and aristocrat origins probably make this the most difficult, since I need to avoid lines that make the character come off as common or uneducated, but I also need to avoid lines that make the character seem overly sophisticated or sociable. :confounded:

2 Likes

… Oops. I must’ve changed his name half way through and forgot. :tired_face:

To be honest, I haven’t really decided. Outside of the origin stories, I haven’t yet put the PC in a position where they have to read. It’s something I’ll have to think about, since the Wolf PC can barely read and the slave and criminal PCs might also not be able to read, but then the aristocrat and monk PCs would both definitely be able to read… I’m wondering if I could go through the whole game without the PC ever having to read anything. :yum:

Yes, that’s a cliche I’ve used in the game a few too many times. I really want to describe the world in great detail, so that all the clothes and cities and technology scream out, “This is steampunk!” but that’s really hard to do without using lots of brown, brass and copper. (Also there’s only so many objects you can stick cogs and gears onto before you think, surely there are some other steampunky accessories I can use.) :yum: