The Kepler Colony: Evacuation (OUT NOW!)

In the art of procrastination, I jotted down all the parts for CK62e: Evacuation to see how much was left to do. I make the game 75% complete!

That’s not counting the spaceship parts themselves, though. That’ll be for another day to look at.

4 Likes

Ooooooooh! Updates! ^^

Yay im so happy this is such a great day😀

1 Like

Great work, Andy. :slight_smile: I’m excited to see this finished.

Uh-oh…

With every new discovery comes a difficult choice: rename the game and change our destination or come up with a reason why the newly discovered planet is not a good destination…

3 Likes

I just now found this…have I been in cryogenic sleep for too long? :scream: But seriously, this, so far, gives me a Lost Planet vibe. And that’s good! Well, add this to the list of upcoming games to buy. Man, I really need a bigger wallet. Wait, maybe later. Let’s see, @andymwhy, if you have a playable demo here. I mean, it looks epic. :slightly_smiling:

Here’s a link to the demo.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23448049/colonising%20kepler%2062e/dfabulich-choicescript-ce4cbfb/web/mygame/index.html

No update yet, but soon.

Edit to change link.

404 Error.

I love this I really do having the feeling of saving your entire race and nationality is just amazing I love it keep up the great work

??? (+20characters).

Sorry about that. Here’s a better link that should work:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23448049/colonising%20kepler%2062e/dfabulich-choicescript-ce4cbfb/web/mygame/index.html

Really enjoyable game so far, just want to point out a factual error, Scotland doesn’t have a Prime Minister, we have a First Minister.

That’s interesting. However playing as Scotland instead of the U.K. Would imply that Scotland are independent. Would you like me to change it to First Minister or keep it as Prime Minister?

Edit: I changed it to First Minister.

I think First Minister fits better tbh. It doesn’t necessarily imply that Scotland is independent (though if it isn’t mentioned i will certainly headcanon it that way lol) as the First Minister is the leader of the devolved government for Scotland and so is seen as the leader of the country,

1 Like

There is a bug, when I started building a lot of habitation modules and filled all three factory slots it just kept building habitation modules into the infinite, way past beyond the cap.
The same happened with advanced cryo modules.

That’s not good. I’ll take a look and see what’s causing it. Thanks for spotting that!

UPDATE:

I’ve added a news page to the game. It’s functional but don’t click on articles after year 7 yet as they are unwritten and the game may crash to an error. More articles will be added over the next week or two.

I’ve also fixed a few errors and tidied up in a few places. The game should be a little smoother and easier to play.

Edit: minor tweaks to prevent crashing on unfinished pages

6 Likes

UPDATE: A new choice section for who goes on the ship is being added. It’s quite a large update and I’ve tried to contain it but it’s incomplete and likely buggy right now. It shouldn’t affect play until you finish your ship. For now, the best option to pick is ‘10 random people’.

In the meantime, I am about to create a list of 100 people, 10 of which you can take on the ship and save. If anyone wants to add a character to the game, now is your chance. They can be any age, profession, gender, but the nationality will be fixed as your in-game nationality. If you want to add character traits too, that will help!

5 Likes

UPDATE:

I’ve just fixed a game-crippling bug you might have encountered. Game should be smoother now.

Is our robot coming with us?
I want an option to take our robot with us.