The Kepler Colony: Evacuation (OUT NOW!)

A quick reminder that there are only 24 hours left to play the demo before it is removed. The game is nearly completed. This is the last chance to try it for free.

4 Likes

ā€¦Iā€™ll try to get in a playthrough before then :slight_smile: , thought about applying for the beta tbh, but not sure how much time Iā€™d have for it :ā€™( . Great news that itā€™s nearly finished though :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Is this intentional?

Also, is this unfinished?

1 Like

Ah, that first one is an error. Iā€™ll change that.

The second one is a little worrying. Do you remember what you were doing at the time? Iā€™ll get them both fixed.

When choosing basic profile number, I choose ā€œMake a noteā€ choice, that are my first choice in that part.

1 Like

Okay thanks, that helps. I thought Iā€™d fixed all errors there but I guess not :slight_smile:

Edit: if you try the demo again, choosing the full list works for sure. I need to copy code across for the basic view.

1 Like

Ooh better get 1 more playthrough in sometime today.

Wish I could beta test for you but between work and life Iā€™m sad to say I wouldnā€™t be able to give you the time it deserves. Best of luck though and I look forward to giving you my money when itā€™s done.

1 Like

Heh, I tend to choose 'Straya in this game. If anyone can survive colonizing a new planet it would probably be the Aussies who already live in a death-world where everything is trying to kill you. And Australians are themselves descended from convicts.

I vote for two moons, but thatā€™s because I always loved staring up at the night sky in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, particularly Skyrim with the right sky mods. The two moons and their phases really make the world feel somewhat alien and very pretty.

I agree heā€™ll be handy for building the colony, particularly if you donā€™t research robotics and AI.

But theyā€™re so cute. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Different people lead different lives, I used to be much poorer and suffered health problems all throughout my childhood and teenage years, right up until my mid-twenties. Though in my case they all mostly stemmed from the underlying cause of undiagnosed celiac. Now not even a decade later Iā€™m the second healthiest Iā€™ve ever been. When I was a 29 year old community college student was the peak for me, I even had nice abs for brief period back then plus it was just before the balding really started.
Unless I get really sick again once I get older society has made most of the completely unnecessary medical expenses for me when I was younger.

We either stick him in cryo until he can wake up to help rebuild the colony or else he can be taught additional engineering skills on the space ship, if he was a plumbing apprentice he can likely become an apprentice engineer or technician too, and again unless the ship is manned by AI and robots weā€™re going to need some of those.
He is also of greater value as a sperm donor or to possibly clone, if you want to go that route.

Not all teens and 20-something people are avid risk-takers that is a generalization.

Indeed if you want to talk medical issues you should also take care to minimize the psychological trauma.

1 Like

@andymwhy
There also this:

1 Like

Thatā€™s an odd one to slip by! Iā€™ll change that too :ok_hand:

1 Like

Weird, itā€™s still same:

I choose ā€œMake a noteā€ after seeing all the basic profile

1 Like

Okay, the demo is coming down in around 15 hours but Iā€™ll update the demo now and correct that bug just for you :slight_smile:
Give me a few minsā€¦

2 Likes

Sorry for that :sweat_smile:

UPDATE:

The demo has been updated! This is mainly to correct errors but it also comes with the bonus of some half-written scenes in year 19 with your robot. The demo will still be removed in around 15 hours.

Send thanks to @Vattena for this update :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Has someone reported this already? For me whenever I try to buy a new shuttle I donā€™t get one and the numbers go into negative billions.

2 Likes

That was mentioned and I didnā€™t fix it yet! Thanks for reminding me :slight_smile:

Also doesnā€™t the space elevator help with getting the people up there anymore?
Maybe you could include another project for a space station attached to to space elevator to serve as a holding and transit area for embarking people onto the spaceship, in much the same way the habitat and cryo are alternatives.
I mean if Iā€™m building the elevator Iā€™d happily pay another 200 billion or so to attach a space station to it.
If we build another cryo module, computer, (small) life support, propulsion and defense module for it and leave the one standard space shuttle with it then maybe it could serve as another method of re-populating Earth itself, instead of the deep earth bunker?

1 Like

If you build the space elevator, you can populate the spaceship much quicker. This should be stated when you complete your spaceship. I will be checking each part during beta-testing so will make changes as necessary.

Building a space station is a nice idea, but at this stage, if I donā€™t finish the game now, I never will with new additions! Donā€™t worry, thereā€™s plenty of scope for new things in the next part of the game: the journey through space and the actual colonisation of Kepler 62e!

1 Like

Yeah, I should probably have thought of it sooner, but it would seem more logical to me to tether a space station with its own, cargo, support and cryo modules to the mammoth space elevator project then to build an entirely new equally mammoth project for an underground complex.

1 Like

The space elevator would be tethered directly to your spaceship- which until it leaves orbit, technically is a spacestation.

1 Like