One Last Time (form. The Journey) [fantasy WiP]

Because Aki was designed as a “safe zone” nice guy, but then I got carried away while writing his rival lines. But since I got rid of variables, your state of relationship won’t affect your affection levels or anything like that (in fact, rival Aki is written to be caring in his own way).

Thank you very much.

1 Like

i got this message when i choose “i didn’t care.” (there is same error for rival akio too, but somehow i didn’t encounter it at the second try)

and for typo i just manage to found one :grin:

I apologize for for not doing my best before, Father.

and, you did good with the story :grin: i found the inner conversation of MC amusing XD. (if i didn’t already make too much promise for fanart, i’ll ask you a permission for fanart :sweat_smile: or, maybe later when i have more free time :sunglasses:) will waiting for more :triumph:

1 Like

Fixed. I hereby declare indents my archenemy.

As for the typo, the MC is clearly terrified enough to start stuttering.

I’m glad you enjoyed it! And no, fanart is not forbidden. Thanks again!

okay… that make sense :joy:

Yay!! though this will added to my waiting next to-do list for now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Still so many hyphens… :sweat_smile:

Also, I found this, speaking to Shiro:

I understand that you are upset, but since we’re stuk together now, wouldn’t it be better if we got along?

Should be “stuck”.

the Ministry of Magic

Is this term copyright? Even if it’s not, it might be better to come up with your own name.

And who the frink is Eiji!?

1 Like

I mostly use them for the dialogue now (I think). It’s possible that I’ll go back and rewrite it to use “” instead, but for now, it’ll have to wait.

Ooh, thank you.

Well, the actual term was “the Ministry of Onmyodo”, but since I decided against using Japanese words, I just went with magic. Still, it’s a valid concern and I’m going to change it. Thanks for pointing it out!

Eiji is… the actual main character of the story. No, not really. Maybe. It’s a [spoiler], ohoho.

2 Likes

Honestly, this does make it kinda hard to read…

Of course. It all makes sense now. :expressionless:

1 Like

Alright then, rewriting it is.

Uh, well, it’s not supposed to make sense yet. As I said, it’s not the only layer to the story. …ahaha, sorry ^^’

Edit: aaand it turns out my language and American English have different rules when it comes to quotations. Also, I have to make sure I don’t use British English spellings anywhere… like color/colour. Hello grammar, long time no see.

1 Like

Fixed it for you. :grin:

(And, yes, I assumed it wasn’t supposed to make sense yet.)

Ok, so I rewrote it with “” instead of -. Probably even correctly. Also replaced “magic” with “sorcery” (technically it should be divination, but in this fantasyland, priests are diviners instead) and did some other minor corrections.

I’ll make a man… err, a proper story out of it yet.

1 Like

Who are the ROs? I can guess but I’m unsure.

Everyone! …ahem. Aki, Eiji, Shiro, Sakura and Takako. Well, yes, (almost) everyone.

2 Likes

I’m assuming (although I have been wrong before, so please correct me before I fall in love), based on the sexualities you gave earlier:

Aki (MC-sexual)
Eiji (bisexual)
Shiro (tragically straight)

Is that right?

EDIT: Also, did you say that there would potentially be other ROs appearing later, or are you limiting it to just these five?

3 Likes

now, im trying to match those statement about RO… :sunglasses: (sorry, i can’t not doing this XD… and im not really sorry bout it :grin:)

1 Like

No-no, the order is wrong! Hehe.

Eiji is MC-sexual (because plot) (both of him… heh)
Shiro is pan
Sakura is bi

Aki and Takako are undecided yet. I listed them as straight, but I feel like they could work as almost anything else as well.

As for additional characters, I don’t know yet. I’ll have to look at the workload. I have a feeling that writing Aki’s three personalities is going to be like writing three different NPCs already…

Huh…

Daw, but Aki’s the cute one. (And Shiro’s annoying, and Eiji’s… weird…? I think?) Well, I’ll try not to turn this into a repeat of the last three threads… but if it is just the five (six? five-and-a-half?) of them, it might make sense to have them all be MC or bi/pansexual, especially if none are going to actually be homosexual. (Also, the forum is complaining that I’m posting too much here… :sweat_smile:)

EDIT:

You think you have it bad? I did this with two of my ROs… (And it’s horrific… I basically ended up combining most of them so that in most cases, the variants will act identically.)

4 Likes

@UmbraLamia

A joke… and not a joke. “From a certain point of view”.

@ParrotWatcher

This might be a good idea, and it’ll make things easier too. (Aki is glad! Shiro pretends not to care. Eiji is… complicated, but as I said, he’s the most plot-important one and not in just one way)

Also, uh, before I removed the “Akio as crush” option, he used to flirt with male MCs for a bit, though it was pretty subtle. I was just experimenting with different options there.

2 Likes

WHAATTT!!! :scream: oopss. sorry. :grin: im curious to see how it turn out (coz i found the rival one more charming XD and just imagine that he actually trying to flirt with MC in subtle way as Rival :heart_eyes:) lol that love-hate relationship (yes, you’re right… i know… i know im a drama sucker… :sweat_smile: so deal with it :sunglasses:)

2 Likes

I removed it because I used it to set the level of affection (60% vs 50% with friendship), but since I got rid of the relationship values, there was no sense in keeping it; it was 60% copy-paste from friend!Aki anyway. So now it’s basically a “choose Aki’s personality” choice instead, and yes, you can still rival-mance him.

2 Likes