The I've got too many WIP's thread (Poll on post 3)

Just curious, how many choicescript/other game WIP’s are authors on here juggling? Are you focused, do you tend to work on a few at the same time, or have multiple ones you switch between depending on how you’re going? :rabbit2:

• Zero. Not working on anything currently.
  • 1 only. (I’m focused!)
  • 2-3. (A respectable number, not too bad.)
  • 4-5 (Yeah multiplying, trying to keep them under control and not overly succeeding.)
  • 6+ (Way too many ideas that need to get written down.)

0 voters

Poll re-opened on post 3 :slight_smile:

Kinda hoping for the vote to shows who’s voting, but oh well.
Obviously, I’m number one.

Didn’t I tick that? Let me see if I can change it. (Once they have votes it doesn’t let me. Re-opening the poll here :slight_smile: )

• Zero. Not working on anything currently.
  • 1 only. (I’m focused!)
  • 2-3. (A respectable number, not too bad.)
  • 4-5 (Yeah multiplying, trying to keep them under control and not overly succeeding.)
  • 6+ (Way too many ideas that need to get written down.)

0 voters

I don’t know for sure, but maybe you can delete the poll and recreate a new one?
But hey, we already got the new one! Maybe a tad bit too late to edit the old one.

Oh yeah I could have done that couldn’t I have! (Probably would have let me once the first was deleted.) Ah well, I’ll leave it as is and not make you vote a third time :smile:

I have two “active” projects and 2 “on hiatus” or “shelved” for now.

I have 1 shelved indefinitely and another one still unsure whether to continue lol

I have my main WIP, Birth of a Hero. I also have my first WIP, The Nebula, which was in “zombie” state for a year or two, though recently I started re-coding again (the game is “finished”, as in, the main part of the game is fully written just last drive before I finished coding it…)

Then, recently I started a new WIP, no name yet, based on the code for Tokyo Wizard, but set up in a fantasy world… I guess working on the map of the game and some other concepts helps me distract when I’m not in the mood to work on my other two WIPs…

Working on just one new story now that NPT is written. Sometimes I jot down notions for others but don’t get as far as actual coding or anything. If I don’t stay focused my attention fragments and then I’ll be another person posting interest checks for a half-dozen stories that never get beyond the idea stage.

I’m only working on one, but I have three or four others hanging around in the back of my head, trying to get my attension at inopportune moments.

I feel called out.

Actually, if we’re talking game WIPs only, I’ll be generous with myself and say only three. Two of these are on hiatus for what seems to me like a very long time, but actually isn’t. One is in editing phases. A second was supposed to be a very short game done in a compressed time frame, but that of course failed. And I have one ChoiceScript WIP that’s a recent revival (or, more like remix) of a previous game that fell flat.

And I’m working on a novel, but that’s beside the point. I have a problem.

I’m weak.

I can’t control the ideas in my head! I have dedication issues with almost everything I do. I try to resist but I get overpowered! sobs heavily

I voted for just one, although I have another couple or so written down so I don’t forget them. Technically they’re spin-offs of my main story so I don’t really consider them as new ideas entirely.

And the main reason my WIP has such a large scope is so that any plot bunny that comes to me, I can just try to fit it in somewhere. :blush:

Why choose when you can always combine the story ideas? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m only working on one currently, but i definitely have ideas that I’m toying around with possibly turning into stories later. I’m just afraid that if i start writing them down I’ll end up neglecting A Witch’s Curse. I normally skip around a lot when I write though. Helps when I get stuck on how to write certain moments.

I have two shelved indefinitely. It’s very disheartening to be unable to finish something.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.