The Hustler WIP (Mafia City- Rise of a Don Revamped)- Update 25/09/19

The Hustler is a new and improved form of Mafia City with pretty much the same setting but a completely different storyline. For those that haven’t tried Mafia City(which is the old version) click on the link below
https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/mafia-city-rise-of-a-don-wip-updated-02-03-2019-poll-added-48/49212

You woke up in a bloody scene with a fuzzy memory but by instinct you knew from that moment onward you had to strive to survive. Someone ordered a hit on your father, mother, and the rest of the family(gang) which includes you but somehow you survived. Being the only key survivor of the hit, you have to rebuild the family and restore its formerly prestigious name. All this while trying to find who ordered the hit and try to prevent this from happening again.

This is a Mafia story with a difference and you want to know why? It is a Mafia story with superpowers.

The demo consists of only the prologue. The stats page is still under construction and I know I ain’t exaggerating when I say it is going to be a very complex one and I hope I am able to follow it through. Here is the demo link The Hustler

I would need suggestions about powers you think should be there but aren’t and if you have any other ideas on how to classify the powers, please pm me. Any other thoughts, ideas or any form of contribution will also be accepted.

I apologize for having not gone far on this, am very busy with school stuffs and all. Thanks guys and I hope to update this soon.

83 Likes

Have you watched the anime Reborn? It’s about a mafia heir with powers :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I think I read one manga like that even though it was just one episode. Is it that of the Vangola family

1 Like

this is perfect for me!

1 Like

Yea
What do you mean by Major and Minor powers?

1 Like

I think it’s like
Major-professer x level telekinisis or something to that level
Minor-low to mid level telekinisis(like moving small objects or a car if you concentrate hard enough)

2 Likes

I have a suggestion?
What if you start out with minor abilities and then you can choose to develop them further?

7 Likes

Then give all the Dons major powers, the underling minor power and grunts no powers.

4 Likes

I didn’t get the point of “choosing” my level of success. Is there any benefit to choosing a lower level of success than the max available?

3 Likes

-__- that anime irritated me. but it did inspire me to write a story that had a similarish structure

1 Like

Definitely gunslinger type of power would be so cool to have

2 Likes

By Major powers I mean the kind of powers that we are used to like super strength, telekinesis, telepathy etc. I called them Major because they are powers that are flashy while Minor powers are those ones like having better endurance or strength than normal humans but not enough to be superman kind of power, they are they kind of powers that if not told you wouldn’t know such a person has such powers because you will think it is through further training such a person got it. I hope you get what I just explained.

This is a very good idea, I don’t know how I haven’t thought about this so thanks for the advice.

The satisfaction you were the one that trained yourself up to the max level is enough I think.

To be honest I also found it kinda weird but it was pretty interesting, even though I haven’t been able to read more than one episode.

Gunslinger type of powers was totally in from the beginning no doubt.

1 Like

Is the Mc a Don?

1 Like

About to be, the MC need to rebuild the family before he can be properly named as such. A Don isn’t one with a family and a lot of underlings.

Nice intro for the demo, I look forward to seeing what you do with the story.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I also am looking forward to what this will become

1 Like

How about the power to control your underlings, like making them loyal as a dog to MC?

1 Like

This game sounds interesting quick question are there going to be other individuals with superpowers , and also it would be cool to have super speed that’s always been one of the most useful powers

1 Like

Yes.

That’s one of the major superpowers. So it all depends on the poll.

It would counter one of the objectives of the story, because one of the objective is to gain the trust of your underlings.

1 Like

How about the ability to create weapons out of nothing? Could be useful for a Don?

3 Likes