The Hunt: Demon Eyes [Moved to Twine]

How about for questions
“How did i get here?”
“where did you find me?”
“why are you helping me?”
“Where’s my stuff?”

3 Likes

Those questions are way better than mine.

1 Like

Not nesesarily you’re questions are definately good for a hunter who doesn’t trust the supernatural. Or one that’s simply scared.

1 Like

I feel like attacking Elian and Lupa shouldn’t result in instant death like it does.
I know attacking supernaturals seems like it should but let me explain my reasoning.
Their both strong and fast supernaturals who went out of their way to help you, even knowing your a hunter.

As such they clearly have a certain level of morals and also the ability to restrain you considering their strength and speed advantage plus the hunter being weak from being possessed for 2 years, oh and also numbers.

I’m thinking perhaps rather then instantly dieing having them restrain you and try to calm you down, then if you proceed to keep trying to fight them, then you end up getting killed. Especially considering your a hunter who’s never seen the supernatural as anything but a threat, they might have some leeway towards you freaking out and attacking them.

Then again you know your characters better then anyone else so if thats how they react thats how they react. Just putting in my 2 cents.

1 Like

I see where you’re coming from, but character-wise it does make sense.

At this point, neither of them know you’re a hunter, though Elian does have a feeling you might be. It’s why he is moving in closer before you get to choose to continue trying to attack or not. It’s very subtle, but he is preparing to step in, while hoping he doesn’t have to.

From Lupita’s perspective, a stranger is attacking out of nowhere, and Elian is panicking enough to fight back (rarely happens, so you have to be a real danger).

From Elian’s perspective, a potential hunter is starting to attack. In his experience that’s lethal, even if he’d manage to subdue them, he’d never trust them not to try it again.

Don’t forget that every supernatural you meet has very likely had some experience with hunters or been told stories, just like your hunter has been told stories. Only that the hunters are the monsters in those stories.

Gameplay-wise it’s mean, I know, but there will be only one more possible dead scene in ch2.

I mostly included this because someone on tumblr asked why they couldn’t just kill Lupita, the answer is this scene paired with an indirect warning that being rash and stubborn isn’t always a good idea :wink:

2 Likes

sunday update 17.05
This week I finally finished the common path of chapter 2! This section of the chapter has about the same word count as chapter 1, so as you can see, it’s a beast. (I might move them into chapter 3 after all, but those are problems for future me, just like evening out the point system for the stats). I’ve also finished the first immediate edits (cleaning up paragraphs, glaring coding errors, grammar as best as I can)

I’ve also made some significant changes to the relationship stats and some coding of chapter 1 as well as some edits, so it was a hectic week, but a successful one for this wip.

Basically, I added a Trust/Distrust bar for the NPCs and made the Romance counter visible. So now it looks like this:

I’m tinkering with the idea of getting rid of the affection bar entirely and replace it with a counter as well… Either way, I’ll have to rework the stats sooner or later.

Well, other than that, I’ll be off working on Bas’ route next and when I finish that the demo will be updated ^^ (no question there when almost 100% of the people that participated in the poll say they’d rather have more content at once x))

As a treat have a small snippet from chapter two, showing a bit more of the relationship between Nasim and Elian ^^

Snippet

“Nasim! There you are.” Elian’s voice breaks the tension building between you and the sharpness of their smile shifts, turning into something soft and caring.

“Habibi!” They call and turn towards Elian, who is walking towards the group with a broad, warm smile. The stranger, Nasim, you guess, swoops towards the short man and wraps him in their arms, almost picking him up as they press a firm kiss to his forehead.

Elian gasps, but chuckles, patting their back.

“What’s going on?” Elian asks with a laugh on his lips.

“You haven’t been here in forever,” the other complains, causing Elian to roll his eyes.

“A week, Nasim, it’s been a week,” he corrects, with fond exasperation in his voice.

“Forever, as I said,” they say with a shrug. “At least you brought interesting company this time.” Their eyes settle on you once more.

“This is ${name}, Elian’s newest pet project,” Lupita piques up snickering. Elian’s cheeks darken, his lips pressing together. Nasim doesn’t even ask, simply sigh heavily as if they expected something like that already.

They eye Elian for a moment, placing another distracted kiss to his auburn hair and speak to you again.

“Let me guess: He found you in the gutter and brought you home, like a wounded animal.” You are about to answer, but they simply continue,“ Well, what’s done is done. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nasim, the owner of this shop, and I prefer to be referred to as they and them.”

23 Likes

I like this a lot so far. Love the writing style, premise, and Lupita is very cute.

1 Like

Character art of the current four ROs can now be found under a read more in the first post or on tumblr :smiley:

10 Likes

If I didn’t already want to romance Lupita, then I certainly would’ve after seeing that art of her! She’s adorable, and I just want to snuggle her close, and keep her safe :confounded::heart:

4 Likes

no update this week and possibly next week

I’m very busy atm and not in the right headspace to write something coherent :confused:

9 Likes

Okay;that’s fine.Don’t write unless you can.:+1:t2:

3 Likes

I loved this WIP! The premise is so interesting, and your writing is superb! Looking forward to seeing more of it :heart:

2 Likes

No update as predicted, though I will spend most of today writing on Bas’ route or rather trying to get back into the flow x)

6 Likes

sunday update 07.06.

Finally managed to get back to writing, not much but better than nothing.

I hope to finish Bas’ route and update the demo this month, though I’ve already found a few parts I definitely want to edit, especially the flirt options (that’s what you get when you can’t flirt to safe your life yourself XD)

But that’s something to consider for the big revisions after I finish all of ch2 or even later. Poor future me…

Other than that, there isn’t much to report on my end tbh.

I’m still thinking a lot about possible romance options. Things like adding the other three main NPCs (which would likely end up with genderlocked options), poly routes, allowing MC to play matchmaker etc.

But that’s a conversation I want to seriously pick up on when all characters have been introduced and I can better tell how I feel about adding the workload to it ^^ but everyone feel free to hit me with your opinions on it :smiley:

16 Likes

Poly is always a welcome addition, just at the cost of a huge amount of work :I

1 Like

Bloodborne with story!
good luck to author. awesome demo

2 Likes

sunday update 14.06.

Not a big update, but I got a good chunk done :smiley:

Slow and steady progress is better than no progress after all :wink:

I have a good idea when to end ch2 though it is kind of a fluid transition to ch3, considering that ch3 is also split depending on the route picked in ch2, so I might change it up at a later point (I do like to procrastinate such decisions…)

Because it’s a short update, have a small snippet of Bas’ route below :smiley:

Snippet

You momentarily look around the room and finally decide to move into a corner close to the window. No way for anything to sneak up on you, and you still have a good view of the room and can even see a bit of the street.

Bas raises one of his eyebrows.

“Paranoid, huh?” he asks, obviously not expecting much of an answer, “No worries, I get it.”

“They are probably disturbed by this mess. I know I am,” Elian grumbles and throws one of the blankets on the couch to the side, revealing a plate with some leftover crumbles on it. A small growl seems to emit from deep in his chest as he glares at Bas.

Your fellow hunter has the mind to raise his hands in defense.

“I forgot about that, I swear!” he promises quickly.

“That does not make it better, Bas.”

Putting on an innocent smile, Bas looks at the supernatural, “I promise I will do better next time?”

With a huff, Elian’s posture relaxes once more, and he returns to his cleaning rampage without further comment. Bas winks in your direction.

“He still loves me,” he stage-whispers.

“Are you two always like this?” you inquire and receive a casual shrug in return.

“Sometimes. But he can be very nice when I clean up first. Sometimes he’s even smiling.”

17 Likes

what you just said bring me up to being a moving team of Mario’s

3 Likes

I never thought that ambiguous feelings could be captured so well; Usually, I have a double opinion about the work and its characters, but this time it was a little different and we can say, in a good way.
How to say? Everything has an atmosphere of suspense, the proposed atmosphere, perhaps in my ignorant and imaginative mind, proposes to be obscure, machivélico, a world full of errors, where supernatural creatures of dubious character try to attract the MC with their machinations. The demon was well written and the emotions I had — hate, resentment and a feeling of torn honor — guarantee that he influences the way I see and interact with the proposed options, with the others characters.
How could something so vile, like a supernatural stranger, be treated in any way other than mass extermination? I thought, we can see that the Ros are good people, with their definitions of right and wrong, their friendships and relationships — the different way to treat a Mc, depending on how they are treated — but just the fact that my pride is reading, stay in pieces, in front of the antagonist, that my relationship with others was damaged, wow, if that was your goal, gratify the author for being proud every day! I think.
The breaking of expectations of an inherently bad supernatural, for the other as daimonic as us, although it confused me, surprised me a lot, as well as us, a murderer of supernaturals who can behave in the face of this diverse society, wanting nothing more. than pure revenge and cold, a sense of justice so… disgusting? To the point of wanting each supernatural to fall unconscious on our feet, no matter what their friendships, their affective bonds, how they behave in society, they want it in life, this destructive impulse… As damnable as the supernaturals who commit atrocities for humanity, you don’t seem to put a fixed “ethics” for us; on the contrary, our choices shape this to some extent; from sympathy for the supernatural to sickly hatred. Bright and scary work, if you ask me!

Summary

However, I don’t know how to express that, in the scene where we have to tell how we got to the city, something seemed to me… Out of place? If we choose a Mc hostile to the supernatural and they respond normally, even if it is a lie, probably someone with the capacity for conversations or observations would capture that, right? After all, Mc was literally showing signs of aggression and almost attacking, now he has become, albeit momentarily, a peaceful person, who holds back and usually answers questions. Also, even accepting a glass of water chasing your hosts seems at least strange… I hope I wasn’t rude! I’m sorry for anything.

(Forgive me English, it’s not my first language, I don’t know how to put the supposed MC in neutral pronouns, we don’t have it in Portuguese, sorry.)

2 Likes

@Ronald_Keliun Oh wow, that’s quite the compliment there ^^
I’m glad that’s the athmosphere that comes across!

As for the Mc’s behaviour:
I absolutely see what you mean and thanks for pointing it out! I already have an idea on how to fix that, that I might be able to use through the whole game :smiley:

It feels out of place because the option to lie was added in a later update and forgot about it until now x)

Thanks for the lovely review! <3

4 Likes