I’m tiranka and I’ve been lurking around for a while now.
I had the idea for this for some time already and finally managed to actually write a chunk of it down and now post it here, because knowing myself if I don’t do it now, I will chicken out later.
Please be aware that:
I’m not a native speaker. There are probably a ton of grammatical errors in there and you are very welcome to point them out to me.
I’m not a coder. I have no idea what I’m doing.
I’m about as sensitive as a rock, when it comes to most fiction, so please feel free to notify me if you want a content warning added to the beginning!
I’m looking forward to your thoughts and feedback
And now to the interesting stuff:
You are a hunter, as everyone in your family has been for generations. But what you hunt is much more dangerous than deer or bucks. You hunt the things that lurk in the darkness, the things others believe are merely myths and legends.
It’s all you ever knew, and all you ever did in your life. That is until you went after a demon that was a lot stronger than you anticipated.
Two years later you wake up in Maidenbrook, the unofficial capital of everything supernatural, of everything you have been taught to hunt down. Surrounded by supernatural beings and no idea what happened during the past few years you have to find a way to retrace your steps, while not ending up as prey yourself.
It seems the demon is not done with you yet.
- Play as male, female, non-binary, or trans.
- Play as gay, straight, bi, pan, or ace. Chose romance or go your own way.
- (Currently) Four romance options that are open for every gender.
- Choose your favored skill sets and pick a weapon of your choice. It’s a dangerous world out there!
- A good amount of supernatural beings, including but not restricted to demons, werewolves, and vampires.
- Chose to stick to tradition, or try to see the world with new eyes.
- Solve the mystery of your current predicament and maybe learn something about yourself in the process.
- A colorful set of characters, ranging from fellow hunters to supernatural beings, some more secretive than others.
- Sometimes disturbing descriptions (note the content warnings on the first page!)
Right now, I have four ROs to offer, two male and two female, though I might add some more if there is interest. All ROs can be romanced by any gender.
Elian (RO): A young man you get to meet as a slightly awkward but very kind person. It seems he has been living in Maidenbrook for several years now and is very close to parts of the supernatural community, while not being completely part of it.
Lupita “Lup” Vaquera (RO): A cheerful young woman who loves trouble almost as much as her pack. Being a born werewolf, she is part of the ‘Old Town’ pack. Despite this she doesn’t seem to care too much about getting too much involved in the local community outside of her pack.
Bas Reid (RO): A fellow hunter, who recently left his family behind to start anew. He is a charmer with a knack for witchcraft, much to the dismay of his family. Having only recently moved to Maidenbrook and being a hunter to boot, he is not the most popular person in the city.
Xiuying Zhou (RO): A so-called rogue; a hunter that wasn’t born into this lifestyle. Harsh and at first glance stand-offish, she is anything but happy to be stuck in a city full of supernaturals and even less so when she runs into you. Apparently you ran into her only a few months ago, under less than ideal circumstances.
Nasim: The owner of a local shop for witchcraft. Eccentric, playful, and curious are a few ways to describe the ancient being, that was luckily in a mood to help you. They seem to know everyone and have a seemingly endless supply of… everything. It may be good suppliers, or maybe it’s magic.
Veye: A member of the Council, the political elite of the supernatural community, not only in Maidenbrook but all over the world. You and your circumstances have piqued her interest just enough to offer you support. Calm and friendly, she is also known to be ruthless towards her enemies and ambitious in her endeavors. Sometimes calm waters are truly deep.
Theron “Theo” Callas: The alpha of the local pack and the owner of “The Den”, a bar that functions as his pack’s main meeting place. His face rarely gives anything away about his thoughts or emotions and he is generally a stoic and quiet character. Still, he seems very protective of his pack and a certain shop-owner.
All portraits were created by theifwerelost on tumblr. Please check them out they’re great!
- Cleaning up the stat screen
- Balancing the stats (maybe add another character stat?)
- Maybe an archive/ glossar, depends on feedback
- Chapter titles and general aesthetics
- Apr. 20: Edit chapter 1, reupload to include new title
- Apr. 20: Added a little varity to the end of chapter 1
- Apr. 20: Uploaded chapter 1
Current word count: 21981 words
- Apr. 20: Uploaded chapter 1