I’m tiranka and I’ve been lurking around for a while now.
I had the idea for this for some time already and finally managed to actually write a chunk of it down and now post it here, because knowing myself if I don’t do it now, I will chicken out later.
Please be aware that:
I’m not a native speaker. There are probably a ton of grammatical errors in there and you are very welcome to point them out to me.
I’m not a coder. I have no idea what I’m doing.
I’m about as sensitive as a rock, when it comes to most fiction, so please feel free to notify me if you want a content warning added to the beginning!
This is the first book of at least two parts, maybe three, depending on how much content I want/need to add. It was planned as one book in the beginning, but you know how those things tend to blow up
I’m looking forward to your thoughts and feedback
And now to the interesting stuff:
You are a hunter, as everyone in your family has been for generations. But what you hunt is much more dangerous than deer or bucks. You hunt the things that lurk in the darkness, the things others believe are merely myths and legends.
It’s all you ever knew, and all you ever did in your life. That is until you went after a demon that was a lot stronger than you anticipated.
Two years later, you wake up in Maidenbrook, the unofficial capital of everything supernatural, of everything you have been taught to hunt down. Surrounded by supernatural beings and no idea what happened during the past years, you try to retrace your steps and learn what the demon did to you. It’s is not an easy task as you try to navigate the supernatural society, which is just as wary of you, as you might be of them.
Whatever you do, remember, the demon is still out there, and it doesn’t seem to be done with you yet.
- Play as male, female, non-binary, or trans.
- Play as gay, straight, bi, pan, ace, or aro. Chose romance or go your own way.
- (Currently) Four romance options that are open for every gender. Two male, two female; one human, one supernatural each.
- Develop your favored skill sets and pick a weapon of your choice. It’s a dangerous world out there!
- A good amount of supernatural beings, including but not restricted to demons, werewolves, and vampires.
- Chose to stick to tradition or try to see the world with new eyes.
- Solve the mystery of your current predicament and the strangeness the demon left behind. Maybe you can learn something about yourself in the process.
- A colorful set of characters, ranging from fellow hunters to supernatural beings, some more secretive than others.
- Try to gain trust. Or lose it to see their reactions change.
- An unlockable archive. Or just look into it from the start (under construction)
- Try to contact your uncle! Maybe he and your family are your best bet in this whole mess.
- Sometimes disturbing descriptions (note the content warnings on the first page!)
Right now, I have four ROs to offer, two male and two female, though I might add some more if there is interest. All ROs can be romanced by any gender.
Bas Reid (RO): A fellow Hunter, who recently left his family behind to start anew. He is a charmer with a knack for witchcraft, much to the dismay of his family. Having only recently moved to Maidenbrook and being a Hunter to boot, he is not the most popular person in the city.
Elian Young (RO): A young man you get to meet as a slightly awkward but very kind person. It seems he has been living in Maidenbrook for several years now and is very close to parts of the supernatural community, while not being completely part of it.
Lupita “Lup” Vaquera (RO): A cheerful young woman who loves trouble almost as much as her pack. Being a born werewolf, she is part of the ‘Old Town’ pack. Despite this, she doesn’t seem to care too much about getting involved in the local community outside of her pack.
Xiuying Zhou (RO): A so-called Rogue, a Hunter that wasn’t born into this lifestyle. Harsh and at first glance stand-offish, she is anything but happy to be stuck in a city full of supernaturals and even less so when she runs into you.
Nasim: The owner of a local shop for witchcraft. Eccentric, playful, and curious are a few ways to describe the ancient being, which is luckily in a mood to help you. They seem to know everyone and have a seemingly endless supply of… everything.
Theodor “Theo” Cossini: The alpha of the local pack and the owner of “The Den,” a bar that functions as his pack’s main meeting place. His face rarely gives anything away about his thoughts or emotions, and he is generally a stoic and quiet character. Still, he seems very protective of his pack and a certain shop-owner.
Veye: A member of the Council, the political elite of the supernatural community, not only in Maidenbrook but all over the world. You and your circumstances have piqued her interest just enough to offer you support. Calm and friendly, she is also known to be ruthless towards her enemies and ambitious in her endeavors.
All portraits were created by theifwerelost on tumblr. Please check them out they’re great!
Extra Stories/ Snippets
Lupita Vaquera- Eleven Going on Twelve
Lupita Birthday short fic; ~1400 words
Bas Reid- Doubt Comes In
300 follower milestone short fic; ~1400 words
Nasim- If they were a RO
500+ words; undefined MC; they/them pronouns
Theo- If he was a RO
500+ words, undefined MC; he/him pronouns
Veye- If she was a RO
490+ words, undefined MC; she/her pronouns
Bas/Elian/MC- Poly example
360+ words of morning cuddles, undefinded MC, 2nd person
Lupita/Xiuying/MC- Poly example
490+ words, undefiened MC, second person
Elian Young- Egypt 1923
600 follower milestone on tumblr; ~1400 words
Backstory short; +1400 words
Halloween Special 2020
Spoilers; +1500 words
- Balancing the stats (maybe add another character stat?)
- Cleaning up the stat screen
- Chapter titles and general aesthetics
- Editing to clean up repetitions
- (Editing variables?)
- Sep. 20:
- Added Chapter 2: Xiuying’s route & interlude
- Added interlude to Bas’ route
- Rewrote Bas’ flirt option, for easier coding of preferences
- Rewrote the drink/don’t drink choice in chapter 1
- Deleted Lupita’s first flirt option, added a second one to Chapter 2, Xiuying path
- Added achievements for testing purposes
- Minor coding/ balancing fixes
- Changes to stat bar colors (not applicable to dashingdon)
- Jul. 20:
- Removed ‘Inventory’ from stats
- Added first draft of archive in stats
- Added ‘Trust’/ ‘Wariness’ stat in relationships
- Added visible Romance counter for relationships
- Added conditions to prologue & ch1
- Added choices to ch1
- Added part 1 of ch2 & Bas’ route
- Rewrote certain sections, wording & grammar in prologue & ch1
- Apr. 20: Edit chapter 1, reupload to include new title
- Apr. 20: Added a little varity to the end of chapter 1
- Apr. 20: Uploaded chapter 1
Play the Demo here!
You can also find me on Tumblr or Discord!
There you can also find a FAQ/ Info sheet you might find some answers there already.
If you feel like you have too much money, I do like coffee