The Hidden Sanctum by Dariel Ivalyen (Released!)

Thanks for continuing your game since I was worried about u scraping it because of issues with old character. I look forward to your next update

4 Likes

sorry i heve a Question will all the soul paths be implemented or only a faw in chapter 2 ?

1 Like

@pixie124 All five soul paths will be available in Chapter 2, and I hope I manage to have them ready for the December update. Iā€™ve been struggling with a lingering headache for the last few days, and because of that, I wrote 5k instead of 10k (the number I was going for). Still, I hope things get back to normal soon!

8 Likes

ok sorry if im annoying get better soon

3 Likes

Progress Update
I donā€™t normally post progress updates here, but since itā€™s more or less Christmas, I thought I might as well tell you where things currently stand.

Weā€™re somewhere in the middle of Chapter 2. The introduction to the path system is done, same with the scene that lets you pick your path. I also managed to write two small scenes that happen after your path event (one with Sky, one about MCā€™s dilemma).

As for the path events, I finished working on the second one today. Sun and Mind events are done, and I still need to write the remaining three (Sound, Ice, and Mischief).

As of today, Chapter 2 is about 19.5k words long, which puts the total wordcount at 80k.

Happy Holidays! :blush:

19 Likes

Awesome job man. Take a break and enjoy the holidays. This chapter is already an improvement from the old one even if itā€™s half done.

2 Likes

Changelog
December 31, 2021

• Added the first part of Chapter 2 (ca. 26k words, excluding code).
  • The above includes the first few scenes of Chapter 2, path events for three of the paths (Sun, Mind, and Ice), as well as a couple of small scenes that happen after those events. The last two events (Sound and Mischief) will be up next week.
  • Added some achievements (all hidden).
  • Added a few entries to the glossary.
  • Added the save system.
21 Likes

I love how the story flows together so well. Itā€™s a really unique concept and I love the Odyss scenes so far in particular. Very curious as to what heā€™s actually up to when he disappears. Sephtis is also a wee gem of a character. Sheā€™s just really intriguing.

I went with the ice path and so far so good, 2nd chapter flows just as well as the others.

I canā€™t wait to read more. Thank you for this little marvel of a story. :blush:

2 Likes

I wish we got the option to tell Odyss to screw himself or something the guyā€™s an ass and we have to play nice with him

7 Likes

@Hunter Thank you! Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the story, and even more so that you liked (more or less) the Ice path. I think itā€™s the story for this path (at least at this point) is the weakest out of the three that are available, so Iā€™m glad it doesnā€™t feel too bad.

@Kxng Thanks for the suggestion! Iā€™ll make sure to add some mean options. They wonā€™t include these particular words, as I prefer not to use strong language, but I will add sth.

@geldar I could make it possible to pick such an option (just for the sake of it), but it wonā€™t be possible to start a purely sexual relationship in the series. The MC can either develop a romantic relationship with one of the ROs, or they can become friends with them (both are valid), but I donā€™t plan on having hookup or fwb options.

Still, perhaps Iā€™m missing the point?

@geldar Iā€™m afraid I wonā€™t be able to do much about this, as this is a very specific issue that might make things a bit confusing for most players. I could change ā€œIā€™m not interested in romanceā€ to ā€œIā€™m not interested in romantic relationships,ā€ but I donā€™t think I can to more than that. Your MCā€™s orientation is never mentioned in the game, and this choice exists only to figure out which romances (romance paths, like in Baldurā€™s Gate, Dragon Age or Mass Effect) will be available to you. Itā€™s more about the ROs than it is about the MC.

1 Like

The sexuality choices donā€™t seem to have an option for aromantic, but not asexual people? Maybe there should be a ā€œnot interested in romanceā€ option that doesnā€™t disable relationships?

1 Like

@Dariel Aromantic doesnā€™t necessarily mean Iā€™m not interested in romantic relationships, nor does allosexual mean I want hookups or FWB situations (especially considering most alloromantic people are also allosexual). It means my attraction to someone isnā€™t based on romantic factors. Aromantic is a rather diverse spectrum. I suppose specifically Iā€™m cupioromantic (which is a spectrum in itself), but thatā€™s still on the aro spectrum.

I guess I can try saying I like men (which is true) and see what the relationship entails. It it just seemed odd to say not interested in romance = not interested in relationships.

1 Like

Changelog
January 5, 2022

• Added the Sound soul path event (ca. 5250 words, excluding code).
  • Corrected some typos in Chapter 2.

Edit: I changed the last soul path from Color to Mischief, and Iā€™m currently in the middle of writing the path event. Mischief was actually strongly associated with my ideas for this path, and I just decided to embrace it fully. In short, your MC will be able to give people good luck or cause them misfortune. Thereā€™s also a leprechaun involved! :blush:

Iā€™ll make sure to add a little bit of both.

17 Likes

im sorry if if this is a stupid question but for the Sound soul path will my mc be able to make Sound waves through their voice or just through their hands

1 Like

ā€œOch, you wouldnā€™t believe how involved I am!ā€

7 Likes

Changelog
January 8, 2022

• Added the Mischief soul path event (ca. 5700 words, excluding code).
  • All Chapter 2 path events are now present in the game.

Iā€™m going to take the next couple of days off, and then, Iā€™ll start working on the second part of Chapter 2. I hope to have it ready by the end of the month. This second part will add another 20-22k words to the chapter. (Iā€™m also going to add those mean and bold responses in your MCā€™s talks with Odyss.)

Hope you enjoy all the paths! :blush:

20 Likes

Changelog
January 15, 2022

• Added another two scenes: Sephtisā€™s power issues and a short conversation with Elena, Marco, and Odyss (ca. 7100 words, excluding code). The latter serves as an introduction to the next three scenes thatā€™ll come later this month.
  • Added a choice that lets you confront Odyss and his attitude. (Iā€™ll go back and add more bold/mean responses to earlier conversations, too.)
  • You can now use your sound power via singing in the scene with Sephtis.

The total word count is now at over 103k, which means weā€™re about 25% done. The first book is going to be more or less 400k words long (twice as long as Temple of Endless Night!). I still hope to have the whole thing done by the end of Summer 2022.

25 Likes

Changelog
January 29, 2022

• Added the rest of Chapter 2 (ca. 18.500 words).
  • Chapter 2 is done, and Iā€™m off to work on Chapter 3. In Chapter 3, weā€™ll be going on a little field trip with our ā€œmissingā€ theater teacher!
29 Likes

Ngl I am highkey jealous that we couldnā€™t death and Shadows as a path but otherwise I love it.

1 Like

Option 3 treats Sky as a male when sheā€™s female in this playthrough and other options get it correct.

Also I donā€™t know how but I got to 105% Playful and totally unserious.

2 Likes