The Hidden Sanctum by Dariel Ivalyen (Released!)

Changelog
September 28, 2022

• Added a revised version of Chapter 3.
  • Edits: Added a tiny mischief moment. It’s a different version of something that already happens in the chapter (near the portal). I just found it appropriate to add this as flavor.
  • Edits: Cut over 3500 words, mostly by rewriting paragraphs and making the dialogues less descriptive. They should feel more natural now.
  • Edits: Corrected countless typos.
24 Likes

Changelog
October 4, 2022

• Added a revised version of Chapter 4.
  • Edits: Cut over 4000 words, mostly by rewriting paragraphs and making the dialogues less descriptive (just like with the previous chapters). They should feel more natural now.

My next post will likely be about the closed beta! :yellow_heart:

21 Likes

Can’t wait to hear more info about the closed beta

3 Likes

Changelog
October 6, 2022

• Added a revised version of Chapter 5 to the alpha build.
  • Edits: Cut over 2500 words from Chapter 5.
  • Edits: Changed a small detail in the prologue (also in the demo). MC remembers that the Legion attacked 4 weeks ago, not 2. It makes more sense when you consider MC’s attitude.

I also wanted to tell you that I’ve just commissioned artwork for The Hidden Sanctum. When I say artwork, I’m referring to things you see in-game or when you want to buy the game. (logos, icons)

I skipped this step when I was working on Temple of Endless Night, and it was definitely a mistake on my part. This time, I want to do things right, and so here we are.

Changelog
October 8, 2022

• Added a revised version of Chapter 6 to the alpha build.
  • Edits: Cut over 1700 words from Chapter 6.
  • Edits: Fixed an issue in Chapter 6 that made it impossible for people who saw MJ in Ch3 to have it acknowledged at the end of Ch6.

Changelog
October 10, 2022

• Added a revised version of Chapter 7 to the alpha build.
  • Edits: Cut over 800 words from Chapter 7.
  • Edits: Deleted a redundant variable (Sephtis & the mummy).
20 Likes

CLOSED BETA
I’ve just finished editing Chapter 7, and since Chapters 8-10 are already edited, this means I’m done with this line of edits and (more or less) ready to start the closed beta. The closed beta will begin this Sunday (October 16), and it will last for exactly three weeks (till November 6).

There are ten spots available, and in order to become one of the beta testers, you only need to say so below. Please, do remember that taking part in the closed beta means sending back feedback.

What kind of feedback will be useful?
I like getting precise feedback. Thing A seems to be missing in choice B. Dialogue A feels dry because of character A or B. This is the type of feedback that ends up helping me the most.

SPOTS

1. @Royrin Thank you! :yellow_heart:
  2. @Dushyanth_B.H (Not a problem!) Thank you! :yellow_heart:
  3. @Tty_R Thank you! :yellow_heart:
  4. @Harlequinalis Thank you! :yellow_heart:
  5. @anon86979181 Thank you! :yellow_heart:
  6. ?
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. @quartz (Potentially!) Thank you! :yellow_heart:
  10. unithecorn :yellow_heart:
13 Likes

I’m up for it I’ve beta tested games before been a month or two since my last one

1 Like

If you don’t fill all the slots by the end of the sign up period, count me in. I can’t promise I’ll be able to finish the game in 3 weeks, but I’ll go through a good chunk of it and definetely send you feedback.

I can easily spot potential bugs if you are hosting the beta on dashingdon or somewhere where the code is accesible.

1 Like

Never actually done this before, but count me in if having a newbie ain’t a problem

1 Like

I haven’t had the opportunity to do this before but I’m great at spotting things that don’t seem right or any unnoticed mistakes.I have a lot of free time which makes it able for me to spend more time finding mistakes or bugs.

1 Like

I’ve beta tested a few times before, if there are slots still open, I’d be down for it.

1 Like

I would like to help if it’s still available. I have beta tested before and quite enjoy it.

1 Like

Changelog
October 14, 2022

• Changed the font in the chapter headers.

Also, there are still THREE SPOTS for the closed beta available!

The closed beta has begun, and it will last until November 6, 2022.

November 2022
I added one of the art files commissioned for the game to the main post (credits under the new credits tag). It replaced the free art file I was using before.
The closed beta is over, and I’m currently in the middle of the last round of edits before submission. :yellow_heart:

10 Likes

I submitted The Hidden Sanctum to Hosted Games.

Thank you all for joining me on this journey! :yellow_heart:

35 Likes

Looking forward to your story being reviewed and published. Can’t wait to purchase it and play the whole way through.

2 Likes

I’ve just got to the part where I get to pick my unique trait and the eye colour one doesn’t have the big impact it should as my MC already has golden eyes so them changing to that colour doesn’t make me go whoo. :sweat_smile:

Also, I left my room because I wanted to see my MC’s RO and they didn’t react to me physically changing at all neither did anyone else when I saw them the next day. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Congratulations. I will get this state of the art wip when it comes out

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.

The Hidden Sanctum is out!

You can find the links here. I hope you enjoy the game! :yellow_heart:

20 Likes

Congrats @Dariel! — for some reason this was not on my radar for release today

2 Likes