The Hidden Sanctum by Dariel Ivalyen (Released!)

@Dariel lol don’t know why but have this desire to not use the diary even though half to from looks at it so far. Been a while since played earlier demos so just now getting to the updated demo and loving it so far. :smiley:

2 Likes

@Gapaot Thank you for playing and sending me the screenshots! I’ll make sure to fix the pronoun issue. Not sure how you managed to get this playful, but I’ll see if there are any coding problems that could be causing this.

@Valixon Thank you, thank you! I’m glad you like the new content. :blush:

1 Like

Wild guess, but it may be of Mischief path as I’ve already had 95-100 Playful even before picking it

2 Likes

@Dariel on a side note concerning the playful stat going over 100 % I got the same thing for the kind stat before finishing the current demo end point.

2 Likes

@Gapaot @Valixon I think I already know how to fix it. Since it’s not a game-breaking bug, I’ll just add the fix to the next update. Thanks again for your help!

4 Likes

Since there’ll likely be a content update at the end of this week, I thought I could run a quick poll to see how you guys like the NPCs. I’d also like to run one about the powers, but I might leave that one for later. Perhaps next week?

To vote, simply pick three names! :blush:

• Odyss
  • Elena
  • Marco
  • Sky
  • Sephtis
  • Minjoon
  • The Oracle

0 voters

Edit: Thank you for all your votes! I’ll leave the poll open for now.

3 Likes

Changelog
February 12, 2022

• Added the first part of Chapter 3 (ca. 15.000 words). You can finally meet your theater teacher and go on that trip I mentioned earlier. You can also speak with Odyss, Elena, Marco, Sephtis, and Sky about the idea of human nature.
  • Tell me if you feel like there might be some lines or paragraphs missing in Chapter 3! I haven’t noticed anything, but you never know.

Edit: The second part of Chapter 3 is going to finally bring some action!

Edit 2: I added a new category to the main post (Character Art). The first three portraits (Sephtis, Elena, and Odyss) are already there, so feel free to check them out. The others will come in the following days (some will come next month).
They were all made using Artbreeder.

26 Likes

Changelog
March 3, 2022

• Added the second part of Chapter 3 (ca. 20.000 words).
  • Added a new scene in Chapter 1 that lets you customize your room (ca. 1700 words).
  • If you want to ask about the thing that happens at the end of Chapter 3, please, mark your question as a spoiler.

Edit: I tried to fix those stats going over 100 and below 0, and the current version should be okay in that regard, but I may be wrong. If the issue still exists, please leave a comment, and I’ll try to figure it out.

25 Likes

Looks like I have a found new gem to add to my growing treasure chest of bookmarks! :gem: The story is really good. I especially like the part where we get to choose your own powers and the part where Odyss’s powers are connected in some way if you choose the path of the sun. Maybe because the light from the sun is what illuminates the moon :thinking: I have a question, Author-san, in your opinion, which power is the strongest? Thanks, Author-san! :blush:

5 Likes

@ValentineAmour Thank you for your kind words! I’m glad you’re enjoying the story, and I’m very happy to hear that you like the soul path system. If you think about it, this system is probably the most unique part of the game, so it’s good to hear that it’s enjoyable.

As for Odyss, your understanding is on point, and I can even tell you that this connection is going to be explored in the second part of the first book. Well, you won’t need to explore it, especially if you don’t pick the Sun as your power, but the storyline will be there.

I think the powers are mostly equal in terms of strength, but some of them will, obviously, be more or less useful in certain situations. For example, the Mind power may appear more often in the general scenes because it can be used to read someone’s thoughts.

As for me, I’d say the Sun is my favorite, but that’s simply because I love Egypt and Ra.

Once again, thank you for your comments! :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you for answering my question! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am really impressed by your work :heart:

1 Like

hi its me again hopefully you are not sick of me yet but will the character creation include being able to choose how our powers to appear on mc body right away or have you
decided to save thet for the 2 lavel of the power also hope you are well

2 Likes

@pixie124 Come on, now. Why would I be sick of you? I’m thrilled to know that there are people who are interested enough in this game that they want to ask questions about it! :blush:

As for character customization, I’m going to add two physical appearance choices to one of the the earlier chapters (eye and hair color), but unique, path-related features (like tattoos) will come in Chapter 4, during solitary training. I think it makes more sense that way, and it’s even mentioned by Sky and the Oracle at the beginning of Chapter 4.

It’s possible that I wasn’t clear on this, but your MCs’ powers will “level up” in Chapter 4.

@rialta I’m glad to hear that you like the game! As for this issue you describe, I’ll have a look at the code, but I’m honestly not sure what could be causing this. Perhaps it’s because the most recent update added things to Chapter 1? Maybe it broke later saves?

Thank you for clarifying! It helps a lot.

8 Likes

I love Sanctum but i’ve a problem. Sometimes, when i load my save, relationship stats appear… And i must restart the game.

1 Like

Known dashingdon problem. Just don’t save on the stats screen or right after looking at the stats screen.

3 Likes

oh ok i will be careful. thanks you for the tip.

1 Like

Changelog
March 12, 2022

• Added the first part of Chapter 4 (ca. 11.000 words).
  • Important for Minjoon’s romance: If you want to romance Minjoon, you need to stay as long as possible at the end of Chapter 3 and then, in Chapter 4, when you get the option to confront him, you have to pick romantic answers. Otherwise, he won’t trust you in the long run.
  • The next update will bring new path scenes!

Edit: I changed some things in the main post (description and features).

25 Likes

Hello! First playing this wip and you have me interesting. The concept of mischievous power is really fun and original. I really like the fact that I had the possibility to talk with all my friend who are all very unique :blush:.i’m waiting for the next eagerly.
Have a good day !

1 Like

Changelog
March 31, 2022

• Added four path events to Chapter 4. Sun, Mind, Mischief, and Sound are already done, and Ice will be added in early April. (ca. 25.000 words, excluding code).
  • Fixed a bug in Chapter 2. When your MC was helping Odyss unlock his power, it was only possible to see the end of the scene if your MC was on the Sun path. Now, all other paths have their own versions of the second part of that scene.
  • Fixed some typos and deleted unnecessary commas across the game.

Also, Patreon for The Hidden Sanctum, The Alchemist, and (at some point in the future) for Chronicles of Sekherion is launching tomorrow. I’ll make sure to add the link to the main post when it’s up!

Patreon will include many different types of content, such as polls, lore posts, Twine short stories (in some of them, you’ll get to play as your MC, while in others, you’ll be playing as other characters from the main game), and personalized short stories. It will also give you access to the Alpha Build of The Hidden Sanctum, including to Chapters 5-10.

In the first Twine short story (April 1), you’ll get to play as Sky and experience what happened to them and to Odyss in the hours leading up to when they found you in the prologue of The Hidden Sanctum.

25 Likes

It’s too bad about the ice path but I will enjoy the others while u prep it. Make it a good one

1 Like