The Hidden Courts (Last update 18.1.2021)

The Hidden Courts is my heavily work in progress choicescript game.
You play as the child of a lord of a small court of Fae and travel to the king’s court to learn your own path; that of a mage, a warrior, a trader or a commander.
Either serve the king in right or wrong or come to betray him and see how you fare against the ancient rulers god like powers.
So far it offers the following:

• Gender options: male, female or enter your own
  • A choice of one of four paths, which will only have a light impact on story and act as your main way of choosing which stat to advance
    What I intend to add in the future:
  • Multiple romance options
  • A story about fighting angels and demons, while gathering power and managing your life at court

You can play what I have available so far here: https://dashingdon.com/play/oscar/the-hidden-courts/mygame/
I would appreciate any feedback on typos, grammar, continuity and anything else you have to say
I am open to suggestions regarding things to add to the story, but I would ask that you respect that in the end the story is mine and I will be creating a majority of it’s outline myself

Last update

Small update, I debated whether to even change the date on the title, but I figured why not
Most notable addition is that you now have the opportunity to punch Ariana if you find her annoying, or just want to indulge her.
(Does that need a warning? I feel like that needs to come packaged with a warning)

This thread consist mostly of me rambling to myself, but anyone is welcome to join my ramblings.

139 Likes

I really liked it so far. if you can elaborate on how the place we live in looks, our kingdom, the type of world we live in and can the other races wield the power??

4 Likes

I agree. I think it’ll be better to get those details

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! Rest assured I will work on a more detailed description of the Fae kingdom for you, if you take a new look at the available demo you may see that I have added an answer to one of your questions.

2 Likes

Hey don’t mean to nitpick, but when I select that I’m female, besides a few references as such from my father, everyone else refers to me as male.

1 Like

Thank you for telling me, I found two instances in which the player character is refered to as male regardless of gender choices. If anymore instances arise, don’t hesitate to let me know.

2 Likes

Cool demo :slightly_smiling_face: My MC is up to any task hopefully, I choose the warrior’s path, however I also feel like making another character with Mage’s path.

1 Like

I’m glad you enjoyed it, and I’m sure your mighty warrior will pass any challenge I throw at them. I do hope you come back to see their full potential.

3 Likes

Sure thing! Though if it’s not a trouble, could you please make changes to your thread titles every time there’s an update? It’s just sometimes it’s hard to track demo updates, and I would like to keep playing this one and see how it progresses.

2 Likes

In the future that won’t be a problem, but as I am new to the forum it will be a while longer before I can edit my posts. And even if I could, currently I am updating the game multiple times a day, most of these updates are small, but they are released often. As soon as the updates get more meaningful I’ll be sure to update my progress in the title. As for now just enjoy the prologue and the first chapter, and I hope you have a good day.

4 Likes

It’s no problem. Also, thank you and have a good day too! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One of the things I think is most important in a story or game like this is does the logic of the world make sense, and this story does an AWESOME job of it.

2 Likes

Thank you, the concept of the Hidden Courts is something I have been figuring out for quite a while now, despite having only just started developing the actual game.

I enjoyed this demo. Great job.

1 Like

Alright boys, girls and the rest. We’ve made it to the first court, through our first fight. And it’s just getting started. We’re gonna be meeting someone soon. Just remember, don’t let her down and don’t fail her.

2 Likes

I’m having trouble designing the king and his throne room.
You should definitely be frightened of whatever I end up creating.

4 Likes

You may see me babbling on down here to myself, this is for multiple reasons, one of which is that I simply like to talk about what little bit of a creative process I can manage. Another reason is that activity on this thread makes it show on the top of the forums for a moment, and I’m hoping more people will stumble in.
So mostly, don’t mind me, if you have something to say well I’ll be here

4 Likes

Why did I put a wolf in your house you ask? Because she’s cute that’s why

5 Likes

Really good can’t wait for more

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it.