The Hero Deserved - a spoof on caped comic book capers (WIP, last update 10 February 2016)

1. Is the game is not fun to play for you? If so, what would make it fun? Peppering it with jokes, I fear, is the way I write and what action there will be, it will be not only light but quite light-hearted too. Crime-fighting is not really the focus of this, more a backdrop, much like Goddam Metropolis. :blush:

2. Thank you. I was not born into it as a native speaker, so I sadly lack the deeper grasp bestowed with that - so many nuances will for ever be beyond me - but I did grow up reading and writing it. Mostly I end up butcher plurals and pull out sentence structures from places best not named, such as hats. :pensive:

3. Glad you like that choice, I actually found myself having to hold back. Same with variants of your crime-fighting persona. It will become clearer as you play, indubitably. :grin:

4. The focus is your character, really. It may become clearer with the next act, possibly. Overall, it will not even be a mile long, so mileage is not that crucial - rather, amusing the player is. My aim is not to provide any new insights or brood over the universe, try to emulate one Batman or another or even be overly coherent - apart from within its own little world. But in the end, to make you laugh or at least feel a twinge around the corners of your mouth (preferable upward). If it is forgotten five minutes later matters not to me, for sometimes a chuckle can transform your day. :slightly_smiling:

5. Ah, I see the smoking gun there. Although I have this sinking feeling those cigarettes went out with the rising tide since the boat literally pulled the figurative plug on itself. :neutral_face:

Oh, forgot to say thanks for the feedback. :blush:

Ready? All right. Thanks for the feedback. :grin: There, I gone and done it now. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

This sounds fun! Batman really needs a goofier take on him lol.

1 Like

7 Likes

That is one archetype in my game, yes. :wink:

1 Like

I like it seem interesting so far keep up the good work

1 Like

Will do, thanks. :blush:

Hopefully I will get stuff together soon for an update, biggest obstacle is getting things together in code, all those (and itā€™s a simple game!) variables! :sweat_smile:

Flowcharts and notes on paper, I need to get better organised. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Reading through this again is just as funny as it was initially. :smiley: I want to choose every option just so I donā€™t miss any of the jokes! If I do, would you want a list of any typos, or whatnot, that I find? Or are you just focusing on getting the game written, at this point?

Any and all feedback is welcome. Putting together Act Two [ stomps on the code ] or at least trying to. :sweat_smile: (I do need to get better organisedā€¦)

So typos are welcome andā€¦ uhā€¦ No, reports on typos are welcome! We must hunt them all down with impunity and imp theirā€¦ unity? :neutral_face: Tyops, mistakens grammar, sentence bad structure - one and all, no rimination of this disc! :grin:

Thank you. :blush:

3 Likes

Okay! No mercy shown. Here is the list. I tried to keep them in order of appearance, more or less.

ā€œNo sooner have it fallen before you throw your head back and cry outā€¦ā€

The silence has fallen.

ā€œā€¦a playing card. It lands at your feet, colour-side up. A joker. You did wonder where that thing went after you latest attempt at a card trick. Jesterwoman!ā€

Should be your.

ā€œWith a loud bang followed by a veritable avalanche of books the shelf stops, having revealed the secret entrance behind in.ā€

I think you meant behind it, instead of in?

ā€œGood old James, what would you do without him.ā€

This should end in a question mark?

ā€œYour custom-making company sure do deliver these custom made thingsā€¦ā€

Your company sure does.

ā€œA minute pass.ā€

A minute passes.

ā€œThey scatter like scattring thingsā€¦ā€

Scattering.

ā€œYou nearly start to think the news are lying when they name Goddam as the nations most crime-ridden city.ā€

ā€¦as the nationā€™sā€¦

ā€œGoddam really have long ladders.ā€

Goddam really hasā€¦

ā€œā€¦and then there were anything but silenceā€

And then, there wasā€¦

ā€œThe side of your tank are a bitā€¦ crunkled now.ā€

The sides of your tank.

ā€œAround each side of the van several bewildered faces at looking at yourā€¦ā€

Are.

ā€œGo without your [insert tank name] and jump over the can because you canā€™t wait to get into action!ā€

I believe weā€™re jumping over a van here. Although a can would be much easier.

ā€œBefore you have a chance to do much of anything, the back doors of the van movesā€¦ā€

The back doors move.

ā€œWith a flashy somersault you land amidst your unsuspecting pray.ā€

Right sound, wrong spelling. Prey is what you meant.

"There you are, flying like some weird alien from a distant planet - that still somehow to look like a perfectly normal human despite the odds of that being ludicrously astronomical. "

Sounds like you have a word missing. ā€˜ā€¦that still somehow manages to lookā€¦ā€™ Or ā€˜ā€¦that still somehow looks likeā€¦ā€™

And, thatā€™s all I found! :slight_smile: Hope this is more helpful than confusingā€¦

1 Like

@Taylor_Enean I sometimes visit this thread just to see your replies , they are too funny (much like the game) !

^-^

2 Likes

A-ha, so you havenā€™t found all the, uh, Easter eggs yet. Yeah, Easter eggs. Ahem. :neutral_face:

Much obliged for that thorough report. I tend to change sentences around as I write and am quite skilled at messing up grammar that way. You should try it sometimes, positively endless fun to be had. :grinning:

Ooo too funny, hmmmmā€¦ Should I tone it down a bit? The whole ā€˜think of the children, the future and the climate,ā€™ kind of deal? :sweat_smile:

I sometime suspect my funny bone is oversized in comparison to the rest of my skeleton. I can feel it in my bones sometimes - especially when they all are giggling inanely. :flushed: It tickles. :blush:

3 Likes

Tā€™is why I enjoy her PMs so much. Weā€™ve had giggles since my birthday :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Glad I sent that happy birthday PM then. :grin: Giggling good. Grodd get good giggle? Grodd go good. Giggle power! :grinning:

Too much? :neutral_face: Tough. :expressionless:

Back to kicking the code - or rather, trying to remember what variable I used where and not forget or misspell or invent new ones. :fearful: Canā€™t wait until I make a full sized game. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just a heads-up here, so you folks know what is happening. Or mostly, what is not happening. :open_mouth:

Due to numerous IRL reasons I have had few chances to sit down and work on this, so it is very slow going. We shall see how things go with the IRL stuff, I might be offline later for X amount of time. Unfortunately away from the keyboard too. :unamused:

I am not giving up on this, accursed coding fighting me all the while aside, but it will take quite a bit longer than I hoped for before I can update, sorry about that. :sweat:

But it will return with a vengeance and an extra large side-serving of bad puns and jokes. :grin:

10 Likes

I donā€™t care how many sheep I have to count waiting for this game, itā€™s worth it ! (But please do hurry :sweat_smile:)

I like trains.

3 Likes

Oh noes! :scream: [ TOOOOOOT! ]

_________ ___________________ ___________________ _____
 # #  # H|H # #  # # # #  # H|H # #  # # # #  # H|H # #  
------oo-^-oo-------------oo-^-oo-------------oo-^-oo--

:confounded:

Thank you, though. All of you who posted here, as well. I shanā€™t let you down. :blush:

4 Likes

HOLY FEROVIARY JESUS , TRAIN PIXEL ART :heart_eyes:

Also no problem , I freking love this thread/game ! :smile: (Belive it or not , I almost wrote train instead of thread :laughing:)

2 Likes

Thatā€™d been a wreck. :neutral_face: Anyhow, hopefully after next week I may know a bit more and possibly suffer less stress (my tummy is not enjoying it at all). Iā€™ll post to let you all know then. Might go under the knife, though that may take a while with queues and such. :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Can you put a date up so we know when itā€™s been updated

Sure thing.

Not sure how it helps, but there you go. :blush:

ā€¦

ā€¦or did you mean like edit the thread title with the last modified date? :hushed:

13 Likes