The Haze Under Windbrooke

The game is out on the App Store now

1 Like

Not much romance either. I got like maybe two flirting scenes with Rita when I was trying for her. And the ending pretty much said I saw her around once in a while which is a disappointing ending.

2 Likes

What a shame, I had high hopes for this one after the Vampire House.
I think I will skip this one.

2 Likes

Donā€™t get me wrong though. This is a good story but in my opinion, the romances could had been expanded more. Like maybe actually going on that date with the girl from the Union after the guy from the Union basically set us up on a date at the mall.

1 Like

I have a buy button but somethingā€™s blocking.

The one at the end of the demo worked but if this is no good at least it was just 2 bucks.

Do this game have choices? Because so far is fake choice , page break fake choice page_break page_break page_break and tell me how i am feeling continuously. Probably the worst demo I have ever read in years. It has no control no choicesā€¦ Still I give the five stars for support but I wonā€™t buy this .

3 Likes

Just played the game.

What the heck happend

There so few choices. And half of them are fake choices too! 3/4 of the game is nothing but page breaks and itā€™s more a book then a game. Romance options are less then one scene, or donā€™t even happen at all. The factions are set in stone and the protagonist canā€™t deviate from the path at all. The protagonistā€™s personality is completely non choosable, they are a little coward when a large amount of us would have been at least slightly braver. They are more of a coward then SHINJI. They gets multiple clues and even being told to their face that believing makes you stronger and they donā€™t even try this till halfway through the story. The sword and bow levels are completely bs, the magic isnā€™t even shown on the stat screen.

And the worst part, after all this. Is that the just GOES ALL BACK TO NORMAL

NO, WE SAW AN ANGEL, TRAVELD THROUGH DINENSIONS, BECAME A VAMPIRE OR WEREWOLF AND DEFEATED NIGHTMARE MONSTERS. YOU DONT JUST GO BACK TO EVERY DAY LIFE AFTER THAT

Iā€™m sorry, I really I am. This game had so much potential but it just becomes a mind numbing trip with no choice.

10 Likes

I havenā€™t bought this but I didnā€™t have high hopes for the romance even before reading the comments since in the first game my mc went with the demon boy and only got one kiss at the end! No flirting whatsoever and mc actually had to buy an outfit to get his ending? Sorry but thatā€™s just dumb

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad to see Iā€™m not the only one who disliked/hated this game.

I was excited for it, Vampire House wasnā€™t spectacular but it was nice. This game is just hollow and sadā€¦

The only redeeming quality about this game, in my opinion, is the original concept, but it couldā€™ve been so much better. Not to mention the horrible amount of grammatical errors. Did this game go through beta testing at all?

I hate myself for spending money on this instead of waiting to read the reviews.

4 Likes

So Iā€™ve been playing the demo, and went the vampire path. When speaking with Rita, my MC gave his complete story.

Later when you see the flashback with Rita, and her boss. It should have occurred to the MC, maybe I shouldnā€™t have told her about the hazeā€¦ Though from what Iā€™ve read after that point. It never comes up, and is just lost to the nether.

Does that change in the final version? If not, meh. I am still going to purchase it, to support the platform, and whatnot. As to the convoluted strictures to get just a chance, at a flirtatious scene.

So openly being a vamp, youā€™re not allowed to romance Rita. Even though you share a meal with her at the house. Instead obfuscate the truth with Raven, and poof magically you can now romance Rita somehowā€¦

2 Likes

What you saw in the demo is what you will see in the full release

5 Likes

Not even a romance.
ā€œHey I like you.ā€
ā€œI like you to.ā€
ā€œByeā€
ā€œByeā€

One random flirt scene.

Game ends.

11 Likes

Well thanks for letting me know, I guess my MC is flying solo then. Not worth the effort.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s goes for all of then basically I think. Maybe Joan is different probably not since you set your orientation almost the end of the game.

3 Likes

This is strange with respect to the different of ā€œstyleā€ between Vampire House and Haze, in Vampire House , there exist a kindle spirit within the story telling in which the inner feeling and struggle of the romance options had made those characters so adorable , Vampire House had those old fashion ā€œfeel good disney storyā€ that made me ā€œtouchedā€ with them , i admit that it may not be the best interaction fiction but it had unique style of its own

Haze seems lost the spark of Vampire House

10 Likes

Whaa?..
Is that even possible?!

But seriously, so sad. Vampire House was overall pleasant experience, even if I wasnā€™t big fun of how MCā€™s outfit influenced thingsā€¦

I agree with the others here - i liked the basic concept, but this ā€œgameā€ is basically just a book, thereā€™s virtually no interaction or choices - the MC takes all the important choices without reference to you, so I felt rail-roaded. The stats are basically just a binary choice between bow & sword, which seems to make only a minor difference to the plotā€¦

I normally just buy everything straight off the bat as so far each game Iā€™ve played has been worth the relatively small price. I shall be more careful in future.

I had actually downloaded the game, but refrained from buying it because I wasnā€™t exactly too hyped for this (wasnā€™t a big fan of Vampire House either). Now that Iā€™ve read some of the reviews, the general consensus seems to lean towards the negative, and I think Iā€™ll hold until someone who actually liked the game puts forth some good points in itā€™s favour.

3 Likes

Hi. Does anyone knows how I could get an ending with Elrin? (Romance Elrin)

1 Like

thereā€™s no romance aspect to this game just a random flirt scene