The Harbinger's Head (AVAILABLE NOW!) *UPDATED 07-19-2018*

The Harbinger’s Head is an upcoming fantasy/horror game set in a myth-infested 1820s Ireland. One dark (if not particularly stormy) night, you find yourself face to face with a frightening visage—or lack thereof. Though shaped like a man, the creature you’ve encountered lacks a head. Worse, he seems to think you might be the one to blame. It’s up to you to prove your innocence and discover the true thief before your own head winds up on the chopping block.

• Choose your own name, gender (female, male, or neutral), and profession

• Shape your personality and build your skills through the choices you make, or trust your luck—at your own peril

• Make friends (or enemies) of the various Fae creatures you’ll encounter along the way

• Discover one of the 8 “true” endings—or meet an untimely death

• Remember: believing is Seeing!

:four_leaf_clover: UPDATE 07/19/2018: As of today, The Harbinger’s Head is officially live and available for purchase through Steam and major app stores. Thank you so much to everyone for your patience and your support! Here’s the link to the official CoG announcement–we should see a proper page for it go live soon, and I’ll be updating my own website and social media channels asap. Cheers! Or, as they say in Ireland, sláinte! :clinking_glasses:

77 Likes

SHORT? That’s not short at all!

A dullahan? (20 characters)

1 Like

Did you get harbinger from mass effect

Haha, well, short compared to the minimum word count for Choice Of label games and the contest, anyway :wink:

Maybe :smiley:

I’ve never played Mass Effect (yet!) so I’m afraid not. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A nice stealthy surprise. This is an optimum time to get a HG title out if you can manage it, as the contest has left the crop of upcoming titles slimmer than usual.

2 Likes

It sounds interesting so far. And like @Dankman, I also thought of a Dullahan when I was reading the description of the creature!

1 Like

Oh man! Mass Effect 2 or 3 is where you can romance your team members! :smiley:

I didn’t know that was the official name for the headless rider’s name.

In Ireland it is… I don’t know about in other places… hmm, maybe it’s Scotland and not Ireland? Sadly I always get the two countries mixed up :sweat_smile:

I think the dullahan (a type of fae/faery if i recall correctly) is from Ireland. Makes sense if our headless friend is one.

But then again, it could just be a ghost like the headless horseman in the sleepy hollow stories

1 Like

Did some final testing today, ran EVERYTHING through a spell check, tweaked things here or there, and finally–FINALLY–a beta version of the full game is uploaded and ready to play.

Thank you so much to everyone who has expressed interest in my game so far. I hope you have the chance to check it out and let me know what you think! <3

2 Likes

Technically he was a Dullahan. I think the reason he wasn’t called that is because of cultural differences. But if you think about it, they are basically the same… or, I might be wrong…

1 Like

I mean… I never heard of Dullahan until now. Here, we would call it as “The Headless Rider” more then the Dullahan… are they different from another based on cultural differeneces?

Happy Halloween… to anyone who celebrate Halloween! I hope you all have a safe and fun night/day. :>

2 Likes

@Umbreonpanda As far as I can tell, the only difference between them is the names, which is why I said that the Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow is technically a Dullahan. When I used the word “cultural differences” I meant that they had different names because of the country they were from. But, like I also said, I’m not an expert. For all I know, there’s something else that might make them different.

1 Like

I went down with the dullahan’s route and holy crap, this is just… so wonderful.

2 Likes

I also ended up playing the dullahan route. I loved this so much, not gonna lie. I really like how his character was portrayed, without the use of actual dialogue, and I enjoyed that ending as well. I’ll check out the other paths in the morning but I look forward to seeing the other endings. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What a gem; I genuinely wish this story was just a little longer, couldn’t get enough. I may have simply missed it, but what was the story behind the dullahan loosing his head?

4 Likes

Gem of a story! Hope to read more of you soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, if you have play the dullahan’s route… it does show the story behind it.

1 Like

I think they mean originally how did he become a dullahan, right? Not how the head was stolen…I would have been interested in a background story as well. I’ll admit I was shipping my character with the dullahan, just a little. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes