The Grim and I by Thom Baylay

Ah! that was great! Is death romanceable too? Just wondering.

4 Likes

While we’re waiting for the release of The Grim and I, I was wondering which forms of the Grim Reaper were proving to be the most popular. Who have you chosen to guide you to the Other Side? [Multiple choices allowed :slight_smile: ]

If you haven’t tried the demo yet, this choice happens in Chapter 2 :blush:

• The Grim Reaper
  • Anubis
  • Brynhildr
  • Charon
  • Daena
  • Gwyn ap Nudd
  • Ixtab
  • Jizo-sama
  • Muut
  • Papa Ghede
  • St Michael
  • Vanth
  • Yama
  • A celebrity
  • A dog
  • A cat

0 voters

4 Likes

Ohh la la! Brynhildr my baby is in the lead! :heart_eyes:

Or was :smirk:

3 Likes

I’m a sucker for canine companion in games so I just HAD to make the grim reaper become a dog (though I imagine it more like a big wolf) I wished there were a choice for raven/crow form as well but I’m not complaining since there are so many choices already. :smile:

Also one time I tried the demo with the grim reaper transforming into Chris Evans and I can’t stop laughing the entire demo. :joy:

7 Likes

That’s funny! I was genuinely thinking of adding a crow option to the animal category as they have strong connections to the afterlife in Asian and European lore. Maybe I’ll sneak it in as an update once the full version has been released :wink:

Tragically there are still so many other great psychopomps I did not have time to include but I might look into adding them as well at a later date. I want the list of options to be as comprehensive and representative as possible.

Hopefully it won’t be too long until we get a release date. I’ll be sure to let you all know as soon as I do!!

T x

5 Likes

Is there any romance in, this game just wondering?

4 Likes

I see we’re already getting a release date on the forum announcement post?? I’m so excited for August 16th! :clap:

2 Likes

It’s been a long while since I played it, but I think you can romance the Grim somewhat? I remember reading about it somewhere. There’s also your spouse, so there’s an established relationship.

Well, I suppose past tense makes more sense.

There was an established relationship.

5 Likes

So I’ve just notices that on the “Hosted Games Releases” page, the release date has been changed to “Releasing August” from “Releasing August 16th.”

What’s the matter with that? Is it delayed?

2 Likes

There was a game that was supposed to come out before, but had to be delayed. Thats being released this week instead.

3 Likes

So when is this going to be released? Was really looking forward to this.

3 Likes

No news yet. Please be patient. Just check on the pinned thread once in a while for an update.

3 Likes

Any updates guys? Or is this going to be pushed to the next “release window” or whatever it is?

2 Likes

Hi all,

I’m sorry that I can’t give more information as to the release date of this title but rest assured that as soon as I know, you’ll know :smiley:

Death never comes when you expect him, anyway! :skull::candle::chains::coffin:

T x

16 Likes

Everyone else here, including authors, gets the same info as you do.

5 Likes

Any news on whats happening with the release date?

2 Likes

None. I understand it’s frustrating, I experienced it before. :joy: But patience is key. :smile:

3 Likes

Wayhaven memories intensified… :tired_face:

5 Likes

Just tried the demo, love it! The options for what your Grim Reaper looks like are impressive, though no hot goth girl DC/Vertigo Death makes me sad. :yum:

http://mimg.ugo.com/201007/53286/ugo-death.jpg

8 Likes

New Release date is September 13th! Thank you everyone for all your support and patience.
The Grim and I are most grateful :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In the meantime, let’s have another poll.
Just for fun, which vice do you think is going to be your biggest?

• Ambition
  • Fear
  • Love
  • Rage

0 voters

Have a great day and I’ll see you all again soon! :smiley:
T x

8 Likes