The Grim and I by Thom Baylay

I keep checking to see if the game is out yet? No luck so far😟

5 Likes

Estimated time for its release is Sept 27

3 Likes

Yeah I know, just keep hoping for an early release. They’ve done it before with other games.

5 Likes

Agreed

3 Likes

In all fairness it’s already 27th where I live so I’m really excited! :fire:

3 Likes

Its out now guys

7 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Thanks, i was going crazy findin it. Now i’m just lacking The Twelve Trials, couldn’t even find a post about it.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m curious about it too.

2 Likes

Let me be the first to say that the cover art looks great.

4 Likes

If anyone know whats happenin with Twelve Trials lemme know, it’s just kinda rare for 2 games to be released in 1 day

2 Likes

Yay! The game is finally out there! I hope you all enjoy it since I really wouldn’t be here without the support of everyone on this forum.

This project is very close to my heart and tackles a subject that isn’t easy for a lot of people (myself included!). I hope that by offering a safe space to explore these concepts that this game might help people to understand better how they feel about loss and death, and to be not afraid of what it means.

There were many times when I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to finish so thank you to everyone here who gave their words of encouragement. I owe you big time!

It’s been a hell of a ride getting it to this point so let me know what you think. Like it, rate it, review it, share it - it all really helps, especially on release day so thank you everyone!

T x

21 Likes

Congratulations for the release! I really love this title since I played the demo I hope you enjoy my little fanart of the first scene (when we’re at our home)
I have soft spot for canine companion grim reaper :smile:

26 Likes

That’s amazing @selpuku

6 Likes

:astonished::heart_eyes: Ohmygod, I love it! It absolutely captures the feeling of that first encounter. All the little details are great, the translucent body, the flecks of dust.
Do you mind if I post it on the Facebook page? Let me know what credit to put or if you’d like a link to any of your social media :smiley:

6 Likes

Love it, though I don’t know if one is able to see the achievements yet? I certainly couldn’t anyway.

I got the wailing phantom of love ending on the first round with a Valkyrie as a Grim Reaper.

5 Likes

@Jacic thank you so much! :sparkling_heart:

@ThomB I’m glad you like it! Feel free to repost it if you want to. Since I don’t have facebook you can put my twitter link instead https://mobile.twitter.com/selpuku :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I’ve got to say I choked up playing this (again). Really, really fantastic work.

There was just one bit that confused me a little: in chapter 7 focusing on love when my spouse and Robin are talking if I choose “I don’t care about the safe” Grim gets angry with me, accusing me of messing with her.

Wasn’t sure if I just misinterpreted that or if it was a bug.

2 Likes

Do you think The Grim and I will ever be released on Steam?

4 Likes

I hope for this too, as it is now my main place for these games (PC is my platform of choice [of games, har har].)

3 Likes