The Great Tournament Sequel

Im scared of what happens if you don’t do anything.

1 Like

Being a GOT fan, I have a question… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: who is more cruel? King Malik or Joffrey or Ramsey? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well… for my case, “Finch” Malik never got to be King , not a chance :smile:

i still remember the scene when i join Hannah for that reunion dinner at the 100th day before tournament . i sit beside Hannah, and Malik came asking me to vacate my seat , i simply told him " The children seat is at the other side " , i was so amuse with this choice of reply that i can’t stop laughing , imagining Hannah laughing with me as well :smile:

I didn’t actually watch all GOT episodes , but from what little i knew, both Joffrey and Ramsey are sick and dangerous , i am not sure how Malik will behave once he becomes King, that’s why i never gave him a chance :wink: But on the bright side … the earlier depart of Malik to the life after is a merciful act since he won’t commit more futuristic sins :grin:

yeah… precisely , that’s why no more mercy to all barbarians :imp:

4 Likes

Damn she is hot!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I got it! I just finished, now I’ll see what other paths there are. I thought the continuation was quite good, with elements from both Swamp Castle and TGT1, which was quite fun, to administer, to be the commander in chief of the army, diplomacy, one thing that made me excited was relations with other kingdoms, like Valra for example, but it was quite fast, they did not play a big role in history, although a military alliance with them is not unimportant, which leads me to think, will they play a bigger role in an upcoming game? I noticed that we trained our son too, that could influence something in the future, too? I put those two things together in thought and I thought, it would be cool in the future to marry my son with a princess of valra, it would be a great alliance, imagine what the kingdoms together could not do … they could attach other territories and much more
by the end I say what I say from Swamp Castle and TGT1: “this wonderful game needs to have a continuation”. what I can say is that I sure love this universe created here
Congratulations for this another great game.

5 Likes

I never met her … who is she???

Lady Elena (from Valarian kingdom) is cool too :slight_smile:

@anon45897839

if you chose to be single, you are helping Valra crushing the barbarians tribes …and you will meet Lady Elena and Karina :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s Anne from the Life of a Mercenary demo that was just put up, you meet her in GT2 when you play as MCs kid. She takes in MCs kid and teaches them how to fight so they can save MC and their mother.

5 Likes

Romance option with Nadine was unavailable for me as well, i tried it a lot but nothing after blindfolding. I caught all the small games for her but nope…

1 Like

Currently, in contact with COG about this. If anyone can get a screenshot, that would be helpful for them to diagonse. You should be able to see at least 4 options: Ask Nadine about her day, Gift her a rabbit, Gift her a fox, and tell her that you have feelings for her.

1 Like

How??? im trying to be single but end up become champion of valra…

Don’t want to give away any spoilers, but what happens if you turn down Valra’s proposal and return to Magincia a war hero? Also…your background and choices during game-play matter a lot. There are a number of variables, if your still running into trouble PM me, and I will tell you what I did.

Hey @Jerieth I got it right here

1 Like

@Karris you’re the best. Thank you!

p.s. Just to double check you never romanced with anyone else right or got into a committed relationship before talking to Nadine? I emailed COG, and we are currently investigating.

2 Likes

@Jerieth No problem ! Glad I can help
Yeah I tried to romance Nadine first because she already in Redwood right :slight_smile: And I think it’s a bug

1 Like

Guys, wouldn’t be someone so nice and PM me how to save Sir Robert and still be able to live with Nadine (other girls?) I got several choices including Sir Robert which I couldn’t go with in storyline when I am a Lord of the Redwood. I could only save him in a Prince of Maginicia storyline. Is there any way how to save him? Or if it is possible, if Dave Cuthwell is alive, how to get reliable info if he is still alive from him? SPOILER, I have warned you because he was found in his dungeon.

First of all, thank you for the game, I was really looking forward it. Please, don’t take it so offensively, I just need to clear out my mind. It will be more criticism, but I think it in good way. Sry for my English, still learning.

Need to fix coding. For example, I wanted to negotiate with Valran Prince about the way of peace, but instead I got transmited to the preparing for the Barbarians attack which is kinda contradicting because yoh can say, how the heck have I went through Barbarians?.. Next thing is… I am not Englishmen, but I couldn’t miss that you refer about my (mc’s) daughter as a “him”. THERE ARE more similliiar gender fails… This sequel can be played under one hour, which is ok, but I would expect some more, if I have played a Princes’s Hannah route (Becoming a Prince, finding Sir Robert, btw. the scene about the tournament with Black knight was very interesting, but after that game loose its potential and you find out that this is already The End). What also cannot be unnoticed is that we are not able to choose our background if we want to play a new game, we have to play the whole first game again and whatmore, it often results to be a similliar storyline which would be allright, but consider that we can play the whole The Great Tournament 1 with no problem for about more than 5 hours. So it would be more that pleased to have this option, when there is only some major change if you start a new game and don’t have a ******* idea which choices the game took, finding conversations with which you are unfamiliar and you didn’t want to do, it’s not pleasent even if you can play another 4 hours or more.
Now I was kinda confused about these ‘mini-stories’. I will start with the “Staff” one. We play as a Rolin who is student of the Veritas (or the other city, now dunno) Fire Academy. Choices are there absolutely useless, there is only a one way how to win this “game” and I got pretty anoyed at the night-playing marrathon, because I had to repeat this Staff thing too often. There is no way of saving the game in the main choices, the main villian totally pissed me of while I was constantly dying and dying. Every choice which is not under his approvance results in death, idk how Rolin can consider him as a friend, I felt almost like bullied by him. When I look back at it, it was interesting in some way, even the true ending, but it was way too much short and simple-minded I think. If you would write more longer story where you can really do something, it would be better. I think that there were enough plot twists, but they were too much quick after another one. What I wanted to ask is, if The Staff story has something to do with the Swamp Castle, it would be fitting in it, mainly because of a possibility of having a dark magic staff, about which you would be warned from the magician in the Swamp Castle story. Even the Hannah mentioned about how her Grandfather become a King and you have to choose from the Swamp Castle Endings. But I am confused about the fact that Rolin SPOILER gave the staff to the witch, yeah it is a good choice but players/readers don’t want to have uncomplete/unfinished story… but this is maybe only my problem… Now, this would be maybe everything I had on mind, just a personal though about this ending, the MC shouldn’t be Rolin but Ben (if we “forget” about the Swamp Castle thing I just wrote, otherwise Ben would have to be as old as Hannah’s grandfather or even older), it would be more fitting and we would finally know more about his background story, just look at it, Ben totally fits here…
Now, about the Valvarian Glory story line. That annoyed me even more than the Staff thing at all. I am pretty sure that many people here knows, you can change a random outcome of things which will happen. For example, in the Survival, there would be a fog which was used by the Barbarians to attack, but if you show the stats and then go back, outcome changes and you can get almost whatever you want, only already canon outcomes such as getting a 5 knights and some more are unchangeable. I found it by random when I was at the end of the The Great Tournament 1, I just wanted to see my stats with thought of choosing anothet girl, when I suddenly had a 12 children with Hannah instead of 2.
Now, little more about the Ending of ValarianGlory Survival storyline. SPOILER If you defeat the Barbarian leader, which can happen on every possible wawe (tried from the tenth to 14th, is at least interesting because when I repeled all the previous attacks, he will still be here at your defeat) and if you’ll save his live, you’ll return to the Valra and every choice you make will result to a few lines about yours peacefully rest of live or if you re-join the army, you are the most feared/famous warrior and NOTHING MORE. Imagine you playing 4+ hours to find this? You should somehow connect it with the Main Story, for example with the upcoming Valarian defense, it would be great to mention this, partly as the reason of demanding help from the Maginicia (recommend to double the forces in the survival mode for that), after all The mighty Valarian solidiers looks there like absolute idiots, when you can repell a large Barbarian attack consisted of 4500 men in arms with 700 men, between them are 500 your solidiers… and whatmore they lost thousands of solidiers (I know, surprise is powerfull, but it looks really strange.) Also the thing when you are waiting for the reinforcements… 100 days… speechless… To not be so critic, that plot twist with the Fire Tribe was good.

I think that this sequel should be in one app with The Great Tournament (even if you would have to pay), it would be more natural if you don’t choose path in which you will get the most plot twists and words in totall.
What do you think about this sequel?

If you choose new game, you can change your background. I think there are 5 story arcs all together, but each of those have a total of a dozen different endings, so in all…I am not really sure how many different stories there are.

Don’t use restore, instead do New Game.

For example, I wanted to negotiate with Valran Prince about the way of peace, but instead I got transmited to the preparing for the Barbarians attack…

I found this very…very difficult to convince the Prince to do peaceful, but it is possible. I think you need a high diplomacy stat. It makes sense that they would say no as Valra troops never retreat or surrender, so convincing a Prince to do so…is kind of a big deal.

I am not Englishmen, but I couldn’t miss that you refer about my (mc’s) daughter as a “him”. THERE ARE more similliiar gender fails… This sequel

Really? This only happened to me once, and it was only when I did random settings. When I chose everything including my son or daughter’s name, never ran into this issue.

This sequel can be played under one hour, which is ok, but I would expect some more

Wow…you’re fast. I have only completed 2 of the story lines and I have been playing for 10+ hours.

What also cannot be unnoticed is that we are not able to choose our background if we want to play a new game, we have to play the whole first game again and whatmore

Not true, just select New Game, and you can choose any background you want.

What I wanted to ask is, if The Staff story has something to do with the Swamp Castle, it would be fitting in it, mainly because of a possibility of having a dark magic staff, about which you would be warned from the magacian in the Swam Castle story

The Staff is from Swamp Castle, I am pretty sure there is a whole arc about it, but it has been awhile so I don’t know.

the MC ahouldn’t be Rolin but Ben, it would be more fitting and we would finally know more about his background story, just look at it, Ben totally fits here…

That would have been epic! I totally agree with you on that. I guess the only issue is that they have those ruins in that Veritas place that are ancient, so it would be hard to explain how Ben can be that old, but not impossible! I don’t want to spoil anything, but I believe Ben can be a villain in this game… depending on your choices.

From my understanding the Glory for Valra and Staff are just extra scenarios indirectly connected to The Great Tournament storyline. The staff one is perhaps to give a shout out to players that wanted to play as a mage.

Overall, I am happy with it, I think if the Author had concentrated on only 1 story line it would have been much longer, but instead he allowed players to continue on literally any choice they made in the previous game (who they married, what they asked for as their boon, what characters survived, etc.). That seems like a ALOT, since most sequels that I play force you into choosing a path from the previous one or at the very least don’t have 10+ variations that affect the whole game.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer.

About these ‘gender fails’ it happens when I have daughter with Nadine, named Charlotte. Often I read "… my daughter… " and after that there are refferings to her as ‘him’, which is confusing.

About the Prince I believe I had high diplomacy stat, now I am not sure, but If I wouldn’t have, there is still that unnature jump between scenes, even without any text or choices (on which I would eventually fail) regarding to my attempt to negotiate (Yes, I know from the mini-story, from the Royal court and even from the Valarian people - that blonde Advisor, hey btw. Any opinions on her?, that they are not surrending.

About the settings for the new game, I wrote it because I have tried to set my own background differently after playing the Prince of Miginicia storyline. Still, it has been somehow messed up.

Choosing the “blur spoiler” option from the gagdet bar in your tool box (top right, second one) will insert this:

[spoiler]This text will be blurred[/spoiler]

And then you can delete the “This text will be blurred and type your spoiler there :slight_smile:

It looks like this

2 Likes

Anyone know how to tell hannah to make you the king?