The Graves of Heirs (WIP) [Updated: October 29, 2021]

I enjoyed that. Looking forward to more.

Stranger Danger!!!

3 Likes

16 Likes

I’m excited for this WIP!

I’ve been seen many of manhwa with this premise, but never seen it in IF adaptation version (or maybe I just not search really hard). And sometimes imagining “what if” I was in that situation.

So I’m happy finally someone made it into a thing.

And shoot, this game use first-pov? I always has soft spot for IF that use first-pov :smiley:

9 Likes

This seems super interesting I will be keeping a close eye on this I already love the lore and it’s only in the prologue

3 Likes

Good things: I love SI, the tone of the story is pretty fun, love variety of choices there. So far setting seems good.

What I disliked: too unclear and elaborate way of picking out race. To check choices I had to save at the start and load a lot, since many of choices lead to same race (curse you aquatic sine or how they’re called) and I almost missed fae option. I hope it’s possible to make race-picking segment be a little more clear with what race choices we have and more streamlined with picking them.

Still, that’s just a nitpick, hope it updates fast, while there are many SI stories, there are not a lot of actual SI gamebooks.

6 Likes

Yeah, I have to agree on this point. I think putting a note on the end of choices will help, but also having multiple choices lead to the same race is another issue. I think having one choice each would be better for simplicity and smoother playing. So for the sine, just the webbed ears would be enough, and save some of the other parts for different traits.

1 Like

I have a very specific question about romance in this game, in relation to what you said in the OP, cause it got me wondering :thinking:

Obviously it makes sense there is no romance in this book. I kind of admire the dedication to not make the MC grow up to be an adult - or at least an older teen - in book one, by the way!
But my question is: will we know, or get hints, as to who the future ROs will be? You said we can start to lay the groundwork, so I assume so, but how obvious will it be?
And also, are you planning to include gender selectable ROs? I’m curious since it may be harder considering they’ll all stay kids - I assume - in this book.

6 Likes

@Cicada Thanks for the feedback! I’ll definitely add that to the list for improvements for the next update!

@N4MI I really love reincarnation manwha and they were definitely some of the inspiration for this! Thanks!

@Gapaot Thanks so much! I’ve had a few comments on that so I’ll definitely clean up the options and make the race selection more clear in the next update!

@Moldy_Banana Once I’m out of post-edit jail (I’m still a basic user :frowning: :cold_sweat: and can’t edit my main post!) I’ll be sure to add it! Thanks :smiley:

@Konoi Again, I’m in edit jail so as soon as I can I’ll add some points about this to the FAQ. For now, I’ll answer what I can here. I have all of the characters planned out, but I’m still not sure which ones will be RO’s later on. I was thinking that once I have the first chapter out and all the character introductions done I’ll be able to see who players like/want to build relationships with and go from there. All of the RO’s will be available to all players regardless of gender. I was thinking of maybe including one or two gender selectable RO’s later on but for now the characters will be set. Also the relationship building will be very obvious. You can’t lock onto a romance in this book but for what I have planned for the next books the choice will be stated outright who you want to choose. This is far in the future yet but that’s what I have planned so far at least.

Thank you so much to everyone who’s played and left feedback! I’m overwhelmed with all the support! You guys are the best! It’s all been so helpful and makes me so much more motivated! I’m so excited! I’m hoping to have the next update in the next two weeks so wish me luck! :smiley:

16 Likes

Do you know how much I squealed just by barely reading the synopsis ?

(I’m so deep into the reincarnated into a novel genre I’m at the level where I’m reading about being reincarnated into an extra,can you believe it? Cuz I still dunno how all my manwha suggestion ended up like that XD)

This! This have mad potential, def follow.
Still a little sad that I didn’t see truck-kun tho.
But oh well the intro lay a good foundation for what will happen next. I don’t really have a lot of suggestion except what the others already said. I agree that I didn’t really get what the type 1/2 meant.
Is it suppose to be a sort of default personality that our character will lean into?

I’m very curious about what will happen next! By the way (if it’s not spoileri ofc) Will we get to meet the new familly of MC ? Does our family change depending on our race?

10 Likes

Wow, I didn’t think of that, but now you made me dead curious! :open_mouth:
Does the MC have a different family in this world, with no recollection of them obviously, which would also imply their soul “replaced” the soul of a kid? But then again, their face is the same as their face from their previous life, at that age, as well as the skin color and stuff like that…
Maybe they don’t have a family at all, and will be treated as an orphan?

6 Likes

You know what I dislike about demos like this? They always end too soon, leave me hooked and take ages to update. I can’t wait to see more of it

9 Likes

From what I gathered, and what she seemed to imply when she said nothing can be done for her since she’s already dead, but she hopes it’ll go better for MC, or something like that, I don’t think MC will get to meet her in the world as it is (though probably through dreams and so on), and that they will truly “take her place” in the world.

Which makes me kinda excited about the relationship MC will have with the one who was her “true love” in the original story.
I kind of want to go for him as a RO, when the characters are older, just to repeat the same path, but hopefully managing a happy ending.

5 Likes

I’m out of edit jail!!! YAY! Thank you so much mods!!! :+1: :grinning:

@Konoi is right. Carmine is dead and the MC will take her place in the story. @Asterya1 The MC’s race will affect the story involving their new family later on and that the family MC left behind won’t be ignored. The MC’s new family is spoilers so I can’t say anything right now, but I can say that their new family will also explore Carmine’s backstory.

Also as a sidenote, I’m going to try and post my daily progress on Tumblr so if you’re curious how things are going/when to expect the next update you can find out there. I’ve also edited the top post (don’t know what you call it… Intro Post?) about when I expect I’ll finish the next update.

16 Likes

Aaaaaaaa I’m so intrigued!!! >:|c :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I’m really hooked so far!!! :smiley: There are a lot of cool options for the MC’s species and the story concept is interesting ヾ(〃^∇^)ノ♪ Can’t wait to see where this goes!! >:3c

2 Likes

I really like this one, looking forward to it

2 Likes

Totally cool so far can’t wait for more :grinning:

2 Likes

The story is promising, if i could say something is the race of the player, if you are not use to it, dont make too many character customization since this is a text base game, you have to write specific circumstances for each races which can be overwhelming.

2 Likes

This story actually has a really solid opening and hook. Even with how short the demo is, I’m already exited for more. Def gonna keep a eye on how the story develops!

1 Like

I’m fanboying so hard over the races and the storyline. I’m also a big lover of the isekai villain stories so the WIP so a particularly exciting find. I am curious if those of us that go Sine or Fae for races will get to breath underwater and fly respectively?

2 Likes

Will the cat race be physically stronger faster and more durable than the other races? I’m kinda wishing so because I’m more of a physical MC and it would make since that the cat race would be physically more powerful than the other races but have lower magical states. Man I’m hoping so because all the other races are awesome but the cat race fits more perfect. I love animals. Keep up the great work I love it so far and can’t wait to read the whole story

6 Likes