The Grand Slime -WIP- (chapter 2 now up)

You seem to mispell “Damn” alot.

@Doctor ha ha ye that happens a lot, I get a notion that something is spelt one way and then I continue to write it as such until I ether spell check my work(word didn’t correct me :/) or kind people inform me of my error.

@Lamia hey thanks, l will take a look.

So people blame the loss of magic on humans hunting… did they just let the giant monsters run amuk?

All the races hunt magical creatures for several reasons: for defence, for their meat/body parts, for pets and just for sport; and if any giant monster was roaming within their lands they would kill it or at least force it to leave. The other races do hold some resentment towards the humans so they like to blame them for most of their problems, even if they are part of the believed problem. Though it not confirmed that the diminishing magical creatures are the reason for the loss of magic… Perhaps it’s just coincidence.

interesting very interesting I wonder if the king slime will get comfortable with not having to roll around all the time and want to keep his human carriage?I mean where else would he get carried around and fed with no effort on his part?

Hey OP hows the progress if you dont mind me asking ?
anyway @Sinj
If you need help betatesting it just call me.
Hopefully you didnt dropped it like a lot of promising WIPs were dropped

Hello Caesar.
Its going slower then I wanted, it always seems like other things need your attention when you try to start something new. but its getting there, chapter 2 should be out later next weeks. Thanks for the offer.
I don’t have any plans on dropping this, I am enjoying it too much to leave it now. :smile:

1 Like

Chapter 2 is now available to play :smile:

Any issues, errors, thought and opinions?

2 Likes

Meters are not the same as feet, 30 meters would be 90 feet, and that’s basically 10 stories tall.

You use meters what I’m assuming is wrongly (if the monster is the size of an inn it’s not 100 feet tall) several places.

Actually 30 meters would be 98 feet and 5 inches. A yard is three feet. A meter is three feet and 3 inches. Not a huge difference, but you know… addition and all that. You’re mixing metric and imperial.

Basically about 9-10 story talls. Comparing that to the inn which is probably 2 stories tall at best, and supposing each floor is 10-15 feet average. Shock’s point on the comparison with the inn and size of the monster is still accurate. Mixing metric and imperial wouldn’t make much of a little difference either.

A meter is 3 feet and 3 inches, yes. Therefore, 30 meters would be about 98.4 feet. Just to get specific for ya Shoe.

.08 inches from a full five inches. Not a huge difference, but you know…

While I’m posting…might as well give my thoughts. First, you might want to run a spell check now, the earlier the better. It’ll save you a lot of time. Ignoring the persistent grammar, at time you switch from Soldier to plain “” while talking, at times I couldn’t tell who was talking and who wasn’t. Consistency if I might request.

On the story itself. Spoilers ahead, As the grand slam eats through their host and begins to escape yea that did seem a bit fast paced and truly like an ending. I’m curious to know what choices could “not” lead to that scenario. Logically speaking, there isn’t really anything the MC can do to avoid the situation of being forced to escape prison. On that note, after a thousand years we are still hunted down and forced to leave our home/die. Therefore, doesn’t that make the whole thing/story inevitable on having a bad ending?

Back to the writing in itself. Several times when I choose to upgrade something, let’s say my magic, my body mass increases instead. This happens for multiple stats, noting that I had stat change notification turned on.

Now overall, the game is unique on its own, I like that. I especially like the idea of possessing people through being a slime. The way my escape and growth is described shows a multitude of abilities to be unveiled and an open world awaiting to be discovered, can’t wait to see it through. Although that prince… must… die.

@Shockbolt @Shoelip @Arcania Ye 30 meters is way to big, should have thought about it a bit more when I first wrote it. it will be changed to a more reasonable 7-9 meters.

@Arcania Thanks for your thoughts on it :slight_smile: . I will make it more clear on who is speaking and as for spelling checking… Well ye its the least enjoyable part of writing but I will take a few more passes though it and fix what I see.

Played a few passes through chapter 2 and I have not see this issue, can you be more specific were you found this error?. There are point in the story that multiple stats will increase/decrease pending on what is happening, for instance if the slime spends time focusing on the human then Impersonate may improve.

As for not to get the “bad” end:Spoilers → Try waiting 3 times and see what happens
I thought its was clear with the slime justifying waiting, or would you say 3 times was to many?

[quote=“Arcania, post:32, topic:11332”]
Although that prince… must… die.
[/quote] :smiley: You choose the “bad” prince I see. A few of my testers mentioned that didn’t know why they where getting different princes. The last choice from prologue determines the prince personality .
this will now be made clear.

I will update it to night with spelling, fixes and amendments, so any other problems? Thanks all.

It could have just been me accidentally clicking the wrong choice, if I see it again I’ll let you know. After waiting twice it didn’t look like anything was happening or my choice was being affected, only my slow death and the thought of my cruel prince forgetting about me, leaving me to rot away. Although something that comes to mind, if the guard waits a week each time… two weeks have gone by, makes me wonder when this execution is coming, but I’ll have to play through again to get a clear idea. Generally on the wait thing, I would say a change of description for each wait, to note that time is actually changing, or something is happening other then slow starvation that is.

I have a question, what’s exactly is the " plot " because all am getting is just survive right now. Another thing what happen if are Mass increase’s too much?

@Grey_Wizard Overall plot is how do you, a magical monster, survive in a world where “magical” things are dying, Can you use this odd situation to your advantage to insure that you live? First 3 chapters are about you living inside a human, learn about them, growing stronger again etc… By the end of chapter 3 and the beginning of chapter 4 you will have to decide on how you will survive. potential spoilers: Work with your host?, Kill your host and live his life as your own? Perhaps you can attempt another shot at a certain prince… or… get the prince/king to grant amnesty for yourself. (note these are some of my current plans for progression of the story/endings and may not all be used.

And as for mass, well that is something a slime will need to manage later on, grow to big then your host/other people may notice, there will be a few options on reducing your mass but with lots of mass come more power so it will be up to the player to mange the balance … Or you could find a host that would be able to accommodate a lot of mass, something like a giant of a man…

Small (though later) update to the game, mainly fixes and clarification, details on the topic post.

This probably broke the saves(you either get an error at some point or oddly high stats; perhaps both…)

well done story so far. very willing too see what you are going too do with it later.

wonder if at some point we can change hosts or failing that start controlling the one we have and/or passing some of our thoughts or wises to him?

Hello Bob_Rijke.
Glad you enjoyed the story so far.
Currently the plan is to let the player select a new host (or keep your current one) in the later half of chapter 3 with the options of host/s being determined by prior actions and which prince you have.

1 Like