The Golden Rose (WIP) - Updated 7th of October, 2018

gender-choice
low-fantasy

Ah, Indiana Jones. It probably inspired a generation of kids to become historians or archaeologists. :grin:

I know I’m going to sound like a broken record here, but I must reiterate: This is not set in stone and may change in the future.

But, for now, it’s planned to be:

• 6 bisexual characters: 3 males and 3 females.

• 2 straight characters: 1 male and 1 female.

• 2 homosexual characters: one gay male and one lesbian.

This way, all MCs will have at least 4 romance options to choose from. I think that’s an acceptable number - hopefully, everyone interested in romance finds someone they like even a little bit.

It also made them terrified of quicksand! :wink:

Gotta say, having at least 4 romance options is definitely more than acceptable! That’s great! I once played a game where you could only romance 1 person, so I’m always happy when there are two options, and you’re going way beyond that.

This is so embarrassing but I can’t for the life of me find a word. I’ve tried google translate and the dictionary, but I just can’t find it.

To any English-fluent folk, what is that word that means like a passing wish, a sudden fancy? It sounds to me kinda like ‘wimp’ - but the meaning is completely unrelated.

This is the most frustrating feeling ever.

Also, so that this post is not totally in vain, should I add a loner vs team player stat? I haven’t added it yet because I’m not sure how prevalent it will be in the game outside of very specific situations - and some character’s passing comments.

But would you guys like to keep track of how your MCs prefers to work? Or do you find it unnecessary?

Could ‘whim’ be the word you’re looking for?

A loner vs team player stat could be interesting (I think Wayhaven has one!), and I think it would be cool to see it, even if it’s only in specific situations like you mentioned. But it’s ultimately up to you!

That’s the one! I was so close :smile:

Thank you very much!

(Also, the cat in your icon picture is so freaking adorable, is it yours by any chance?)

You were only a letter or two away! And thank you! That is a very cute kitty, but it’s sadly not mine. I do have a cat, though! (Her name is Juliet.)

Juliet is gorgeous! :black_heart: Thanks for sharing her pic.

About the loner vs team player stat, I think I’ll add it then. I don’t want to overwhelm the player with too many stats, but this one is straightforward enough that I don’t think it’ll make a big hassle.

In my opinion, there is no such thing as ‘too many stats’. Which is, of course, ridiculous of me (๑꒪⍘꒪๑) (๑→‿←๑)

Thus, obviously, I would adore a ‘loner vs team player’ stat cx

Well, if you want it, L_M, then consider it done. :wink:

I also like a lot of stats, especially when it comes to personality ones, but I know some people don’t. Hence the question.

What would the stat effect anyways? Just. “You prefer to do things by yourself most of the time” ? lol

A little more than that. :sweat_smile:

In some situations, the MC will be forced to either be alone or work with a team - at this time, for example, you can’t really disentangle yourself from Hadrian and Alessa - and depending on your stats, you could have certain advantages or disadvantages with dealing with the situation.

Also, some characters might react to you slightly differently, as with all the other personality stats.

And, lastly, it would be there as a tracking system for the player for how their character tends to behave. I dig those options in other games - as @MissionControl mentioned, I enjoyed it in Wayhaven.

Is it bad reading this and my mind immediately went to.

RO : “I think I’m ready for us to try having sex.”

Loner MC : “Nah, I’ll just take care of myself.”

And I killed myself with laughing.

Lol :laughing: A true loner MC does not share their bedroll.

If you wish to be intimate, prepare to lose 50 points of the loner stat