The Golden Rose: Book One by Ana Ventura

It will be a great birthday present for me. Just a couple of days late if the date stays the same. Let’s hope it will be released then :slight_smile:

5 Likes

8 months

50 Likes

cat-yeet (1)

8 months…

38 Likes

it’s going to be the best birthday gift ever :partying_face:

3 Likes

This is certainly… a longer wait than I was expecting. But, looking at the upcoming Hosted Games list (I’m so glad it’s being updated again!), then it’s really no surprise. There are so many games coming! Two new games a month, they must be with their hands full.

It seems the Rose is at the bottom of a lengthy publication list, and if anything, it’s my fault for taking so long to submit it.

I do, however, want to focus on the positives! This (probably) means that the Rose hasn’t been outright rejected!!! With this tentative date, I can let myself believe that it will really be published and that a dream I had for so long will eventually become true. :sob:

In other great news, it seems it’s been considered for a Steam release as well!!! I really want to go to Steam, so I was so happy to see that little blue symbol next to my game. :partying_face:

Eight months may seem like a lot, I’m not going to pretend that it doesn’t. But it’s not as if I’ll be standing idle either. I’ll keep working on Book 2 so that, when the first does come out, you won’t have to wait long to dive into a shiny, new demo.

As always, thank you so much for all your support and enthusiasm. We have something and something, my friends, is always better than nothing at all. Let’s support all the other amazing games that will come out in the months ahead. The Rose’s world is waiting for your mercenary to explore it, with all its dangers and joys and, most of all, with all its patience. :yellow_heart:

148 Likes

It would be CRAZY if they DIDN’T consider it for Steam. It’s an incredible story (even without having read the entire thing), and also very long which is a plus.

31 Likes

I am always amazed by how positive, professional, and generally nice @Anathema is. :hugs:

22 Likes

Congratulations on the submission, i just got done playing the demo and already can’t wait to try the full game, cheers! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very excited to hear this news! I really enjoyed the WIP, so I’m definitely looking forward to finishing it when it is released :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If my work duties werent calling out to me i would have seriously considered an eight month hibernation so that i wake up and straight up get treated to this delight of a game.

16 Likes

It shall be worth the wait, no doubt. Long time, yes, but knowing what I know from playing the demo, oh yes, it will be like, hmm… like a golden rose! :grinning: :rose:

14 Likes

Well, tentative release dates for these releases often change, and considering the game currently is 8 months away, I’d say the chances of it getting moved to an earlier release date are pretty good. Fingers crossed!

16 Likes

It’ll be worth the wait nonetheless. Congrats!

5 Likes

Congratulations! Awesome news to see it queued, even if I wish I could eat it right now.

6 Likes

Ugh, Im really feeling the pain of stagnating releases now.

They’ve had it and is probably ready to go sitting there with the flip of a few button. But they try to release 1-2 books a month

:sob::sob::sob::sob:

But congratulations nonetheless :kissing_heart:

17 Likes

Thank you, everyone, for all the support and kind words! You all made me feel much better :orange_heart: But in other, happier news, look at the shiny new icon for Book One! :sob:

And, of course, the complete cover art once more - I can’t stop staring at it.

Matt Agate and Catarina (my sister!) from hearthshipstudios did an outstanding job, I just couldn’t be happier.

All the art assets are thus finished! I’ll be sending the email tomorrow and… now it’s really out of my hands, I can finally ease my mind. I’ve done all that I can on my end, and there’s really nothing else to do now but wait.

I didn’t realize how having this pending was weighing on me. I know I’ve been quiet about any writing progress at all, but I hope to have news soon! In the meantime, feast your eyes with this art!!! :boom:

129 Likes

Ooh, this icon! This icon looks awesome! Is this the Juturna’s coin? I bet it is, and I’m weirdly happy, because I loved that item in the demo - and if it isn’t, I’m still going to fangirl, because of all those small details on it. (BTW getting the coin was one of the things that I always had to do, no matter the character. Not sure what it says about me. I’m sure Freud would be thrilled to tell me though. :laughing:)

5 Likes

It is Juturna’s coin! Although Matt took some liberties with it - it doesn’t have the date or the rose in game, of course :yum: and I’m glad you like it!!!

8 Likes

Hah! Knew it! Also, I can’t say enough how brilliant the design is. It’s really eye-catching, and at the same time it’s not too… Uh, too loaded? Does it make sense? Anyway, great job, same with the cover.
I’m really happy that you reached another milestone. It’s exciting. :grin:

1 Like

This art looks amazing! I can’t wait for it to get released, it’ll be an early birthday gift.

1 Like