The Golden Rose: Book One by Ana Ventura

I am glad you feel better now, please always take care.

About the voice in the head, i think each who has it dealt with it and experience it differently, perhaps i am lucky in the sense , the voice act as an Imaginary friend who always help me calm down and made the logical decision when i face difficulty, he is the one who always accompany and drive me in my lonely status , always supportive in everything.

I hope you will be fine and as cheerful as always from now on

3 Likes

I can empathize. It’s a struggle for me wtih depression and since covid on top of that my OCD and hypochondria have gotten way worse. That’s a constant state of fear and exhaustion. Though I’ll sound like a hypocrite to myself please put your mental health and well being first!

3 Likes

I’m glad you are feeling much better. I wish you could have seen my cousin’s face when I told her that the story is coming soon.
Thanks for your hard work and take the most absolute care.

7 Likes

You know we love you, right?

We love you, and we care about you. All of us readers, all of our OCs, all of us on this forum.

We’re so glad that you’re getting back to yourself, and we wish you all the good things. :relieved:

Remy, Riese & Rayvn all raise their glasses in salute and take a deep drink. :cocktail::wine_glass::beer:

27 Likes

Finished Writing the Prologue!

The second draft of the Prologue is done, all the choices are filled and paths completed, and the Word document tells me it is 117k words long.

As you can tell by the number, this prologue is nothing like the first game’s prologue. This one is as big as a chapter. I always wanted to do a type of dragon age origins’ beginning, where your choices will lead you to a completely different experience until, of course, the roads meet and a common path is reached.

The prologue has three distinct routes and then a fourth, common one for all the “origins.”

It was a lot more work than I accounted for, and it expanded far beyond what I expected - or was ready for. But as much as, sometimes, it seemed as if I was slogging across a swamp, dragging my legs through knee-deep mud that wanted to pull me into its depths, now that I’ve reached the softer, gentler meadow on the other side I look back-

And love what I created.

I can’t wait to share it! There is a lot that I need feedback on.

Now, it’s time to dust off my coding skills and put the chapter into choicescript. It’ll be challenging because I’ll need to do a sort of questionnaire at the beginning since, of course, there are no saves to import. So questions such as “What gender are you? What weapon do you use?” and so forth. Eventually, I know I’ll have to write a proper Book One summary, where you can input a very detailed playthrough - probably before I post the demo for Book 2! - but, for now, I’ll just do the simple version.

I know this is… well, it looks late, doesn’t it? I’m only on the prologue while the first game has been submitted so long ago. My goal was to have a demo ready once Book One is out, but I know that won’t be feasible.

It is late. This prologue marks a difficult time in my life and finishing it feels like turning over a new leaf. So I’d rather focus on the positives: The first big chapter of Book 2 is written. The wheels are rolling, the wagon has left the cozy inn, and the sky opens up before us. There’s a lot to tell still, and I want to keep weaving this world into existence the only way I know how: with words.

Have a lovely weekend! :rose:

143 Likes

It is not late, it’s exactly on time. :heart: cannot wait to read it!!!

8 Likes

Still excited that B1 is coming out this year! Can’t wait to play it!

One where we get Barkspawn? :smiley:

Ah.

No. Nobody’s comparing you to Schliemannsghost, who’s an absolute madman that’s already well underway on writing Relics 3 when Relics 2 isn’t out yet. Because, as I said, he’s insane. I really don’t expect CoG game series to have any follow-up, even demo-wise, until at least a year after the previous installment is out. I don’t think anybody does.

Yay you!

Wooo!

And you!

12 Likes

I am sure they share your passion and quality!

I can’t wait for both the release of game one and the new WiP thread.

:two_hearts:

12 Likes

Basically me right now:

18 Likes

11 Likes

The Steam page for the game is up :partying_face: :partying_face:

56 Likes

I was waiting to announce it because there was a problem with the art (completely my fault :sweat_smile:), but yes,

THE GOLDEN ROSE HAS A STEAM PAGE!!! :partying_face:

I’m so excited! It feels surreal to see it on Steam, sometimes I still think of it as a little story living solely in my head but look how far it has come.

It would mean a lot if you add the Rose to your Wishlist! Even if you plan to get it on another platform :shushing_face: . If you’re feeling generous, you could also share it with friends or family or whoever else you think might enjoy it!

Today is the 7th of February, which means that in exactly two months - if it all goes well - the game will be released. It has been a long wait, and it’s not over yet, but the end is definitely in sight. :rose:

123 Likes

BEGIN THE COUNTDOWN!

12 Likes

I’ve literally already planned to take care of my errands on Thursday so I can start playing on Friday and just keep playing through the weekend :skull:

The anticipation is killing me! But in a good way :grin:

14 Likes

I am not big on speeches but I will say this in the most simplest way I’m glad you finished the story I can’t wait to read the full version you put a lot of effort in a lot of time into it technically this is your baby congratulation your parent now of a story you love to make

14 Likes

Added to my wishlist for the exposure stats. Here’s hoping you gather an even larger fan following. You really deserve it for how amazingly hard working you are! :grin:

15 Likes

Ravyn. RAVYN!

Ravyn peeps on the room, eybrow raised

APRIL 7TH! WE RIDE!!!

Ravyn leers in anticipation, crosses over to the couch, sits and starts sharpening her broadaxe.

Riese sniffs in displeasure from the recliner as Remy chuckles from her reclined form on the floor.

9 Likes

golden rose was delayed until june :pensive: :pensive:

5 Likes

tenor

I have a very short fuse, and this news is not helping. Two more months? That’s 60 days!

sigh Why must all the good things come late…

22 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

/mustbeacompletesentence

5 Likes