The game appears to be skipping variables once again

I’m having trouble with…

The error I’m getting is:…

My code looks like this:

Example
*commend
    Indent
```So, Currently, when I run my game, I am running into the issue that the game appears to be treeting variables as if they are not there:

*label conversation2

${l_name} looks into ${n_name}'s eyes for a second before nodding, while ${mc_first} opens ${mc_their} mouth while turning to
*if (t_phone)
${t_name},
*goto conversation1
*elseif (l_phone)
${l_name},
*goto conversation1
*elseif (n_phone)
${n_name}'s prior location,
*goto conversation1
*elseif (d_phone)
${d_name},
*goto conversation1
*label conversation1
now scowling, while
*if (mc_tick_hair)
starting to run ${mc_their} fingers through ${mc_their} ${mc_hairlength} ${mc_haircolor} hair in agitation.
*goto conversation_ending
*elseif (mc_tick_hands)
starting to ring ${mc_their} hands together in agitation.
*goto conversation_end
*elseif (mc_tick_pulse)
${mc_they} starts tapping 2 fingers against ${mc_their} collar bone in agitation.
*goto conversation_end
*elseif (mc_tick_rock)
starting to shift foot to foot while not seeming to realize ${mc_they} is doing so in agitation.
*goto conversation_end
*label conversation_end

${n_name} removes ${n_their} hand from ${l_name}'s skin, instantly relaxing as ${l_name} tenses again, though not as much as before.
*page_break —${mc_first}—

However, it is showing as this.

---
---
So, it seems that something is stopping the mc_tick, variables from outputting correctly. Last time it was an extra tab, and thus indent, although I can't seem to find one here.
With that being said, would I be able to get a second opinion?
Also, here are the mc_tick variables, for reference or if you want to mess around with them a bit:

*set mc_tick_hair false
*comment this is when you pick that your tick is to run your hands through your hair.
*set mc_tick_hands true
*comment this is when you decide for your tick to be ringing your hands.
*set mc_tick_pulse false
*comment this is when you decide to have your tick be tapping your collar bone with your fingertips.
*set mc_tick_rock false
*comment this is when you decide to have your tick to be to shift your weight.

So yeah, I hope that the people who read this have a good rest of your day, and over-all weekend.

all your *goto commands are going to the same label conversation1 , regardless of the condition. This could be causing the game to skip over some of your variables

Summary

each *if statement within conversation2 uses *goto conversation1. This means regardless of the condition (mc_tick_hair, mc_tick_hands, etc.), it jumps directly to conversation1, skipping the intended content based on the chosen variable

What about adding separate labels for each phone condition (conversation_t , conversation_l , conversation_n , conversation_d ) and having these labels point to a common label conversation_tick where the tick conditions are checked, ensuring that all your variables are being processed correctly?

Code
*label conversation2

${l_name} looks into ${n_name}'s eyes for a second before nodding, while ${mc_first} opens ${mc_their} mouth while turning to
*if (t_phone)
    ${t_name},
    *goto conversation_t
*elseif (l_phone)
    ${l_name},
    *goto conversation_l
*elseif (n_phone)
    ${n_name}'s prior location,
    *goto conversation_n
*elseif (d_phone)
    ${d_name},
    *goto conversation_d

*label conversation_t
now scowling, while
*goto conversation_tick

*label conversation_l
now scowling, while
*goto conversation_tick

*label conversation_n
now scowling, while
*goto conversation_tick

*label conversation_d
now scowling, while
*goto conversation_tick

*label conversation_tick
*if (mc_tick_hair)
    starting to run ${mc_their} fingers through ${mc_their} ${mc_hairlength} ${mc_haircolor} hair in agitation.
    *goto conversation_end
*elseif (mc_tick_hands)
    starting to ring ${mc_their} hands together in agitation.
    *goto conversation_end
*elseif (mc_tick_pulse)
    ${mc_they} starts tapping 2 fingers against ${mc_their} collar bone in agitation.
    *goto conversation_end
*elseif (mc_tick_rock)
    starting to shift foot to foot while not seeming to realize ${mc_they} is doing so in agitation.
    *goto conversation_end

*label conversation_end

${n_name} removes ${n_their} hand from ${l_name}'s skin, instantly relaxing as ${l_name} tenses again, though not as much as before.
*page_break —${mc_first}—

There meant to. The mc_tick, variables are really just cosmetic, and are meant to all go to the same variable.

Also, I did sort-of fix that, but now it’s running the first label, as I put the mc_tick stuff into labels to see if that helped anyway. Either way, now it’s just running the first label in the group, no-matter what variables are set up.
This is the label group:

*if (mc_tick_hands)
	*goto mc_tick_hands
*elseif (mc_tick_hair)
	*goto mc_tick_hair
*elseif (mc_tick_pulse)
	*goto mc_tick_pulse
*elseif (mc_tick_pulse)
	*goto mc_tick_rock
*label mc_tick_hands
${mc_they} rings ${mc_their} hands together in obvious agitation.
*goto conversation1
*label mc_tick_hair
${mc_they} runs ${mc_their} hands through ${mc_their} ${mc_hairlength} ${mc_haircolor} hair in obvious agitation.
*goto conversation1
*label mc_tick_pulse
${mc_they} tapps ${mc_their} fingers against ${mc_their} coller bone in obvious agitation.
*goto conversation1
*label mc_tick_rock
 ${mc_they} shifts ${mc_their} weight in obvious agitation.
*goto conversations
Currently, it's running, no-matter what variables I have true or not, mc_tick_hands. In this case, I have mc_tick_hair set as true.

There’s a small typo in your *if statements. You’ve written *elseif (mc_tick_pulse) twice. The second one should be *elseif (mc_tick_rock).?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.