The Funny Thread

That rule only counts for WIP threads, so feel free to post it there :slight_smile:

I recently started watching Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende, a Japanese comedy variety show. This episode in particular is hilarious:

And here it is, only a day after I said this!

Something funny :thinking:…Well, my brother and I used to refer to Sephiroth’s Theme as ‘The Evil Jingle Bell Song’…

Other than that…

People think I’m generally a funny person, the only problem is my humor learns towards “dark”, so that limits what kind of stuff I can post here.

I hope one of you gets this.

He’s already bled out, dude. You’ll have to wait until the next round.

JFK, Nixon and McNamara bled out as well. Game Over.

Oh god, it really is Game Over. For actual real…

Oh…I didn’t realise…

Well, at least we lasted a good 90-something rounds :cry:

Goddamnit, Cloud… All the angst of the second half of the game, the movie, and millions of fans could’ve been easily averted…

I found this copy pasterino on reddit and immediately died (of laughter):

Gomenasai, my name is John -Sama.

I’m a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!

You know, I always told myself that the reason he didn’t use a Phoenix Down was because they more about healing mortal wounds rather than one hit instant kills…:thinking:

Pretty sure everyone knows these classics from Fates/Stay Night

is it me, or do Japanese games ALWAYS point out the obvious?

SONIC: Apparently in a game Sonic says to Tails "Sonic means I am fast, Super Sonic is what happens when I absorb the Chaos Crystals so I become super fast and could fly through space OMG sonic, you know what sound is! good job, hope At does not need to hold your hand when you trip up and cut yourself.(added a little on to make it funnier)

ZELDA: Two here “the Ocarina of time has been past down through the Hyrule family for generations, it allows us to control time” No duh you dumb blonde!
2) “As a wolf, Link, you can howl through the Sheaki the stones.” no really, I thought he could sing karaoke to Lady GaGa!

Fossil fighters Frontier: okay, basic stuff here “Vivasaurs are Dinosaurs” WTF, We already know that Nintendo.

Well, a Plesiosaur is technically not a dinosaur, but still has “saur” in its name…
So… XD

@moonwalkerdragon Language differences. For example dinosaur in Japanese is kyouryuu (don’t quote me on this but I think literally it means big dragon). So something with a “saur” at the end would not be immediately associated with a dinosaur. Plus the Fossil Fighter series was aimed at children so it’s even less likely that they would know. As for the other examples it could be because of grammar differences and localization issues. Japanese is a complex language so translating it can be difficult, especially when trying to keep everything as close as possible. Sometime sentences might come out sounding a bit weird

no duh, I know its aimed at kids but still…why point out the obvious?

Because sometimes you need to point out the obvious,

Adult "Don’t do that you will get hurt."
Child throws heavy object in the air and catches it
Child throws heavy object in the air again and catches it
Child throw heavy object in the air…
20 minutes later, adult arrives with child at A&E!

Today l bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but l’ve been tripping all day.

Uhhhh, weird joke dude. heres something for pokemon fans…