The Freakhouse: A Touch Of Lilium

Cool!

I would also like to ask. What is the significance about the ribbon on the wrist and will it still be implemented?

The ribbon was made as a pronoun system, mostly. Nowadays it’s also used, though it’s with colored bracelets, if I recall correctly. Falu red for feminine pronouns, Moonshine blue for masculine, Navy purple for gender neutral they/them.

Why do you ask, though? Back then Dagger pretty much explains it; he says something like “so you won’t get misgendered!” :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

No, I meant the placement of the ribbon (left or right wrist). I was wondering if that’s an aesthetic choice or if there is another meaning to it.

@Abe Nope; where the ribbon is tied is just aesthetic (very few choices are like that).

Ly, how could you lie to them like that? You know that it’s really a key poi- redacted information

1 Like

@Razgriz say, you are aware that I could send a horde of spiders after you, right? :imp: :spider: :spider: :spider:

1 Like

This is the life of us beta testers :’(

4 Likes

I feel violated after reading this :cold_sweat: I want to read more :smiling_imp:! Lol this is very interesting. Can’t wait to read the rest.

1 Like

Did not expect to find a landmine. :laughing: Oh, well. I can wait a while longer.

Sorry, but I’m late to the party and can’t figure out for the life of me where to find the updated demo. :disappointed_relieved: I like what I see in the demo in the first post, but people are talking about characters and scenes that don’t exist in that version. A little help for a lost Anathema, please?

1 Like

It is the updated demo. :slight_smile: It’s just original version was partly rewritten, so updated version doesn’t yet have some characters that Ana met in original one, and some scenes are generally changed since then.

2 Likes

@Razgriz poor you :imp:

@OracleD3 haha, I guess that was the intention? To scare you? :smile:

@Sashira the update demo is the same link in the main post :smile: The thing is, like @Moferiah said, the current version changed a lot from the original, I moved NPCs around and such. There will be scenes that will appear only when certain conditions are meet; the ribbon scene for example is only for Ana’s who are non binary :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up. I love what you have so far, the tone and characters are unique, creepy and charming. I’ll be glad to do some proofreading for this when I have the time; it’s readable, but there are still some small errors.

P.s.: I am very interested in the man who calls us Anathema, in more ways than one. (Or was he only a man for me? Guess I’d have to check.) Is he the one you’re all calling “The Stranger”?

2 Likes

@Sashira I’m glad you like it so much! :blush: Creepy was definitely a goal in this! Asides the dark-themes, the game is heavily character-driven, so the NPCs (and ROs! There’s plenty of ROs :revolving_hearts: Though the romances won’t be… so sweet :imp:) are given a lot of work :grin:

Thanks for offering, but I already have an editor, it’s just that she’s currently sick :slight_smile: So no need to bother yourself proofreading the whole thing :grin:

Regarding The Stranger, who calls you Ana: that’s him! It’s unclear if he’s a boy/man/lad because he looks very young but at the same time his eyes give a weary feeling, so some have doubts as for what his real age is. For now he’s very much nameless, but he’ll give you something for you to call him by in Chapter 2-3 :smile: (Thomas) that’s spoiler-ish, but after a while it gets boring, having to call him MM (Mystery Man). Thomas is a perfectly lovely name, don’t you think?

EDIT: GUYS! @Moferiah did some AMAZING fanart of Vex, and you must see it! :blush: Isn’t it wonderful? :hugging:

There are no words as for how elated I’m feeling right now, like, someone drawing your characters makes you all warm and fuzzy inside :blush: I’m seriously in love with it, and thank you so much @Moferiah for such fantastic masterpiece! :heart_eyes:

P.D: @Lithophene I think you don’t usually check threads unless you’re mentioned, right? :wink: You can’t miss this! :hugging:

11 Likes

It’s private message threads that I tend to forget about if I don’t see a big green bubble pointing it out to me. :sweat_smile: Lovely fanart, though!

I’m only just now getting on this, but I’m so happy to find it! The thread is long, but just to clarify, the current demo that’s up on this thread is the public one that contains prologue and chapter 1? And it will continue to be updated, depending on the feedback in the private beta testing thread?

btw, although I have no idea who any of the characters/scenes are that ppl have mentioned in this thread (I’m going to assume that was all from the old version?) I was immediately pulled into the story! I’m not a fan of super explicit gore and violence, I prefer a more subtle horror and creepiness, but I’m excited to see where this story goes! The Stranger, as I’ve seen some ppl refer to him (is that the same as Furor? idk who these ppl are lol) was a great character to start off the story with!

3 Likes

@shettiejw yes, the demo in the main post only has the prologue and Chapter 1 of the story. For several reasons that happened like 350+ post ago, I shut it down way sooner than I would have liked (because some people ignored my warnings back then), so regardless of the private testing, the public thread will only have until Chapter 3 out of the entire story.

It’s very likely that in a future, I will ask for waves of more beta testers, but until now, I have a close-knit group. Nevermind that, I’ll totally look for future beta testers, 'cause I started with 26 or so and a lot of them went AWOL :disappointed_relieved:

There are several characters (the one in the fanart is Vex, for example) that don’t appear in the current demo, but they did in the original (and no-revamped) version, so the early players know who they are (Vex, Roxanne, Cassius…). I’m glad you liked it, though I have to warn you; things are going to get… grittier. Like, very, very gory, though there’s plenty of creepiness and mystery!

Hehe, a lot of people also think that The Stranger (named Thomas) is actually Furor, but I didn’t deny nor confirm it :imp: You will have to wait until chapter 3 :wink: And I’m happy you think so highly of him, because I’m very fond of him! :blush:

7 Likes

I’m so excited, I can’t wait for chapter two, I’ve been watching this since the start and I really do like the rewrite it feels a lot more organic. A nice smooth trasnstion and not as much like you are trying to pull everyone along too forcefully. It’s like a nice organic story flow. I can’t wait to see what else you’ve done with it.

2 Likes

Could Thomas be a twin?
{cue dramatic music}

I must say, you write tangible detailing in such a visceral, lovely way. And The Stranger, eerily enough, would be just the type my former 17 year-old soul would have gone for. Issues, yes. :blush:
I am not at all a gore fan, and yet I trust in the poetry of your abilities. After all, there is beauty to be found even in the darkest places.
Also missing Dagger and so I shall continue keeping my opera glasses upon this very thread…

1 Like

I see! Thanks for the detailed response. Should you look for more beta testers in the future, I will gladly volunteer! I beta tested for lots of COG/HOG released games in the past, so I promise I won’t go AWOL with no feedback :slight_smile: But do work at your own pace! Despite my dislike of gore, I still have a lot of trust in you ability to make it an engaging story haha. Creepiness and mystery ftw! I’ll look forward to more Thomas, I feel like there’s a lack of his character type in the games here that I’ve played (at least from the glimpses of him that we’ve had so far).

3 Likes