The Freakhouse: A Touch Of Lilium

Is anyone else getting the 401 error when looking at the link?

It is closed until further notice

It was closed down because people kept peeping into the code, which @Lycoris asked them not to because it contained a hell of a lot of spoilers. So now it’s being pushed for private beta testing

1 Like

Aww :frowning: I was saving this demo for a rainy day too. Ah well, guess I’ll just get to see it when it’s released.

@Zolataya I love AHS :smile: It makes me all warm and fluffy to know someone gets those kinds of vibes ( a very weird thing, because American Horror Story is hella macabre and twisted! :laughing: ) But since the objective is to get a dark themed story, I guess it’s a good thing! :smirk:

@RedRoses maybe some scenes are just like that, more specifically when you have to fight for survival :wink:

Those are quite high chances :wink:

@Razgriz yup, sadly it’s down; just as @Nathan_Faxon said, my request (about users not looking into the code) was ignored, so I took the next step; making it impossible for people to play. A bit cruel, but I didn’t feel like stressing over how I should make the code harder to peep into.

I like how that sounds :smile: Maybe in the future, after I’m over this little miff of mine, I will make a small public demo, until the end of chapter 2: after that everything will be private. But yes, until then, it’s closed :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Yup - I do wish you’d include some specific EU horror elements as well … the original Hansel and Gretchen type of stories have a lot of material for you to use.

You have the Pinocchio aspects down quite well.

1 Like

Well of course I mean just look at the freak show the run for president has turned into :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit:
I had to I regret nothing!

1 Like

That’s very true, unfortunately time is not something I have a lot of and proper testing unfortunately takes time. I wouldn’t be able to continuously playtest all of the wips I am interested in. However one or two wips is something I can manage, and perhaps in the future that would become more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bugs and mistakes are part of the learning process, nothing to be ashamed about. Some projects I tested barely worked but it’s the crucial early feedback that counts. The more feedback you get in the beginning the better your final product may become. At the start you will be less attached to ideas, characters, and events because you haven’t spent much time working on them; so it’s easier to get rid of or change them. It’s also important to catch something before it becomes too integrated in the story or way too complex. That way the holes they left are quickly fixed and you feel less bad having ‘wasted’ your time on that aspect.

I would be happy to primarily criticise your characters, they ‘make’ the narrative so to speak. But I shall give you as much information and feedback as I can for the other things as well.

2 Likes

To be honest, I don’t know the original tales’ aspects, but I will check them out, thanks you! :wink:

P.D: The Pinocchio bit is because of the doll trait? :open_mouth:

My, don’t remind me that :confounded: Even in Spain we are aware of the American politics!

@KrasnaAmbrosia yup, I agree; the beginning is very important, because it’s where a lot of authors get disheartened or upset because their idea seems to be unpopular :disappointed_relieved: I’m going little by little, and even some aspects of the NPCs are subject to change, but the core is… untouchable. For example, if you were to tell me that Dagger is useless or that upbeat personality of his should be left out, I would pretty much ignore that advice :smile: Though, the rest is fair game. But you’re very right! Better get rid of the bad things sooner that later.

@Nathan_Faxon, did you know that “Fuzzy Wuzzy” is a color? :wink: I was making a special scene and looking for color names, and I found that it’s a pink-ish hue :smile:

3 Likes

Fuzzy Wuzzy? Oh god, Dagger would have a field day with somebody who has eyes that colour XD

3 Likes

Dagger: “What’s the matter Fuzzy Wuzzy? Don’t scowl like that. It causes wrinkles and Fuzzy Wuzzy has such a youthful face we wouldn’t want it to turn all wrinkly would we Fuzzy Wuzzy?”

Mc:"…" sic’s tamed animal on him.

3 Likes

Nah, you only need #U.S.A :flag_us:
Just kidding. Then again I don’t really know any European horror elements :sweat_smile:

HA! :laughing: Make fun of us more, we (Americans) deserve it!!
What other country turns their politics into entertainment?
@Lycoris Thousand apologies for useless clutter on the thread… :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you’re accepting new beta testers or not, but I am a HUGE lover of horror/thriller/suspense, and I’d be delighted to give you my input on how creepy-crawly the story is~ <3

This is somewhat or well it started out game related! We are discussing the real possibility of the world descending into madness which would make this game a survival guide :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hey, I’ll take it. It is the same thing, kind of, if you look at it from a different perspective!

PS where can I get a copy of this survival guide?

2 Likes

Right here my friend! Once our favorite bunny has finished adding all possible scenarios for a most complete experience!

2 Likes

Haha! Very well, we shall wait aptly!

1 Like

Pinoochio - Basically good, he often gets carried away by bad company … In the course of the novel there are some transformation and he later flees with Candlewick in Land of Toys, ending in the company of clowns…

So there are three aspects of Pinocchio I see in your MC: 1: she is influenced by the company surrounding her. 2: there are transformations that your MC goes through as a result of choices made and 3: both the MC and Pinocchio go on a journey.

ttyl.

2 Likes