The Freakhouse: A Touch Of Lilium

Correction! You don’t even get to go in the grass if you ain’t gotta starter :pensive:

2 Likes

Awww… You’re making me blush… :blush: :smile:

1 Like

Very interesting and valued background to bring to the testing arena. I would encourage you to test as many projects here that catch your fancy because almost all of us can benefit from your perspective,

Dealing with students and alum means you can use finesse while providing our feedback and that is something that will be appreciated by all.

2 Likes

This is a COG beta test so I was expecting around 10 to 20 people :grin:
And the definition of close-knit differs depending on the type of game, so I don’t mind the exact number of participants

1 Like

yeah maplestory used to be really popular in 2010- until everyone started to play league of legends, including me lol

Haha, @Nathan_Faxon, @Zsero, someone suggested the Salty Circus because some freaks are just like that :smirk:

@KrasnaAmbrosia wow, what a good CV! :smile: Still, having a tester with so much experience makes me a bit iffy; my game is so full of erros and bugs and mistakes it makes me feel ashamed :disappointed_relieved: Still, I think that if you believe you’ll do better criticizing the NPCs than the narrative itself, that’s a huge help! Because the characters are a crucial part of the story :wink: (Seriously, you wouldn’t believe the amount of work I’m putting on them!)

@namijoan duly noted :smile: I firmly believe the number will be about 10-20 (I hardly think it will reach 30), still, I have the last word on it so it’s not 100% final :relaxed:

2 Likes

When is the selection complete, or is there not a set point in time?

@Seven7h In two-three weeks I will be closing the selection: after that, it won’t be possible to apply for beta testing :grin: I’m giving a more or less ample time frame because some people may be busy and won’t be in the forums for a week or two, but the actual selection (aka me picking the names) will be a few days after I close down the search (I don’t know how to name this in English :disappointed_relieved:, the whole “looking for beta testers”).

1 Like

Ahhhhhhh, the search would work :smile: Thank you!

Haha salty circus. I like that. How about 1000 ways to be killed by salty circus freaks in the house of corpses?

2 Likes

Well… Vex, Ember and Cassius are pretty salty so why not xD

3 Likes

Killed by a salty saltine cracker freak, at a salty circus.
:no_mouth:

1 Like

I am really inrrested in beta testing although I don’t regularly post on the forums I have read almost every single version of the demo you put out and loved every minute of it because I recognize the effort you put into making fully developed characters with distinct personalities.
As for what I have to add if I was a beta tester, I have read many choice of games and Hosted games books as well as almost every WIP on the forum. I am an avid reader and love analyzing and diving into different stories. Because of this I have seen what makes certain CoG books more successful than others, and can help analyze and give feedback and help revise this book to help you make it the best version it can be. I hope you will consider me for beta testing.

2 Likes

Hello! I have been following this since you first started and I really love the ambience of it! Since you are going into closed beta testing I am wondering if it is going be a hosted game? I really reaaaally love this so far, it’s one of my favorite wips :blush: If this was already answered I apologize;;;

I have to say I’ve been following this WIP since this thread since I first saw it I would love to be in private beta tester

1 Like

What a mouthul! Sounds like one of those self-help books you see on stores and are “world famous” even thought you never see anyone buy them :laughing:

@kicks yup, that’s the idea, but it’s going to be a long way until it reaches the final stage! Don’t worry about asking, there’s nothing wrong! :smile: It’s just that for reasons I had to get the public link down and start with the private testing :disappointed_relieved:

I like seeing people explaining why they want to be a part of the private testing: it helps me get an insight of their personality and such. Now, another question: if you say you have been keeping an eye on the thread since it began because you liked/loved/were interested in it, why didn’t you say anything? Like, cool thing, but there are more people who kinda lurked but still took a minute or two to tell me of a bug or a thought.

I know of a handful of users that are definitely in, but the next two weeks are like… a trial for the rest :smile: Some may pass, others won’t, but it’s not an impossible feat. It’s more, several already did! :blush:

1 Like

When you say it like that, I feel like I’m in the Hunger Games.

1 Like

I always have the “American Horror Story” pictured. An FX series (in case some did not know the reference)

2 Likes

Technically speaking this game is a guide on how to survive being thrown into a circus full of mostly deadly freaks.

I’d say the chance of this actually happening with the way the world is right now lies by 12%

So to anyone who wants to be prepared play this game when it comes out!

2 Likes

I am super duper unbearably shy :sob: So sorry, I don’t talk at all in the forums because I really am so shy and usually everyone is quicker with bugs and such than I am anyways.